PDA

View Full Version : Classic Serena

marc45
10-09-2009, 07:10 AM
on loss to petrova after the obligatory i didn't play well...."i ran into a girl who never played so well in her life"....serena, why not say her mother is a harlot and should never have conceived?...queen of the back-handed compliment at least

jamesblakefan#1
10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
She also said Petrova was controlling the whole match. Nice how you choose to leave that part out...

sureshs
10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
People will hate Serena no matter what. She knows that and it affects her behavior.

jamesblakefan#1
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Funny, Sharapova made fun and derided her opponent during the match the other day as she was getting an injury Timeout, and people laugh about it and say that's why they love Maria. I KNOW for a fact if Serena did the same, some would want her suspended and thrown out of the tournament.

boredone3456
10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
While it is ironic that she loses right after doing enough to get number 1, from what I have seen Petrova was actually playing well (something she rarely does against Serena it seems) and won it playing hard. She said Petrova was in control and in all honesty I don't think Petrova has played that well against Serena in her life...usually she starts strong and then loses it halfway through and Serena can out steady her...that just didn't happen this time.

Chadwixx
10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Doesnt deserve number #1 when she cant win tournaments.

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Doesnt deserve number #1 when she cant win tournaments.

Keep dreaming, boy.

Serendipitous
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I used to be a huge fan of Serena.

I admired her for her tenacity and fighting spirit (2007 Wimbledon, getting injured vs. Hantuchova and winning the match).

I stopped being a fan of her after the 2007 US Open.

She said Henin hit a lot of lucky shots.

“I think she made a lot of lucky shots and I made a lot of errors.”

This year she derided Safina with the press (I guess I'll have to win another slam and stay at number two, hahahahahahlololoolloolol).

She said she lost to Kuznetsova at the French because she wanted to give her the match.

"In the third set I had an opportunity and I got really tight, and I pretty much gave it to her," Williams said. "It was like, 'Here, do you want to go to the semis? Because I don't.' She was like, 'OK.'"

After losing to Stosur this year she said Stosur is a "good framer" (as in she hits lucky shots and they just happen to go in).

She completely disrespected Clijsters by taking away from her the joy of victory at this year's US Open.

sureshs
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
But she generated so much publicity that put tennis in the spotlight.

And then she added to it by revealing her inner beauty on ESPN.

Dutch-Guy
10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Well Petrova being one the biggest headcases/chokers in WTA,Serena is right on this one.

Chadwixx
10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
After what serena pulled at the us open your calling petrova a headcase? She also beat the fake number 1 in a third set tiebreaker. Dont think either of you comments really hold water.

When serena is number 1, you know the sport is in trouble.

Sureshs, sacraficing the integrity of the sport for a quick cash in works wonders. Look what it did for baseball...

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
^ yawn.

10 additional yawns.

Chadwixx
10-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll let you know blundervolley im using firefox to read your posts (your ignored in ie). If you make a post showing anything above a 60 tennis iq ill respond :)

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Do not bother, as we do not need to read yet another intellectually/morally crippled tirade born out of your obvious racist beliefs.

vandre
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
But she generated so much publicity that put tennis in the spotlight.

And then she added to it by revealing her inner beauty on ESPN.

that was her inner beauty???

i'm glad you told me, because i had no idea! :twisted:

Bloodshed
10-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry guys but this is as well as Serena will behave after her losses.

Like JamesBlakeFan/1 said, Petrova played one of her biggest if not biggest match ever. She should of won vs Serena back in AO 07 but she choked. And today she didn't choke.

Serena could of used better words to describe her opponent I agree but hey this is as classy as Serena will ever get.

jamesblakefan#1
10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
With Serena, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Serena says that Petrova controlled the match, and says that's probably the best she's ever played, and people still find a way to bash her.

Sharapova basically calls two of her fellow competitors fakers and cowards (Jankovic and Azarenka), and people are ready to have parades for her and celebrate.

Serendipitous
10-09-2009, 04:08 PM
With Serena, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Serena says that Petrova controlled the match, and says that's probably the best she's ever played, and people still find a way to bash her.

Sharapova basically calls two of her fellow competitors fakers and cowards (Jankovic and Azarenka), and people are ready to have parades for her and celebrate.

I think Serena made a nice comment.

The parade thing is funny.

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Well, one has blonde hair, so when she's involved, its all good to those with selective outrage sensors.