PDA

View Full Version : 2hbh video

baris_NY
10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

Since I'm still developing my groundstroke technique I decided to learn 2hbh as well and give it a shot (see video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygz1HE_BycM

I basically tried to learn the proper technique by watching FYB videos but still I need some input on how to correct certain things. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks..

Nellie
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
On both sides, do not stop the racquet in front of you - you are decelerating through the contact - instead hit through and forward, with a following through around your body.

LeeD
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Your backhand looks better than your forehand, as you step in, you keep feet planted, you turn sideways, and you keep your head level. Good.
Now you gotta get that inconsistent forehand up to snuff.

smoothtennis
10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Let those hips and shoulders loose! You are locking your body right after contact - let the hips and shoulders follow the ball, and keep loose through a full follow through. You will like the results!

edberg505
10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
On both sides, do not stop the racquet in front of you - you are decelerating through the contact - instead hit through and forward, with a following through around your body.

Correctomundo!!!!

baris_NY
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Normally I use a full follow through with fast swing speed with my forehands but in this wall practice I didn't even try to hit forehands, just wanted to raise the ball high enough so that it bounces up to waist level to test the 2hbh... maybe we can leave the forehand side out of discussion for now

BullDogTennis
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
it looks like your trying to guide the ball, instead of hitting through it!

LeeD
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Best thing is the back leg kneebend on those backhands.