Feel free to add any comments or what not

Thanks =)

S.S.

ahile02
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Mike's forehands nice

niospecv
10-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice form Mike has. You can tell he'll get better. I know I need a lot of practice.

SuperDuy
10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Mike on the first few hits, is swinging too early then wiating for the ball to come to hit it.

SourStraws
10-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks guys...What would you guys rate us based on the vids?

S.S.

ahile02
10-11-2009, 08:05 AM
dude, rallying with a wood racquet? that's pretty legit.

i'm no expert on giving NTRP ratings (im just a HS senior). I'd prolly say 4.0s.

LeeD
10-11-2009, 08:15 AM
You guys actually hit really well, for anyone under 3 years experience.
Unfortunately, tennis is not about just hitting, but mental strengths, adjustments, experience, all that old fart crap....
Strokes can be almost 4.0, if you would hit harder.
Experience and mental crap would have most 3.5's waxing you in score, some ugly 3.0's mesmerizing you with wierd spins, angles, placements, so maybe you have the potential within a year to be 4.0, but right now a full level below.
Nice to see athletes transceding into tennis, you guys will get good really fast, much faster than typical one year tennis players.

skyzoo
10-11-2009, 08:32 AM
You decelerate your racquet before contact way to much in the first video. STOP slowing down the racquet and your gonna see a lot of improvement.

SourStraws
10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
You guys actually hit really well, for anyone under 3 years experience.
Unfortunately, tennis is not about just hitting, but mental strengths, adjustments, experience, all that old fart crap....
Strokes can be almost 4.0, if you would hit harder.
Experience and mental crap would have most 3.5's waxing you in score, some ugly 3.0's mesmerizing you with wierd spins, angles, placements, so maybe you have the potential within a year to be 4.0, but right now a full level below.
Nice to see athletes transceding into tennis, you guys will get good really fast, much faster than typical one year tennis players.

Thanks for the analysis, man

You decelerate your racquet before contact way to much in the first video. STOP slowing down the racquet and your gonna see a lot of improvement.

Thanks...I'll make sure to do that

S.S.

skyzoo
10-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks...I'll make sure to do that

S.S.
Post a video in about a month or so with some new found racquet speed.

SourStraws
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Post a video in about a month or so with some new found racquet speed.

Alright...I'll do it with my real racquet though...Playing with the wooden one caused my knuckles to start hurting...Too small of a grip

S.S.

skyzoo
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Alright...I'll do it with my real racquet though...Playing with the wooden one caused my knuckles to start hurting...Too small of a grip

S.S.
Oh wow I watched the wrong video. nevermind than. Your friend should speed it up. hahah my apologies

chico9166
10-12-2009, 02:38 AM
S.S,

Your racquet really stalls at the bottom of the loop, before the forward swing. Can you see how much you have to "muscle it" to get the racquet/arm going again. Ideally, you want to use the momentum of the downswing, and rotation of the body, to help fluidly change the direction of the swing.

In your case, I would suggest you initate the forward rotation (from the ground up) a little sooner than you are now. Each ball is slightly different, but in most cases, you see the lower body, hips, etc, start to unwind, even as the racquet is being lowered in the downswing. This helps insure, a more fluid, continous flow of energy, through the transition stage in the swing. At least, that's the kinesthetic feel you want to develope.

SourStraws
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh wow I watched the wrong video. nevermind than. Your friend should speed it up. hahah my apologies

Np, I'll tell him

S.S,

Your racquet really stalls at the bottom of the loop, before the forward swing. Can you see how much you have to "muscle it" to get the racquet/arm going again. Ideally, you want to use the momentum of the downswing, and rotation of the body, to help fluidly change the direction of the swing.

In your case, I would suggest you initate the forward rotation (from the ground up) a little sooner than you are now. Each ball is slightly different, but in most cases, you see the lower body, hips, etc, start to unwind, even as the racquet is being lowered in the downswing. This helps insure, a more fluid, continous flow of energy, through the transition stage in the swing. At least, that's the kinesthetic feel you want to develope.

Thanks....I never noticed that!

S.S.