PDA

View Full Version : What was the turning point for Nadalís pitfall this year

TMF
10-12-2009, 09:14 AM
While most fans agree Federerís turning point this year was his win in Madrid, but what about Nadal?

What was Nadalís turning point for his 2009 pitfall?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:16 AM
While most fans agree Federerís turning point this year was his win in Madrid, but what about Nadal?

When he got steamrolled by Soderling!:twisted:
It was a fantastic day

DownTheLine

His 4th round loss at the FO. He then was mentally crushed so he took Wimbledon off.

mandy01
playing Barcelona..playing 3 weeks in a row when you later claim you had been playing through pain for months is just..well..no words for it really :lol:

jamesblakefan#1
10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Losing to Soderling.

Jason Vorhees
10-12-2009, 09:22 AM
It was a fantastic day

You (+ every fedfan) were probably relieved more than happy, knowing the only way Federer would win is by someone else playing Fed in the final instead of nadal, who, lets face it, has handled Federer on clay pretty easily.

TMF
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
You (+ every fedfan) were probably relieved more than happy, knowing the only way Federer would win is by someone else playing Fed in the final instead of nadal, who, lets face it, has handled Federer on clay pretty easily.

Did you even look at the poll?

Who handled who's better the last time they met on clay?

Jason Vorhees
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Did you even look at the poll?

Who handled who's better the last time they met on clay?

just quoting someone, none of your business.

IvanAndreevich
10-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Frankly, I think Nadal didn't play great the whole clay court season. He was stretched, even though he won pretty much everything. His stats (UE-Winners) were also pretty poor for his standards. In 2008 he pretty much blew everyone off the court.

I think it was from playing too many events such as Rotterdam and Barcelona, and over training.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Well, you cant live in the past, live today! And the last time Federer-Nadal played on clay Fed won pretty easy in 2 straight sets.
Soderling knocking Nadal out of Paris didnt do any damage too Federer im sure, who cares?? If Nadal cant find a way too get through to GS-finals-thats too bad! Fed can.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Frankly, I think Nadal didn't play great the whole clay court season. He was stretched, even though he won pretty much everything. His stats (UE-Winners) were also pretty poor for his standards. In 2008 he pretty much blew everyone off the court.

I think it was from playing too many events such as Rotterdam and Barcelona, and over training.
How about the rest off the players have improved on clay?

Jason Vorhees
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, you cant live in the past, live today! And the last time Federer-Nadal played on clay Fed won pretty easy in 2 straight sets.
Soderling knocking Nadal out of Paris didnt do any damage too Federer im sure, who cares?? If Nadal cant find a way too get through to GS-finals-thats too bad! Fed can.

But i think Federer did say to himself 'this could be by last chance to win FO, without nadal this could also be the best chance i'll get too'

IvanAndreevich
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM

Winners to unforced ratios for Nadal were poor. He kept dropping the ball short. Nadal didn't play nearly as well as he did last year - that's a fact.

I kept thinking almost all the way through the clay season: "Incredible how crappy Nadal can play (by his standards) and still win everything!"

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:40 AM
But i think Federer did say to himself 'this could be by last chance to win FO, without nadal this could also be the best chance i'll get too'
Maybe he did, who knows?
At the end of the day came final, Fed was on one side, Nadal wasnt on the other.

big bang
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
where is the "other" option? why make a poll like this??? its pretty clear that Rafa got injured because of his insane schedule and dropped the #1 spot due to his inactivity.. the options in this poll is BS,

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Winners to unforced ratios for Nadal were poor. He kept dropping the ball short. Nadal didn't play nearly as well as he did last year - that's a fact.

I kept thinking almost all the way through the clay season: "Incredible how crappy Nadal can play (by his standards) and still win everything!"
Well again, maybe his opponents had something too do with that. When you drop the ball short-there might be a reason for that.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:44 AM
where is the "other" option? why make a poll like this??? its pretty clear that Rafa got injured because of his insane schedule and dropped the #1 spot due to his inactivity.. the options in this poll is BS,
Dont listen too this crazy Dane, hes had too much beer!

IvanAndreevich
10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Well again, maybe his opponents had something too do with that. When you drop the ball short-there might be a reason for that.

What's the definition of an unforced error? And obviously I am not referring to Nadal dropping the ball short when it's being blasted from the other side.

drakulie
10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Nadal was injured this whole year, and last, and the one before that, and so on. So it is hard to pin point any time/date.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:47 AM
What's the definition of an unforced error? And obviously I am not referring to Nadal dropping the ball short when it's being blasted from the other side.
Hard to tell, alright then-fair enough.

big bang
10-12-2009, 09:51 AM

LMAO!!! so suddently the whole pro-tour improved their clayskills over night huh? and improved so much that they could beat the king of clay LOL, sounds very logic:)
why is it so hard to admit that rafa killed himself this season? like it or not he is GOAT on clay and dominated everybody since he was a teenager:) deal with it!!

aphex
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Nadal was injured this whole year, and last, and the one before that, and so on. So it is hard to pin point any time/date.

after a lot of research, the scientific community finally pinpointed the date:

June 3rd, 1986

aphex
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
LMAO!!! so suddently the whole pro-tour improved their clayskills over night huh? and improved so much that they could beat the king of clay LOL, sounds very logic:)
why is it so hard to admit that rafa killed himself this season? like it or not he is GOAT on clay and dominated everybody since he was a teenager:) deal with it!!

king of clay? you mean the new king of clay? roger federer?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Suddenly? it was 1 year since the last clay-season.
There always comes a time when someone breaks ground, i think DelPo and Soderling shoewd everyone on tour how too beat Nadal especilly on HC obviously.
No he is not, that would be BJORN BORG

IvanAndreevich
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM

But seriously, drak, don't you think Nadal's playing too many mickey mouse events has something to do with his poor results and injuries towards the ends of seasons (historically) or towards the middle in this case?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
after a lot of research, the scientific community finally pinpointed the date:

June 3rd, 1986
:):twisted::):twisted:

big bang
10-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Dont listen too this crazy Dane, hes had too much beer!

too much beer? that was you and the rest of your little swedish friends this saturday when we beat you:) LOL hope you guys like our bighouse:):)

big bang
10-12-2009, 10:02 AM
LOL you two seem to team up everytime, are you dating or going steady?:)
you sure make me laugh:) king of clay: Fed LMAO.. Borg, yes he was good in the stoneage, today he would get killed out there..

TMF
10-12-2009, 10:09 AM

Here are his total matches each year BEFORE playing RG:

2005Ö.48 matches
2006Ö.32
2007Ö.43
2008Ö.44
2009Ö.47

The numbers are very close. If 2009 was an insane schedule so was the previous years( except in 2006). All the years he won RG he never skipped grass season. Plus, losing early at the FO this year gave him more time to rest for queen & SW19.

He was having a Soderling syndrome, not b/c of an insane schedule.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 10:09 AM
you sure make me laugh:) king of clay: Fed LMAO.. Borg, yes he was good in the stoneage, today he would get killed out there..
Are you telling everyone who disagrees with you that?? Fantastic.
Havent you learned not too compare eras, newb.

aphex
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM

danes are great people-how did you turn out so obnoxious?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Exactly
10 char

drakulie
10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
But seriously, drak, don't you think Nadal's playing too many mickey mouse events has something to do with his poor results and injuries towards the ends of seasons (historically) or towards the middle in this case?

Nope. .............

Cesc Fabregas
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Wheres the injury option in the poll?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
too much beer? that was you and the rest of your little swedish friends this saturday when we beat you:) LOL hope you guys like our bighouse:):)
Yeah its hard too win when you get 2 goals taken away by a referee who had white& red underwear!:evil:
We totally owned the match

drakulie
10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Wheres the injury option in the poll?

no need for one. Perhaps you could start your own thread.

Agassifan
10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Soderling's upset ranks among the top 3 in the history of tennis. That has to be hard to recover from. I dont think Rafa will get over it AT LEAST until he wins the next french.

big bang
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
let me tell you one thing.. I am not even fan of Nadal, but the way you *******s talk about your "god" really makes me sick..
sure Fed is better on fast courts, but you guys should drop the worshiping for a sec or two and take a look at the facts: Rafa is bar far a superior claycourter to Fed.. Fed wins a match every now and then. Fed is a superior fastcourt player, but still Rafa snatched his wimby titel from him..
If you really think Fed is that great you should respect Nadal for being able to beat him even at wimby..
I respect Fed for his talent and skills, but I respect Rafa even more for his fighterinstinct and being able to beat a more talented player again and again..

TMF
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Soderling's upset ranks among the top 3 in the history of tennis. That has to be hard to recover from. I dont think Rafa will get over it AT LEAST until he wins the next french.

Also the schedule between RG and SW19 is so close and he didnít have enough time to relieves some pain. Had the SW19 was 2 months further apart, maybe he would showed up.

big bang
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah its hard too win when you get 2 goals taken away by a referee who had white& red underwear!:evil:
We totally owned the match

perhaps you saw a different match?? fact is that we qualified as #1..

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 10:47 AM
perhaps you saw a different match?? fact is that we qualified as #1..
I was watching the same match as you were, yes you did with the referees help. But where were you last World Cup? And last European Championship? Where? I cant remember

big bang
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
yesterday was yesterday, what counts is present time:) did you say the same when Fed won FO?? bet you didnt say, he finally won but it dont matter cause he got beaten in straight sets and bageled last year or did you?:)

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM
yesterday was yesterday, what counts is present time:) did you say the same when Fed won FO?? bet you didnt say, he finally won but it dont matter cause he got beaten in straight sets and bageled last year or did you?:)
Well at least he won it fair and square, without HUGE help from the referee.

big bang
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
well first of all I hate football, so I didnt watch the match.. but of course I cheer for my country no matter what sport it is:) I saw the highlights on the news, that was enough for me

namelessone
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM

2005….48 matches
2006….32
2007….43
2008….44
2009….47

The numbers are very close. If 2009 was an insane schedule so was the previous years( except in 2006). All the years he won RG he never skipped grass season. Plus, losing early at the FO this year gave him more time to rest for queen & SW19.

He was having a "soderling syndrome":confused:?

What is the logic behind this assumption? Nadal got beat by a guy he hates in RG so he decides to skip queens and wimbledon as a result of that? Do you realise how stupid that sounds? So Nadal decided to skip the most important tournament in the world,on a surface which favours him(and he was defending champion) because of fear of losing(presumably he was hiding in a corner the whole time after RG),"invents" a injury to get out of playing these events and decides to come back on his worst surface,in a time of season which doesn't usually favour him and gets soundly beaten about 4 times(way worse than in the Soderling match)but he doesn't quit a tournament until he gets a muscle tear and skips bangkok. Why didn't Nadal quit(invent a injury) after getting beat again and again in the HC season? Well he didn't quit because he felt he was healthy enough to compete,unlike after RG.

And the funniest part about Nadal's withdrawal from wimbledon out of fear was that he had a easy draw,he didn't have any big hitters on his part if I remember correctly.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
playing Barcelona..playing 3 weeks in a row when you later claim you had been playing through pain for months is just..well..no words for it really :lol:

This is exactly what i asked in my thread.

If you say that he was not tired/exhausted/injured at RG, then there is nothing wrong with playing 3 weeks in a row, so why are you surprised about it?

IvanAndreevich
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM

2005….48 matches
2006….32
2007….43
2008….44
2009….47

Not a good indicator. In 2008 he blew everyone off the court quickly. In 2009, he fought through tough long matches where he had to defend a lot. The number of matches doesn't take that into account.

TMF
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
He was having a "soderling syndrome":confused:?

What is the logic behind this assumption? Nadal got beat by a guy he hates in RG so he decides to skip queens and wimbledon as a result of that? Do you realise how stupid that sounds? So Nadal decided to skip the most important tournament in the world,on a surface which favours him(and he was defending champion) because of fear of losing(presumably he was hiding in a corner the whole time after RG),"invents" a injury to get out of playing these events and decides to come back on his worst surface,in a time of season which doesn't usually favour him and gets soundly beaten about 4 times(way worse than in the Soderling match)but he doesn't quit a tournament until he gets a muscle tear and skips bangkok. Why didn't Nadal quit(invent a injury) after getting beat again and again in the HC season? Well he didn't quit because he felt he was healthy enough to compete,unlike after RG.

And the funniest part about Nadal's withdrawal from wimbledon out of fear was that he had a easy draw,he didn't have any big hitters on his part if I remember correctly.

You either didnít get my point or completely ignoring it.

*******sí excuse was Nadalís brutal schedule was the sole reason he withdrew. However, Iíve shown in his previous years he was playing plenty of tennis too and the difference was he won RG. Losing RG this year was the biggest blow since he is the clear favorite to win it. It certainly hammered his confidence. Had he won RG, it would be another routine year for him to go to queen and SW19. He lost b/c of injury? Let me ask you thisÖ.did anyone ever even thought about him losing RG after he demolished Hewitt? Donít tell me you did. Added to insult was he went on to lose to Wawrinka and Hewitt on grass before SW19, which even crippled his confidence. He just didnít believe he can win SW19 so he took off. Guess what he did during his time off? And no, he didnít rest to nurse his so called tendinitis.

Youíre using HC to compared clay is rather silly. Clay surface doesnít bother playersí joints, itís the HC. Nadalís kryptonite is the HC. Get it?

Lastly, just b/c Nadal withdrew SW19 doesnít mean any other players would of done the same if they were in his position. How many player withdrew from SW19 after winning the previous year? How many???

TMF
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Not a good indicator. In 2008 he blew everyone off the court quickly. In 2009, he fought through tough long matches where he had to defend a lot. The number of matches doesn't take that into account.

Number of matches doesn't take into account but what resting time?

How many days of rest did he got between RG, queen and SW19 in 2008?

How many days of rest did he got between RG and SW19?

Who had more stressful time between that stretch???

statto
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Playing x number of matches in a year isn't the be-all and end-all of fatigue/injury. Nadal wasn't playing at his best even during the tournaments he was winning in the clay season. I was shocked when he chose to play Barcelona, and was even more shocked when he went to Madrid.

If you followed all those tournaments it was easy to see Nadal's drop in level during that period. IMO his going to Barca and Madrid when his knees were giving him trouble was absolutely moronic. He doesn't need to play himself into form on clay, and if he'd given up the 1100 points he got from those two tournaments I think he'd have eight slams by now.

I also think it was stupid of him to play Beijing last week.

Ran out of gas in May is the closest option to the truth.

Chadwixx
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
He hasnt won a tournament since fed ownd him in madrid. Has he even made a final?

Dimitrov_Fan
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
really? that makes all of his accomplishments in that time so much more meaningful

maddogz32
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
i think his running out of gas in may is what caused the upset to soderling

namelessone
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
You either didn’t get my point or completely ignoring it.

*******s’ excuse was Nadal’s brutal schedule was the sole reason he withdrew. However, I’ve shown in his previous years he was playing plenty of tennis too and the difference was he won RG. Losing RG this year was the biggest blow since he is the clear favorite to win it. It certainly hammered his confidence. Had he won RG, it would be another routine year for him to go to queen and SW19. He lost b/c of injury? Let me ask you this….did anyone ever even thought about him losing RG after he demolished Hewitt? Don’t tell me you did. Added to insult was he went on to lose to Wawrinka and Hewitt on grass before SW19, which even crippled his confidence. He just didn’t believe he can win SW19 so he took off. Guess what he did during his time off? And no, he didn’t rest to nurse his so called tendinitis.

You’re using HC to compared clay is rather silly. Clay surface doesn’t bother players’ joints, it’s the HC. Nadal’s kryptonite is the HC. Get it?

Lastly, just b/c Nadal withdrew SW19 doesn’t mean any other players would of done the same if they were in his position. How many player withdrew from SW19 after winning the previous year? How many???

Actually I think you are ignoring my points.And do you actually believe what you write?

Here's how stupid your story sounds: Nadal,after having a few good months in the year,loses to soderling in RG and goes bananas. Because he fears he will lose(now everybody sees his as vulnerable,right?),he purposely quits queens(where he was defending champion) and takes 2 weeks off. Than he makes up a fake injury so as to test his game unoficially against two guys,hewitt and wawrinka,and loses. Seeing as he can't beat these guys his confidence goes down the drain and he decides to quit the biggest tournament in the world where he is defending champion(and on a surface that favors him). Again,do you realise how stupid this sounds? Remember,we are talking about Rafael Nadal,one of the biggest fighters in the history of this sport. And we are expecting a evil mastermind plot(faking going to the doctor,faking his injury,faking the nursing of the injury) from a guy who can't even schedule properly. Come on.

If I believe your Nadal is a wuss and is afraid of getting beaten theory,why does Nadal bail out on 3 tournaments on surfaces which favour him(queens/wimbledon on grass and DC on clay) only to "come back from injury" on his worst surface. If Nadal was losing confidence,the time to prove the world wrong was in queens and wimbledon,not montreal and cincy. And Nadal got soundly beaten 4 times(breadsticked 3 times by delpo,djoker,cilic and got blown off the court at USO) after his recovery. Why doesn't he pull out the old injury excuse right now (because he is certainly losing confidence right now)? He certainly looks more vulnerable than he did after RG. This would be the perfect time to quit. Why doesn't he quit? Because he feels healthy enough now unlike after RG.

You missed the point about surfaces completely. Nadal's first clay tournament,MC,was when the pain started. Why? My guess is because of the running arund he did in AO and the mini HC season after the AO. He played all the clay tournaments with pain and he did a pretty god job winning 3,but he played mediocre tennis for his level with djoker getting close to him twice and federer beating him in Madrid. On a side note,Verdasco,the guy who is to Nadal what Roddick is to Federer,went 4-0 up in the second against him in Barca. Think about that for a second. Verdasco,who got demolished in last year's RG almost won sets on clay versus clay legend Nadal. Verdasco is good on clay but he is a much better HC player IMO. It doesn't matter if clay is friendly on the knees if you arrive in MC with pain and play 3 consecutive tournaments in one month(MC,Barca,Rome),reaching finals in all of them,give your body only a bit of rest(one week) and then go and play another tournament(Madrid),in which you also reach finals. Your body(knees) simply can't take it,especially in Nadal's case,with his grueling style of play and with him playing like this since he was a junior(time catches up to everybody).

Nadal played mediocre tennis in RG buddy and I thought that when I saw his first round match. Nadal,4 times RG champion,struggled against Daniel,a 31 year old player with a one-handed backhand,the type of backhand that Nadal loves. Not only did Nadal miss routine FH and BH,he gave numerous opportunities for the brazilian to win at least one set but the guy had no balls and lost. Gabashvili is a rookie so he didn't push Nadal much and the hewitt game was dissappointing to me because Nadal didn't demolish him,he just retrieved the ball and hewitt imploded because he had a bad day. The first 3 rounds Nadal was playing mediocre tennis,with some flashed of brilliance,but not playing constantly at a high level,like in his 2005-2008 run. Even if he had not met soderling,davydenko would have ousted him the next round because davy was on fire and Nadal was definitely not,for whatever reason,whether form or health related.

"Lastly, just b/c Nadal withdrew SW19 doesn’t mean any other players would of done the same if they were in his position. How many player withdrew from SW19 after winning the previous year? How many???"

Yes,Nadal is in the ingrate position of being the only guy to withdraw from wimbledon while being defending champion. And your point is? Should Nadal have risked busting up his knees even more and risk the remainder of his career for one tournament(even if it is a very important tournament)? Should he have played just because no one withdrew from wimbledon like this before?
Nadal did the first smart thing in a loooonnnggg time as far is scheduling goes and made a important decision:his future or this wimbledon.I'm glad that he picked the first one.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
This is exactly what i asked in my thread.

If you say that he was not tired/exhausted/injured at RG, then there is nothing wrong with playing 3 weeks in a row, so why are you surprised about it?Where did I claim Nadal faked his injury?
and my point is kinda obvious isnt it? If Nadal said he was playing through pain for months why did he play 3 weeks back-to-back?

namelessone
10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Where did I claim Nadal faked his injury?
and my point is kinda obvious isnt it? If Nadal said he was playing through pain for months why did he play 3 weeks back-to-back?

I think he played 3 weeks back to back with pain because he probably had done it in the past before but Nadal's body this year let him know the hard way that he is no spring chicken anymore. Nadal did a stupid thing by playing three in a row with pain,but he topped that stupid decision with a even more moronic one,deciding to play madrid instead of giving his body a longer time to recuperate before RG. This was got to be one of the worst scheduling blunders I have ever seen and it is worse considering that Nadal's style isn't easy on the body and that he isn't getting any younger.

What's worse is that he doesn't seem to be learning from it. He plays Montreal/Cincy/rest/USO,had bangkok in his schedule which he only missed due to another injury and now plays beijing/shanghai/paris/TMC. Seems like too much HC for his knees after coming back from injury,although to be fair,he didn't make finals in any of those tournaments so he was spared a few matches.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I think he played 3 weeks back to back with pain because he probably had done it in the past before but Nadal's body this year let him know the hard way that he is no spring chicken anymore. Nadal did a stupid thing by playing three in a row with pain,but he topped that stupid decision with a even more moronic one,deciding to play madrid instead of giving his body a longer time to recuperate before RG. This was got to be one of the worst scheduling blunders I have ever seen and it is worse considering that Nadal's style isn't easy on the body and that he isn't getting any younger.

What's worse is that he doesn't seem to be learning from it. He plays Montreal/Cincy/rest/USO,had bangkok in his schedule which he only missed due to another injury and now plays beijing/shanghai/paris/TMC. Seems like too much HC for his knees after coming back from injury,although to be fair,he didn't make finals in any of those tournaments so he was spared a few matches. Possibly.My problem with this whole saga is that *******s use it to demean Roger's victory at not only RG but even Wimbledon AND Madrid .As also Soderling's victory who ( deny it all you want) played tactically and mentally a near perfect match.He could've easily lost that match despite of Nadal's injury and its not like Nadal was playing so bad,that the match wasnt winnable for him.
Before Nadal's match against Djokovic in Cincy we had *******s claiming he was almost back to his best and would take down Djokovic.Then when he lost they said he wasnt 10%.I dont geddit.
edit-I dont agree about Madrid..All players played it ,it was a masters event.Barca was not worth playing at the time.But I'll leave it at that.

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Sometimes the action of internet '***** affects people's opinion of real world tennis players.

It's too bad.

The turning point was clearly the loss to Soderling. The loss to Federer in Madrid was a blow to Nadal who was going for a clay season sweep, but Nadal's gotten over things like that before (Hamburg '07).

Losing in the 4th round, or even at all, at Roland Garros was new territory for Nadal.

His personality and attitude changed that day, for the worse, it seems :(

Hopefully he gets over it and 2010 is a fresh start.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Sometimes the action of internet '***** affects people's opinion of real world tennis players.

It's too bad.

The turning point was clearly the loss to Soderling. The loss to Federer in Madrid was a blow to Nadal who was going for a clay season sweep, but Nadal's gotten over things like that before (Hamburg '07).

Losing in the 4th round, or even at all, was new territory for Nadal.

Hopefully he gets over it and 2010 is a fresh start. Well...I guess you have to expect that.These players work their rear ends off ,its obvious they dont like to lose.
If the loss did anything it proved how tough it is to live upto peoples' expectations all the time.

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 10:28 PM
^^ in retrospect, the expectations were ridiculous

i'll admit to being caught up in the "Nadal could win the Grand Slam" hype

it seemed possible!!

The way he was playing, a lot of things seemed possible.

That's why when he lost at the FO, a lot of people got humbled. What was cool was that something like 90% of Fed fans, just flaming with Nadal fans the week before, came out and gave sympathies to Nadal fans who were feeling, to say the least, depressed about what happened.

Then Drakulie showed up and kicked the troll machine into full gear.

A classy individual :?

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Where did I claim Nadal faked his injury?

You said a couple of times that Nadal never had an injury/pain/exhaustion.
In other words, he was tip-top for RG and his schedule wasn't so demanding after all.
Tell me if I'm interepreting something incorrectly.

namelessone
10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Possibly.My problem with this whole saga is that *******s use it to demean Roger's victory at not only RG but even Wimbledon AND Madrid .As also Soderling's victory who ( deny it all you want) played tactically and mentally a near perfect match.He could've easily lost that match despite of Nadal's injury and its not like Nadal was playing so bad,that the match wasnt winnable for him.
Before Nadal's match against Djokovic in Cincy we had *******s claiming he was almost back to his best and would take down Djokovic.Then when he lost they said he wasnt 10%.I dont geddit.
edit-I dont agree about Madrid..All players played it ,it was a masters event.Barca was not worth playing at the time.But I'll leave it at that.

Well what can I say,I am not a "*******". Was someone claiming that Nadal wasn't even 10% after the djoker match or was that a typo on your part?
For me the HC beatings that Nadal is taking right now don't matter that much because it's clear that Nadal has few things to hurt these guys with big serves and flat strokes. The only one which made a bit sad was the delpo win in USO because Nadal started that match so well tactically,slicing deep and keeping delpo guessing but he,for some reason,switched to the short ball down the center routine.And I still think that he could have won at least a set if he had a better strategy. The 6-2,6-2,6-2 scoreline is a bit misleading because most of the games on either guys serve in the first 2 sets were very close. But I digress.

My beef with Madrid,no matter what some *******s may think,is about Madrid's position in the calendar when we consider Nadal's knee problems,not that he lost to Federer. It's clear that he could have skipped either barca or madrid,but seeing as barca was part of his 3 tournament set,madrid had to go,especially if you have been playing with pain for about a month. One week of rest before Madrid will not cut it.

RG for me was disappointing not because of the soderling match but because of how Nadal presented himself there,coming not at his very best,when in fact you should peak at slams. I'll say this again: Losing exo's on clay to nr.109 in the world and almost losing sets to a 31 year old brazilian with a one handed backhand,which Nadal eats up,doesn't qualify as playing great. Numerous observers,before and during the Soderling match,said that Nadal is not playing great,but will probably make finals. So the consensus was that Nadal didn't bring his A-game and wasn't as his best in RG,form-wise and perhaps even physically. I only remember McEnroe's and Navratilova's point of views on Nadal's defeat and they said that Nadal didn't look good from the onset against soderling.Even our very own Will Hamilton(FYB) said that Nadal didn't bring his A-game on that day. Even with Nadal being mediocre and Soderling red hot,it was still a close game,with the exception of the first set.
If it wouldn't have been soderling,it would have been davydenko . No way would Nadal be allowed to get away with this mediocre tennis in a GS,even if it was RG.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
^^ in retrospect, the expectations were ridiculous

i'll admit to being caught up in the "Nadal could win the Grand Slam" hype

it seemed possible!!

The way he was playing, a lot of things seemed possible.

That's why when he lost at the FO, a lot of people got humbled. What was cool was that something like 90% of Fed fans, just flaming with Nadal fans the week before, came out and gave sympathies to Nadal fans who were feeling, to say the least, depressed about what happened.

Then Drakulie showed up and kicked the troll machine into full gear.

A classy individual :? I wouldnt be surprised if Nadal believed too that he could do it.Roger believed it as well when people saying he would do it.

As for the fan-reaction-You just had to ask the Federer fans about the previous 10 months or so. :wink:They were good enough to make us feel genuinely sympathetic.

As for drak..I do think he chose an inapproriate time and defended Nadal myself.That said it was nothing to the crap we were seeing after AO and after each of Roger's losses in masters as also the Madrid victory.It just wasnt.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM

It's too bad.

Losing in the 4th round, or even at all, at Roland Garros was new territory for Nadal.

Hopefully he gets over it and 2010 is a fresh start.

I don't understand what you're saying really.

Is Nadal really in a pitfall? Explain please and then I'll answer you.

To whom did he lose since he came back? Djokovic, DelPo. Isn't he supposed to lose to those guys on HCs? He also lost to Cilic, who played awesome, kinda like DelPo.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Well what can I say,I am not a "*******". Was someone claiming that Nadal wasn't even 10% after the djoker match or was that a typo on your part?
For me the HC beatings that Nadal is taking right now don't matter that much because it's clear that Nadal has few things to hurt these guys with big serves and flat strokes. The only one which made a bit sad was the delpo win in USO because Nadal started that match so well tactically,slicing deep and keeping delpo guessing but he,for some reason,switched to the short ball down the center routine.And I still think that he could have won at least a set if he had a better strategy. The 6-2,6-2,6-2 scoreline is a bit misleading because most of the games on either guys serve in the first 2 sets were very close. But I digress.

My beef with Madrid,no matter what some *******s may think,is about Madrid's position in the calendar when we consider Nadal's knee problems,not that he lost to Federer. It's clear that he could have skipped either barca or madrid,but seeing as barca was part of his 3 tournament set,madrid had to go,especially if you have been playing with pain for about a month. One week of rest before Madrid will not cut it.

RG for me was disappointing not because of the soderling match but because of how Nadal presented himself there,coming not at his very best,when in fact you should peak at slams. I'll say this again: Losing exo's on clay to nr.109 in the world and almost losing sets to a 31 year old brazilian with a one handed backhand,which Nadal eats up,doesn't qualify as playing great. Numerous observers,before and during the Soderling match,said that Nadal is not playing great,but will probably make finals. So the consensus was that Nadal didn't bring his A-game and wasn't as his best in RG,form-wise and perhaps even physically. I only remember McEnroe's and Navratilova's point of views on Nadal's defeat and they said that Nadal didn't look good from the onset against soderling.Even our very own Will Hamilton(FYB) said that Nadal didn't bring his A-game on that day. Even with Nadal being mediocre and Soderling red hot,it was still a close game,with the exception of the first set.
If it wouldn't have been soderling,it would have been davydenko . No way would Nadal be allowed to get away with this mediocre tennis in a GS,even if it was RG. I meant not 100%

We'll disagree about Madrid.
As to RG..I never said Nadal got his A-game.But I do think and FYB will agree with me that Soderling played a brilliant match tactically and deserved to win in the end.
I dont know if Davy would beat Nadal though.Sod was just fearless that day and it showed in his later matches too.Cant say the same about Davy.
And I do think Nadal should've found a way through that match.Saying he wasnt playing well dosent cut as an excuse.Playing mediocre or not he is still far better a clay-courter than Sod.

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Nadal believed too that he could do it.Roger believed it as well when people saying he would do it.

As for the fan-reaction-You just had to ask the Federer fans about the previous 10 months or so. :wink:They were good enough to make us feel genuinely sympathetic.

As for drak..I do think he chose an inapproriate time and defended Nadal myself.That said it was nothing to the crap we were seeing after AO and after each of Roger's losses in masters as also the Madrid victory.It just wasnt.

That was crap, too, for sure. Definitely a lot of negativity against Fed in that time. I can understand underestimating him (he wasn't showing signs of promise from IW-Rome), but some people were kicking him when he was, seemingly, down.

But still, Drak was ragging on Nadal for a host of different things.. steroids, his parent's divorce, etc, etc..

I don't understand what you're saying really.

Is Nadal really in a pitfall? Explain please and then I'll answer you.

To whom did he lose since he came back? Djokovic, DelPo. Isn't he supposed to lose to those guys on HCs? He also lost to Cilic, who played awesome, kinda like DelPo.

Nadal's lost a bit of that fighter spirit and he seems a little more bitter about everything than before.

Losing to Del Potro is one thing, losing by such a margin is another.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Nadal's lost a bit of that fighter spirit and he seems a little more bitter about everything than before.

Losing to Del Potro is one thing, losing by such a margin is another.

OK, but he still lost as expected. Margin was too much, though

Why did he skip Wimbledon and Queens by the way?

mandy01
10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
^^ I didnt see drak 'rag' on Nadal about his parents divorce.
What I saw after AO however was pathetic.Drak was just one guy.
*******s basically find a way to trash Roger whether he wins OR loses .And its worse when he loses.While I was sorry for *******s when Rafa lost I wasnt sorry for the fact that they got a taste of their own crap.
I'm sorry you had to put up with it though :wink:

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
OK, but he still lost as expected. Margin was too much, though

Why did he skip Wimbledon and Queens by the way?

He said he was injured. I think he was more afraid to aggervate any underlying injuries, like tendinitis, so he skipped Queen's to have a medical test (as far as I remember)

The docs told him that he did have tendinitis and it's best to skip Wimby.

He wasn't about to do that, but he was coming in with a drop in confidence, the doctors telling him to lay off, and no grass matches under his belt.

Then he went to play those 2 exo's before Wimby, but played quite poorly, so he decided that the tourney was a write-off and that, in the long term, skipping Wimby was a smart decision for his longevity and would give him enough time to recover for the summer and maybe tackle the US Open like he never has before.

Whether or not skipping Wimby was a smart choice or not is the question, but the logic behind Nadal's decision make sense from his standpoint, to an extent.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:00 PM
*******s basically find a way to trash Roger whether he wins OR loses .And its worse when he loses.While I was sorry for *******s when Rafa lost I wasnt sorry for the fact that they got a taste of their own crap.

Is there a single post by you where you dont mention *******s?

You care more about *******s and *******s than about Federer and Nadal.

Can please answer my question: if Nadal wasn't tired/injured, then why are saying that his schedule was bad?

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Well, there was this
http://tinyurl.com/nkdz6m
^^or perhaps their marriage didn't work because his mother is not happy about his father and uncle encouraging nadal to use roids.

all specualtion, and yet here we have this thread talking about his personal life, and the other thread (doping) about his public life gets deleted. :roll:

And I don't usually side with the *******s when they hate on Federer...

Probably because Roger is one of my all-time favorite players.

I just cheer for Rafa these days :lol:

mandy01
10-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Is there a single post by you where you dont mention *******s?

You care more about *******s and *******s than about Federer and Nadal.

Can please answer my question: if Nadal wasn't tired/injured, then why are saying that his schedule was bad?
Where did I say Nadal wasnt injured? Get grip and try reading my posts before you accuse me of something I havent done buddy.
And yes,there a lot of posts where I dont mention the fans.You are simply prone to selective reading.

mandy01
10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, there was this
http://tinyurl.com/nkdz6m

And I don't usually side with the *******s (I think a few people will remember that I was one of the few Nadal fans not to cheer for Murray at Wimbledon, me and babbette).

Probably because Roger is one of my all-time favorite players.

I just cheer for Rafa these days :lol:
Yeah that comment cant have been funny at the time...
Now that I read it I cant help but laugh though..everything suggested in it is so impossible it gets funny :lol:

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:06 PM
He said he was injured. I think he was more afraid to aggervate any underlying injuries, like tendinitis, so he skipped Queen's to have a medical test (as far as I remember)

The docs told him that he did have tendinitis and it's best to skip Wimby.

He wasn't about to do that, but he was coming in with a drop in confidence, the doctors telling him to lay off, and no grass matches under his belt.

Then he went to play those 2 exo's before Wimby, but played quite poorly, so he decided that the tourney was a write-off and that, in the long term, skipping Wimby was a smart decision for his longevity and would give him enough time to recover for the summer and maybe tackle the US Open like he never has before.

Whether or not skipping Wimby was a smart choice or not is the question, but the logic behind Nadal's decision make sense from his standpoint, to an extent.

When did he pick up the injury? Before RG, during the first 3 rounds, during Soderling match?

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 11:11 PM
When did he pick up the injury? Before RG, during the first 3 rounds, during Soderling match?

Oh, I have no clue.

I don't know how injured he was or if he was even injured at all during the Soderling match.

I think it was more of a fear of injury combined with an underlying, but not aggravated, injury diagnosis that was behind Nadal's decision to drop Queen's and, ultimately, Wimbledon.

Nadal didn't say anything about being injured during the Soderling match, so I'll take his word for it.

I know he was injured during the Rotterdam final, earlier in the year, so maybe that was related?

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Where did I say Nadal wasnt injured? Get grip and try reading my posts before you accuse me of something I havent done buddy.
And yes,there a lot of posts where I dont mention the fans.You are simply prone to selective reading.

So, can you please explain to me when do you believe he was injured, when did he pick up the injury, when did the injury stop, ..and so on?

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh, I have no clue.

I don't know how injured he was or if he was even injured at all during the Soderling match.

I think it was more of a fear of injury combined with an underlying, but not aggravated, injury diagnosis that was behind Nadal's decision to drop Queen's and, ultimately, Wimbledon.

Nadal didn't say anything about being injured during the Soderling match, so I'll take his word for it.

I know he was injured during the Rotterdam final, earlier in the year, so maybe that was related?

So, why did he become afraid of injury at precisely that time? Why not before last year's USO when he also had a busy schedule (winning MonteCarlo, Hamburg, RG, Queens, Wimby, Montreal, Beijing,Cinci semis)?

mandy01
10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
So, can you please explain to me when do you believe he was injured, when did he pick up the injury, when did the injury stop, ..and so on?
I really dont know.He didnt point to anything specific..he didnt really mention a specific time as to when he picked up the injury.I expect it was a recurring problem for him .

mandy01
10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
So, why did he become afraid of injury at precisely that time? Why not before last year's USO when he also had a busy schedule (winning MonteCarlo, Hamburg, RG, Queens, Wimby, Montreal, Beijing,Cinci semis)?
He did say he was tired and couldnt move at the USO as well ( later dropping out of TMC )but that he always is.

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 11:21 PM

Well, I guess he learnt his lesson. I don't know him personally so I can't account for his mindset.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:42 PM
hahaha, so neither a Nadal fan like Blinkism, nor a Fed fan like mandy01 know when Nadal had an injury, whether he even had an injury, when did it start, when did it get worse, when did it stop, etc etc, and they can't even make an informed judgement or are afraid, i dont know...

I am hanging around Pro Match and Former Pro sections from now on...

mandy01
10-12-2009, 11:43 PM
hahaha, so neither a Nadal fan like Blinkism, nor a Fed fan like mandy01 know when Nadal had an injury, whether he even had an injury, when did it start, when did it get worse, when did it stop, etc etc

I am hanging around Pro Match and Former Pro sections from now on...How are we supposed to know?I dont get your point at all.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:44 PM
But then how can you argue with *******s who say that he had an injury if you're not sure whether and when he had it?

namelessone
10-12-2009, 11:46 PM

You are looking at this the wrong way. Nadal has tendinitis. The only thing he needs to while having this condition is to make sure he doesn't overplay(which he failed to do)because if he does this the pain becomes too great and he can't think about his game anymore,his movement will be restricted,not to mention the fact that the only known temporary "cure" for tendinitis is rest.

It's not like he broke a bone or twisted an ankle so that we can put or finger on the exact moment when it happened.
Nadal had already abused his body before this year with his style of play. Playing almost a full month with pain in his knees certainly didn't do him any favours. I don't think he would have skipped queens and wimbledon if his knees didn't bother him. In my mind the pain became too great in the madrid-RG timeslot,although my money is on Madrid because Nadal came into RG not looking that great.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-12-2009, 11:53 PM
You are looking at this the wrong way. Nadal has tendinitis. The only thing he needs to while having this condition is to make sure he doesn't overplay(which he failed to do)because if he does this the pain becomes too great and he can't think about his game anymore,his movement will be restricted,not to mention the fact that the only known temporary "cure" for tendinitis is rest.

It's not like he broke a bone or twisted an ankle so that we can put or finger on the exact moment when it happened.
Nadal had already abused his body before this year with his style of play. Playing almost a full month with pain in his knees certainly didn't do him any favours. I don't think he would have skipped queens and wimbledon if his knees didn't bother him. In my mind the pain became too great in the madrid-RG timeslot,although my money is on Madrid because Nadal came into RG not looking that great.

OK, that's the most reasonable answer.

I never believed he picked up an injury during the actual match with Djokovic with Madrid. It's too simplistic excuse (like, he got injured just before he started losing).

Blinkism
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
hahaha, so neither a Nadal fan like Blinkism, nor a Fed fan like mandy01 know when Nadal had an injury, whether he even had an injury, when did it start, when did it get worse, when did it stop, etc etc, and they can't even make an informed judgement or are afraid, i dont know...

I am hanging around Pro Match and Former Pro sections from now on...

Am I supposed to be an expert on Nadal's injuries because I'm a Nadal fan?

I'm not a Nadal apologist, making excuses for his loses, so I don't really follow closely what his injury status is.

I take at face value what he said about being in too much pain to play 100% at Wimbledon and that's good enough for me.

mandy01
10-13-2009, 12:04 AM
But then how can you argue with *******s who say that he had an injury if you're not sure whether and when he had it?
When did I argue? Did I say he didnt have an injury?Do you have comprehension problems?..I already said it was probably a recurring problem for him.His physical condition probably will always remain..the harm that is caused by it though can be prevented.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-13-2009, 12:21 AM
When did I argue? Did I say he didnt have an injury?Do you have comprehension problems?..I already said it was probably a recurring problem for him.His physical condition probably will always remain..the harm that is caused by it though can be prevented.

You did say he didn't have an injury, and you said on a daily basis. That's why I noticed in the first place.

But I understand if you say recurring condition. He's got tendinitis and he should not play too often so that he doesn't make it worse. Fair enough.

mandy01
10-13-2009, 12:23 AM
You did say he didn't have an injury, and you said on a daily basis. That's why I noticed in the first place.

But I understand if you say recurring condition. He's got tendinitis and he should not play too often so that he doesn't make it worse. Fair enough.
No I did not..please show me where I said it.Its pretty ridiculous of you to accuse me of something I havent done.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-13-2009, 12:27 AM
No I did not..please show me where I said it.Its pretty ridiculous of you to accuse me of something I havent done.

*searching username:mandy01 keywords:injured,injury,injures*

mandy01
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
*searching username:mandy01 keywords:injured,injury,injures*
You accuse me of saying Nadal didnt have an injury on a daily basis and you need to conduct a search? :lol:

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-13-2009, 12:36 AM
You accuse me of saying Nadal didnt have an injury on a daily basis and you need to conduct a search? :lol:

I'll come back. I just wanna see what Cilic does against Birdman.

drakulie
10-13-2009, 05:21 AM
You are looking at this the wrong way.

exactly, you're looking at it all wrong. What they are trying to say is Nadal**IS ONLY** injured when he loses.

Spider
10-13-2009, 05:28 AM
I think the thrashing at the hands of Soderling did have some effect with Nadal's performance for the rest of the year. I mean not many predicted someone man handling Nadal and exposing him on clay like that.

TheMusicLover
10-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Just one word: OVERPLAYING.
Like he does every year, the dimwit.

(Disclaimer: I am a fan, and want to see him around as long as possible. So I cringe when seeing him making the same mistake again-and-AGAIN. :()

TMF
10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
I think the thrashing at the hands of Soderling did have some effect with Nadal's performance for the rest of the year. I mean not many predicted someone man handling Nadal and exposing him on clay like that.

But some of his fans are ignorrant just think otherwise. All they want to believe is it's 100% injury, nothing else, as if losing to soderling had no effect on him. Sure, they can say that to Borg in 1981 SW19 and Roger's 2008 SW19. Had rafa defended his RG, he would be heading into the grass season with supreme confidence. The loss on his BEST surface destroyed his confidence and it takes times to recover.

P_Agony
10-13-2009, 07:16 AM
It was a fantastic day

I wouldn't say steamrolled. It was 4 tight sets, not an easy straight setter. However, I have to agree, Nadal losing to Soderling of all people in his best tourney was the turning point for Nadal. It all went downhill for him since then.

TMF
10-13-2009, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't say steamrolled. It was 4 tight sets, not an easy straight setter. However, I have to agree, Nadal losing to Soderling of all people in his best tourney was the turning point for Nadal. It all went downhill for him since then.

Had Nadal won the 4th set tie breaker, anything can happen in the 5th set. If it wasn't for Soderling in his half, Nadal would of made the final. For his fans to say he didn't play great is rediculous. Soderling beat him was no fluke b/c he destroyed everyone in his half draw. He must be doing something right.

Blinkism
10-13-2009, 08:03 AM
exactly, you're looking at it all wrong. What they are trying to say is Nadal**IS ONLY** injured when he loses.

Who is "they"? The voices in your head?

If you need help, we're all here for you, Drak.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

sureshs
10-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Who is "they"? The voices in your head?

If you need help, we're all here for you, Drak.

The first set is admitting you have a problem.

Dude too much tennis in your life that you have started saying set for step

Federer_pilon
10-13-2009, 08:06 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

Blinkism
10-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Dude too much tennis in your life that you have started saying set for step

Thanks for pointing out the unforced error, sureshs.

My "fault"!
:)

PrinceMoron
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Nadal was just scared of having to dance with one of the Williams sisters at the Wimbledon Champions Ball.

He snuck in last year well after midnght, but still had to dance. You wouldn't want to say to one of the Williams sisters that her feet were in the wrong place. I think he was very wise to give it a miss.

mike84
10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
soderling messed nadal's mental ability....I think nadal thought he was invincible at french kind of how federer always felt at wimblendon until he lost to nadal...

after that nadal got injured and now that he is recovered he is finding it hard to return back to top level when such good players have come up this year.

kOaMaster
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
of course his losses in madrid and RG when it turned out that nadal isn't unbeatable - especially not if he's physically not 100% fit.
I'm not sure how he's nowadays, but I think the fitness is alright again, mentally he's doing ok too. the hardcourt season has just never been his strongest part. the results are pretty good compared to the last or other previous years.

Stewy30
10-13-2009, 03:20 PM
The turning point for Nadal was due a combination of overplaying, a match up with a tall hard hitting player (Soderling) who took away his go to slam title, injuries, personal problems, and sitting out for an extended period of time.

That is a lot to deal with for one person, I don't think many people could come out of that scenario and make semis of two tournaments in their weakest court.

Nadal and Federer are the only two players right now I think who require more than one reason or factor to end up slumping or struggling. With all the others, all it seems to take is one factor.

I believe Nadal plays tons in the beginning of the year because he knows that is where he has the best chance to gain points, and perhaps his desire to remain number 1 convinced him to take that heavy workload despite his increasing pain in his knee.

I love both Federer and Nadal, which in an ideal world should save me from people in this board I am new to to bash me adn call me a Nad ****, but I highly doubt thats going to happen =)

Stewy30
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
In my opinion anyway.

TheMusicLover
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure how he's nowadays, but I think the fitness is alright again, mentally he's doing ok too. the hardcourt season has just never been his strongest part. the results are pretty good compared to the last or other previous years.

Indeed. I don't know what some folks were expecting from Nadal this year, that he'd win everything in sight? His Fall HC results so far have been decent, making at least semi-finals again. That's not bad at all for a player whose style will never be most fitting to HC surface.