PDA

View Full Version : Turns out only 43 minutes of tennis was played in the Nadal/Djokovic Madrid match

JennyS
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Someone suggested I actually do a stop watch timing of it (I stop watched all the other ones I timed.) I based the 55 minute timing on my DVD recording. When I watched it, I hit the pause button at the end of every point, and the length of my recording was 55 minutes. but a few seconds were added on to the end of every point.

I started this in another thread because I couldn't change the thread title on the other one. Plus that dramatically changes things. The Capriati/Henin one was actually LONGER than the Rafa/Djoker match, despite taking one hour less to play. And both matches had the same number of games. ( I figured this was the case because Capriati tended to take like 10 seconds between serves).

So now it's

Nadal/Djokovic Madrid 09: 43:01 of tennis. Match time just over 4 hours.
Capriati/Henin US Open 03: 46:38 of tennis. Match time 46:38
Federer/Soderling French Open 09: tennis was 23:47. Match just under 2 hours.
Federer/Djokovic US Open 09: tennis was 31:13. Length of match: just over 2 1/2 hours.

kimbahpnam
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
how about Nadal/Fed FO'08?

SuperFly
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/ngf5dz.jpg

How about Nadal/Fed Wimby 08?

Blinkism
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
How about Nadal/Fed Miami 04?

JeMar
10-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I guess this settles it then.

Nadal and Djokovic have less stamina than Capriati and Henin.

norbac
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
How about Acasuso/Beck Shanghai 09?

JeMar
10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Guys, don't tease. I'm sure this took a really long time and it's actually a little interesting.

MasturB
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
When you have Djoker bouncing hte ball 12 times, and then Nadal's pre-serve rituals... wouldn't surprise me it took that long.

gzhpcu
10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
As a contrast watch the little time these two guys have between points...

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=81817

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 02:12 AM
So, the girls did play longer. And Henin even schooled Kim the next day. Well, you win, I admit.

So we cannot say that Nadal was dead tired, but there are still plenty of questions to be answered.

JennyS
10-12-2009, 08:20 AM
I guess this settles it then.

Nadal and Djokovic have less stamina than Capriati and Henin.

Haha. I am in the process of uploading two videos on the Nadal/Djoker match. One shows several examples of them going at least 10 seconds over the time limit (Video is titled "Why tennis needs a shot clock.")

The other video will show the last several games of the match but "just the tennis." You'll get to see just how much tennis can be played in 10 minutes:D

JennyS
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Guys, don't tease. I'm sure this took a really long time and it's actually a little interesting.

I'm almost tempted to do the reverse and time how long they took between every single point. But I don't want to drive myself crazy!

Jason Vorhees
10-12-2009, 08:52 AM
not this again!!!!!

JennyS
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
My video showing several examples of both players going at least 10 seconds over the time limit (there were a lot more than this!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhF20UKYboA

FedSampras1
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
As a contrast watch the little time these two guys have between points...

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=81817

:shock: so fast

nowadays only Federer and Gonzalez took little time between points

T1000
10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
ok we get it, not every match is completely full of tennis. this is the 3rd thread on the same subject, keep it in one thread

wyutani
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
well, thats why tennis is a slow game.

CocaCola
10-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Leave it out you idiot!

TheTruth
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Ridiculous thread.

VivalaVida
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
There is absolutely nothing ridiculous about it. It shows that all those losers crying their eyes about Nadal being exhausted after the "extreme 4 hour showdown" were all wrong.

mzzmuaa
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
if you up the wimbledon 08 final in this manner then you'll have a greater accomplishment than most people in their entire lives

mandy01
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
There is absolutely nothing ridiculous about it. It shows that all those losers crying their eyes about Nadal being exhausted after the "extreme 4 hour showdown" were all wrong. This precisely.And Roger was right too..he was the first one to point it out when asked if Nadal would be tired

zagor
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
So Henin's fitter than Nadal then lol? Nice effert from JennyS although she didn't put match time between Henin and Capriati right.

This precisely.And Roger was right too..he was the first one to point it out when asked if Nadal would be tired

Don't forget he was called arrogant in this forum(again)for saying "these guys take their time" or similar,seems he was proven right by OP(although it's mostly common knowledge Nadal and Djokovic take long to serve).

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
So Henin's fitter than Nadal then lol? Nice effert from JennyS although she didn't put match time between Henin and Capriati right.

Don't forget he was called arrogant in this forum(again)for saying "these guys take their time" or similar,seems he was proven right by OP(although it's mostly common knowledge Nadal and Djokovic take long to serve).

But, you must agree that it was a pretty long 3-setter. Compare it with the other 2 matches that JennyS timed (RG final and Fed-Nole USO semi).

Even without time-wasting, it was a huge match, although it's true that Rafa cannot complain of exhaustion since Henin played even more and came back to beat Kim the next day.

mandy01
10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
^^ Roger played 2 gruelling 3 setters during Rome 2006 and then a 5 setter in the final against Rafa which was most certainly gruelling.
No one threw pity parties for him then.
These guys are professionals they know they have to deal with matches like these..

zagor
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
But, you must agree that it was a pretty long 3-setter. Compare it with the other 2 matches that JennyS timed (RG final and Fed-Nole USO semi).

Even without time-wasting, it was a huge match, although it's true that Rafa cannot complain of exhaustion since Henin played even more and came back to beat Kim the next day.

Yeah,it was a big match and I'm sure it took some toll on Nadal in the final who wasn't in some great form for the Madrid to begin with but Fed still had to play an excellent match in the final to win(you always have to,to win against Nadal on clay)and Nadal also had the home crowd advantage.

I don't have a problem with people saying that long SF was one of the factors which decided the final but don't like when they say that it's the sole factor that decided the outcome,some credit has to go to Fed as well who served great,used his BPs when he had them(which he does rarely against Nadal)and overall came out with a good gameplan against Nadal and stuck to it throghout the whole match.

zagor
10-13-2009, 11:11 PM
^^ Roger played 2 gruelling 3 setters during Rome 2006 and then a 5 setter in the final against Rafa which was most certainly gruelling.
No one threw pity parties for him then.
These guys are professionals they know they have to deal with matches like these..

Yeah,against Almagro in QF and Nalbandian in SF,2 tough matches in a row.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-14-2009, 02:11 AM

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM

I accepted all of your points. Although there are other questions to be asked (about mental burnout and others).

I noticed that you and mandy01 complain a lot about *******s and the abuse that Fed gets on this forum. You may want to explain the results of this poll to me then:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=207165&highlight=mono

P_Agony
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
My video showing several examples of both players going at least 10 seconds over the time limit (there were a lot more than this!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhF20UKYboA

This is simply horrible to watch. It almost looks as if they're wasting time on purpose.

P_Agony
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Ridiculous thread.

Why is this ridiculous? Did it not happen? Nadal and Djokovic were simply wasting time like no other did before them, it was really sad to watch. everybody noticed it.

JennyS
10-14-2009, 04:12 PM

I stopwatch time the Capriati/Henin match at 46:38. It took one full hour less to play than the Djokovic/Nadal match.

BTW, I was looking at my copy of the Wimbledon 08 final and the version I have (ESPN Classic reair) cut out several games (including most of the third set). So if I do a video of it, parts of it will be missing!

JennyS
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Why is this ridiculous? Did it not happen? Nadal and Djokovic were simply wasting time like no other did before them, it was really sad to watch. everybody noticed it.

If they had taken 25 seconds or less on every point, the match would have been over probably one full hour earlier!

zagor
10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I accepted all of your points. Although there are other questions to be asked (about mental burnout and others).

I noticed that you and mandy01 complain a lot about *******s and the abuse that Fed gets on this forum. You may want to explain the results of this poll to me then:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=207165&highlight=mono

Fed has by far the biggest numbers of fans on this forum so almost any poll will be in his favour.However he also has a lot of "haters" as well.

I'm not saying he's the only player that gets bashed here,not in the slightest.Nadal,Murray and Djokovic get their fair share as well.However I'm mostly a Fed fan so I notice when he gets bashed the most,I'm not saying I'm not biased.

I stopwatch time the Capriati/Henin match at 46:38. It took one full hour less to play than the Djokovic/Nadal match.

BTW, I was looking at my copy of the Wimbledon 08 final and the version I have (ESPN Classic reair) cut out several games (including most of the third set). So if I do a video of it, parts of it will be missing!

Nadal/Djokovic Madrid 09: 43:01 of tennis. Match time just over 4 hours.
Capriati/Henin US Open 03: 46:38 of tennis. Match time 46:38
Federer/Soderling French Open 09: tennis was 23:47. Match just under 2 hours.
Federer/Djokovic US Open 09: tennis was 31:13. Length of match: just over 2 1/2 hours.

I meant this,for Capriati-Henin you put the actual time of tennis played same as match time which isn't possible.