PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Juniors

firstserve
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Who are some of the underrated juniors in the boys 16s division in socal?

firstserve
10-12-2009, 09:09 PM
where is socaldominates he hasnt posted in a while

SoCal10s
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
SoCal seeding list and the new points standings is so messed up.. there's no real answer... but I can say who is definitely over-rated .. the #1 JH ..he should never be there,he wins a small tournament where everyone defaulted and runs away and hide and doesn't play anymore 16s .. this is the prime reason why they changed to the new points per round system.. guys like this really **** me off when they just take advantage of something good and finds a way to abuse the system.. but that the competitive nature of SoCal JR tennis.. a lot of chicken ***** cowards who like to run and hide to save their high seedings or rankings .. now with the new PPR ,there's no where to run.. it just awards the guy who can play more tournaments ..

firstserve
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Dude i completely agree. I mean im ****ed about the national system because it costs a ton of money to get to the turneys but if socal swiches everything is close enough where u dont have to pend a lot of money to play the turneys and it will force the players who are pussies to come out and play but on the other hand there will be a lot of **** players who are ranked high just cuz their rich and can afford to rack up little points and spend gas and turney entree fees. So it is a double edged sword.Its true that JH is probably hiding but still to get to number one he still had to have good wins regardless.

firstserve
10-12-2009, 10:07 PM
sry i meant spend not pend

SoCal10s
10-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Its true that JH is probably hiding but still to get to number one he still had to have good wins regardless.

one good win over Ace M. ,this guy has never beat ,DM(ret. after a few points),JWang,SSimon,Reo,Alexio(lately),Marcos,Den nis N,and the list goes on..

firstserve
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
socal10s what are you ranked around?

SoCalDominates
10-13-2009, 06:22 PM
where is socaldominates he hasnt posted in a while

im here been a little busy with this thing called school and this sport called tennis. both are performing very good right now

GRANITECHIEF
10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice job at Dunlop, tough first round.

SoCal10s
10-14-2009, 11:12 AM

tennis is a tough gig,the finalist at Dunlop 18s beat the backdraw finalist in the first round and the winner of the back draw lost the tournament winner in the first round ..

GRANITECHIEF
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
tough gig, the truth you speak.

TnsMan2
10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
tough gig, the truth you speak.

hey hows the boy C A doing ?

SoCal10s
10-14-2009, 12:08 PM

OK brushing the cow web out of his head.. he'll be in action at the formerly JP tournament... looks like a good draw coming too,lots of better players showing up..

ClarkC
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
SoCal seeding list and the new points standings is so messed up.. there's no real answer... but I can say who is definitely over-rated .. the #1 JH ..he should never be there,he wins a small tournament where everyone defaulted and runs away and hide and doesn't play anymore 16s .. this is the prime reason why they changed to the new points per round system.. guys like this really **** me off when they just take advantage of something good and finds a way to abuse the system.. but that the competitive nature of SoCal JR tennis.. a lot of chicken ***** cowards who like to run and hide to save their high seedings or rankings .. now with the new PPR ,there's no where to run.. it just awards the guy who can play more tournaments ..

Looking up Jonathan Huang's record, I cannot find where he won a small tournament where everyone defaulted, then stopped playing 16s. It looks like he had some good wins in 16s and then moved up to 18s. Can you be more specific? Which tournament did everyone default in?

SoCal10s
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Looking up Jonathan Huang's record, I cannot find where he won a small tournament where everyone defaulted, then stopped playing 16s. It looks like he had some good wins in 16s and then moved up to 18s. Can you be more specific? Which tournament did everyone default in?

my mistake, I thought he won the gene jung tournament.. at the Gene Jung a lot of players entered and defaulted from the main draw..

GRANITECHIEF
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM

A good highlight was winning west coast b14's (lvl 3 nats, like no quit) a couple months back. Bit of a rough patch in tourneys as of late, like getting moon balled to death by garrett at no quit. Intro to nats 16's at dunlop didn't go well, 0-2. But he's still hungry and aiming high. pushing D1's, open tourneys, etc.

Unfortunately i cant retire yet because he hasn't signed any sweet pieces of paper. Thats impressive.

TnsMan2
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
A good highlight was winning west coast b14's (lvl 3 nats, like no quit) a couple months back. Bit of a rough patch in tourneys as of late, like getting moon balled to death by garrett at no quit. Intro to nats 16's at dunlop didn't go well, 0-2. But he's still hungry and aiming high. pushing D1's, open tourneys, etc.

Unfortunately i cant retire yet because he hasn't signed any sweet pieces of paper. Thats impressive.

no ones retiring yet lol were laying now 20 days on the couch sick heading back in for more bloodwork today . but hope Col continues to do well so sorry for the garret experience lol

tell him we said hi

GRANITECHIEF
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
OK brushing the cow web out of his head.. he'll be in action at the formerly JP tournament... looks like a good draw coming too,lots of better players showing up..

I believe player tnsman2 is referring to will be playing the Mops at Sonoma State that weekend.

GRANITECHIEF
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
no ones retiring yet lol were laying now 20 days on the couch sick heading back in for more bloodwork today . but hope Col continues to do well so sorry for the garret experience lol

tell him we said hi

Will do. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

SoCalDominates
10-14-2009, 06:45 PM

thanks. ya it was tough. Those 10 point tiebreakers are iffy. I don't like them too much. Been playing well though. Northridge was solid though