PDA

View Full Version : Serena may not be allowed to Play AO because she posed nude!

babbette
10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/10/07/serena-goes-nude-for-espn-may-not-be-allowed-to-play-australian-open-35272/

:roll: :roll:

IvanAndreevich
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
She's clearly wearing underwear in that photo, and you can't even see her nipples. I call this fully dressed.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/10/07/serena-goes-nude-for-espn-may-not-be-allowed-to-play-australian-open-35272/

Ridiculous, i saw a documentary about Australia that said prostitution was legal, shouldnt a woman be allowed to pose nude ?

heycal
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
There's nothing in that story that supports the headline.

woodrow1029
10-13-2009, 02:29 PM
First of all, Tarango's walking off court was not due to a line call. It was mainly because of the code violations that he got for telling a spectator to shut up, and for calling the umpire corrupt.

Secondly, it is not believed that the line umpire said Serena threatened to kill her. In the interviews, it was made clear that Serena misheard what was said, and that it was not I will kill you.

If she is banned, it would be because of the US Open incident. This is a poorly written article.

Ledigs
10-13-2009, 02:32 PM
She's clearly wearing underwear in that photo, and you can't even see her nipples. I call this fully dressed.

hahaha :razz::razz:

cork_screw
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
NO! This is not because of the nude thing. The sports writers needed something extra and new to attach to what they currently have. It's maybe 98% linesman incident and 2% misc.
There was a someone who posed nude for playboy and she did not receive any penalties, nor are there any in the rule of conduct of suspension. There is no rule for that.
How about this, let's ban that linesman and all other crappy linesman from the game. I saw many, many bad - obvious calls in/out at this year's USO on both the big courts and the outside smaller courts. For those who were watching on TV, I went there in person and witnessed many bad calls that needed to be overturned by the umpire because there was no shot spot device in place for those smaller courts. These people aren't trained professionals like the umpires are who actually tour to specific events, instead they are locals from that region who sign up like if you were signing up for a PTA gathering. You could be working at a grocery store and need the extra money and sign up and they would probably take you. That is pathetic. I know because a few of my friends have done it and I would not trust their calls! These people need to be trained and then filtered on a regular basis and they need to be listed based on their creds from previous experiences good and bad should on a background report. It might be harder to get passed the ball boy filtering process than it is to be a linesman.

woodrow1029
10-13-2009, 03:01 PM
NO! This is not because of the nude thing. The sports writers needed something extra and new to attach to what they currently have. It's maybe 98% linesman incident and 2% misc.
There was a someone who posed nude for playboy and she did not receive any penalties, nor are there any in the rule of conduct of suspension. There is no rule for that.
How about this, let's ban that linesman and all other crappy linesman from the game. I saw many, many bad - obvious calls in/out at this year's USO on both the big courts and the outside smaller courts. For those who were watching on TV, I went there in person and witnessed many bad calls that needed to be overturned by the umpire because there was no shot spot device in place for those smaller courts. These people aren't trained professionals like the umpires are who actually tour to specific events, instead they are locals from that region who sign up like if you were signing up for a PTA gathering. You could be working at a grocery store and need the extra money and sign up and they would probably take you. That is pathetic. I know because a few of my friends have done it and I would not trust their calls! These people need to be trained and then filtered on a regular basis and they need to be listed based on their creds from previous experiences good and bad should on a background report. It might be harder to get passed the ball boy filtering process than it is to be a linesman.

With all due respect, you are wrong.

kOaMaster
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Yea sure!

I will believe it when I see it.

GS
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
If Tarango got fined $63,000 and then got banned from 2 Slams for just yelling at the crowd and then walking off a court, then Serena needs to be fined more than $10,500, and be banned from 2 Slams as well, whether she keeps her booty body dressed or undressed. If you watch the replay on her tirade, you can easily see what she said---"If I could, I would take this ****ing ball, shove it down your ****ing throat and ****ing kill you!!"
Oh, but the troubled WTA tour needs to sell tickets, right? So the powers-that-be will obviously leave her alone. Hey, it's been over 2 months already, right?
(Earlier this year, I liked when Serena said she was the true #1, then lost in the first round to a nobody. Then recently, she was finally crowned #1 again, then lost in an early round. Keep it up, sister!)

BajeDuane
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I also agree that this does not have to do with posing nude. She is not the first tennis player to pose nude.

http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=73&num=149390

http://bumpshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ashley_harklewood_pb.jpg

I am more willing to believe it has to do with her unacceptable behavior at the US Open. That I can definitely understand.

Tony48
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL...yeah right. It ain't because of a magazine.

TheRebelofPrince
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
not meaning to get off topic here, but she is sexy :P

Annika
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Go away troll! :mad:

nfor304
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Ridiculous, i saw a documentary about Australia that said prostitution was legal, shouldnt a woman be allowed to pose nude ?

Only in certain states is thatt legal

Karlovic's Sunglasses
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
This topic is absolutely hilarious. I mean, how could she fit on the magazine cover, jeez

pound cat
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
That is not nude. and so what if she was? Was Ashley Harkeroad banned fom tournaments because she posed in Playboy??? BO

Besides, the WTA or ITF would not dare to ban Serena from Slams ...she would scream racial discrimination...the example above would be enough to support her case.

And she did a mea culpa with regard to the foot fault incident.

pound cat
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
She is not nude...and the Wta ITf would not dare to ban Serena from any tournament. Ashley Harkelroad wasn.t banned posing in Playboy. That incident would be enough reason for Serena to shout racial discrimination.

And Serena has said mea culpa re: the foot fault thing.

And how stupid would the execs look if they persecuted the current #1.

It ain't gonna happen, no how.

flyinghippos101
10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
+1, too late to do anything now. The ITF had their chance to ban Williams, but they let her slide, just so that they could squeeze some tickets out of her.

Claudius
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Devastating blow to ESPN.

lawrence
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
They wouldn't have had a problem if it was Sharapova or Kirilenko

LOL

jackson vile
10-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't like Serena at all but this is total BS, the WTA has its priorities all messed up.

ronalditop
10-13-2009, 05:45 PM
If this is indeed true and SW is not allowed to play, she and her family are going to play the race card for sure.

flyinghippos101
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
She is definitely not nude and she should have stuck her racquet up that lines woman's ***. That was the worst call I have ever seen and in my opinion that lines woman should be banned from ever working another tournament.

The powers that be should be kissing Serenas *** and hoping she shows up because she is the biggest draw in woman's tennis.

argh, theres a whole 4000 post thread devoted to the "qualifications" of the lineswoman and how it's apparently unethical to make a call of break point.... I agree however, she obviously isn't nude and out of all reasons to ban Serena, why would they use this? When instead they could just use the very legitimate US Open tirade as grounds for suspension? The WTA is messed, on and off the court.

ubermeyer
10-13-2009, 06:05 PM
she deserves it because

1. her infamous outburst
2. only freaks pose nude

Topaz
10-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't like Serena at all but this is total BS, the WTA has its priorities all messed up.

The WTA is messed, on and off the court.

WTA??? The ITF (International Tennis Federation) is the one investigating the incident, as it is the organization that runs the Grand Slams.

8PAQ
10-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh the poor photographer! He had to see her naked before all the airbrushing and thinning lenses and other such devices kicked in. I hope they pay really well that poor soul :(

Mick
10-13-2009, 06:11 PM
this news story seems bogus to me. because i don't see it at the other tennis sites. and if true this is a big story.

ronalditop
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh the poor photographer! He had to see her naked before all the airbrushing and thinning lenses and other such devices kicked in. I hope they pay really well that poor soul :(

haha :)

crazylevity
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Haha maybe they're penalizing her for damaging people's eyes by posing nude. :p

Kegzz
10-13-2009, 11:42 PM
And Ashley Harkleroad will be 2010 Australian Open champion:roll:

heycal
10-13-2009, 11:46 PM
argh, theres a whole 4000 post thread devoted to the "qualifications" of the lineswoman and how it's apparently unethical to make a call of break point.

Do you have a link, or can you explain this 'unethical' claim?

vive le beau jeu !
10-14-2009, 12:53 AM

"(...) Serena Williams could be stripped of her right to play (...)" :rolleyes:
what a joke !

and about the US open incident, sure it was very ugly, certainly deserved a nice fine... but being banned only for that single incident ? i think people are overreacting a bit...

Joe Pike
10-14-2009, 01:19 AM

BS. The article doesn't say that.
And even if she had posed full-frontal nude she would not be banned at the AO for that. Get real!

Joe Pike
10-14-2009, 01:21 AM
She is definitely not nude and she should have stuck her racquet up that lines woman's ***. That was the worst call I have ever seen and in my opinion that lines woman should be banned from ever working another tournament.

The powers that be should be kissing Serenas *** and hoping she shows up because she is the biggest draw in woman's tennis.

That would be Sharapova.

Joe Pike
10-14-2009, 01:23 AM

You don't know what you are talking about.

dannykl
10-14-2009, 04:47 AM
If this is indeed true and SW is not allowed to play, she and her family are going to play the race card for sure.

And gender card as well.
Some feminist scholars and journalists already contend that Serena is targeted because of her gender and race, similar criticisms wouldn't be made if she were a white male player. What a nonsense argument!

She abused and threatened lineperson on court, the behaviour is totally unacceptable. She should be punished.

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-14-2009, 07:05 AM
this news story seems bogus to me. because i don't see it at the other tennis sites. and if true this is a big story.

Yes, where are the other links of new sources--all would have been all over this story if true.

Cyan
10-14-2009, 07:07 AM

LMAO. ..........................

drakulie
10-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Rather than ban her, they should make her play nude.

woodrow1029
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM
You don't know what you are talking about.
I told him that too. doesn't seem to stop him from spewing nonsense.

sureshs
10-14-2009, 08:03 AM

Problem is, she will agree.

vandre
10-14-2009, 08:39 AM

now who does that punish the most, drak? :oops:

lol

heycal
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM

lol

Not quite understanding the Serena-appearance bashing. Not only does one have little control over how they look, but Serena, while not model-hot, ain't a bad looking woman overall.

Joe Pike
10-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Not quite understanding the Serena-appearance bashing. Not only does one have little control over how they look, but Serena, while not model-hot, ain't a bad looking woman overall.

People bash Serena because she could lose some pounds if she only wanted. A lot of pounds. She could be a rather good-looking woman!

Adi-das
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Babbette's a funny poster.

heycal
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
People bash Serena because she could lose some pounds if she only wanted. A lot of pounds. She could be a rather good-looking woman!

Yes, there have been times in her life where she perhaps weighed more than is ideal, but we are hardly talking about Bloatina, the circus fat lady.

rommil
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM

lol

The court surface the most, as always.

Cyan
10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
If it was Ivanovic that posed nude, she wouldn't be banned from the AO :)

TensProfes
10-14-2009, 10:21 AM
These people (linesmen) aren't trained professionals like the umpires are who actually tour to specific events, instead they are locals from that region who sign up like if you were signing up for a PTA gathering. You could be working at a grocery store and need the extra money and sign up and they would probably take you. That is pathetic. I know because a few of my friends have done it and I would not trust their calls!

It might be harder to get passed the ball boy filtering process than it is to be a linesman.

Not sure where you get your info, but this hasn't been true at the top tour level for YEARS. You're just plain wrong.

TensProfes
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, did NO ONE on this thread actually read the link that the OP provided? Before you get all riled up, read the actual article. Nowhere does it say that she may not be allowed to play because of the nude pics. Two separate issues. Her potential ban from the tourney (which won't happen, BTW) is due to the outburst. The nude mention is just to get people to read the article, and is never related to her ban at all. They just picked up two separate press releases and tied them into one story, albeing with an intentionally misleading headline. No new info in the article. Neither the ITF nor the Aussie Open give a crap about the pictures, so calm down.

vandre
10-14-2009, 10:29 AM

did not even see that one coming!!!!

well done, sir! :twisted:

heycal
10-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, did NO ONE on this thread actually read the link that the OP provided?

Haven't you read the thread? Several of us pointed this out already.

woodrow1029
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Not sure where you get your info, but this hasn't been true at the top tour level for YEARS. You're just plain wrong.
In the US, this hasn't even been true at the challengers and futures level for years.

Gemini
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM

I'm pretty sure that what you're calling underwear is just a shadow. And nude is generally defined as being without any clothing. I don't see any clothing in that photo. She's nude.

crazylevity
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM

did not even see that one coming!!!!

well done, sir! :twisted:

:mrgreen: +1. Spilt my very good coffee, but well worth it.

jonnythan
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that what you're calling underwear is just a shadow. And nude is generally defined as being without any clothing. I don't see any clothing in that photo. She's nude.

No, the super-high-res version was posted somewhere on the site and it was obviously undewear.

longst
10-14-2009, 03:50 PM

The card can't be played unless someone else plays it first.

longst
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM

hahaahaha it would be her vs Ashely Harkleroad!!

pound cat
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Remember this? Or were some of you too young to remember Myskina, a Slam winner, Dhe wasn't banned, criticized, or even scolded. Too much PC these days,,,ridiculous.

Enjoy the beauty of the human body. And if you don't like it, don't look BUT don't criticize.

Nobody thought anything of this series of nude and semi nude pics taken of various WTA players...search Google images for other pics.

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/112406.jpg

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/16/largercover.jpg

LEAVE SERENA ALONE

TensProfes
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Haven't you read the thread? Several of us pointed this out already.

Yeah, I know. I was generalizing because the majority seemed to have ignored you and the few others who did.

rommil
10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=pound cat;4026781]Remember this? Or were some of you too young to remember Myskina,

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/112406.jpg

Serena should never do what Myskina did. It would be wickedly cruel to the horse. Not only will the horse need knee replacements after Serena does her pictorial, the horse will demand to be power washed.

woodrow1029
10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought I would just post the actual rule out of the 2009 ITF Grand Slam Rulebook so that it is clear exactly what the limitations of possible further action are:

ARTICLE V: PLAYER MAJOR OFFENCES
A. AGGRAVATED BEHAVIOUR
No player or Related Person at any Grand Slam shall engage in “Aggravated
Behaviour” which is defined as follows:

One or more incidents of behaviour designated in this Code as constituting
“Aggravated Behaviour”.

One incident of behaviour that is flagrant and particularly injurious to the
success of a Grand Slam, or is singularly egregious.

A series of two (2) or more violations of this Code within a twelve (12)
month period which singularly do not constitute “Aggravated Behaviour”, but
when viewed together establish a pattern of conduct that is collectively
egregious and is detrimental or injurious to the Grand Slams.
Violation of this Section by a player, directly or indirectly through a Related Person
or others, shall subject a player to a fine of up to $250,000 or the amount of prize
money won at the tournament, whichever is greater, and a maximum penalty of
permanent suspension from play in all Grand Slams and/or the Tennis Masters Cup.
Violation of this Section shall subject a Related Person to a maximum penalty of
permanent revocation of accreditation and denial of access to all Grand Slams.

srinrajesh
10-15-2009, 01:05 PM
well it would send the right signal if they do ban her for 2 GS next year.. becos of the USO incident

paulfreda
10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
If Tarango got fined $63,000 and then got banned from 2 Slams for just yelling at the crowd and then walking off a court, then Serena needs to be fined more than $10,500, and be banned from 2 Slams as well, whether she keeps her booty body dressed or undressed. If you watch the replay on her tirade, you can easily see what she said---"If I could, I would take this ****ing ball, shove it down your ****ing throat and ****ing kill you!!"
Oh, but the troubled WTA tour needs to sell tickets, right? So the powers-that-be will obviously leave her alone. Hey, it's been over 2 months already, right?

Serena commited a felony assault with a deadly weapon and she should have been convicted [if the linelady pressed charges] and then been given a suspended sentence. Then the WTA should have levied a punishment larger than what Tarango faced.

If the WTA fails to act, it will be a disgrace to them and the sport.

jonnythan
10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Serena commited a felony assault with a deadly weapon

LOL

Give me a break! She committed at most simple assault. Not felony assault, not assault with a deadly.

Hypatia
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Remember this? Or were some of you too young to remember Myskina, a Slam winner, Dhe wasn't banned, criticized, or even scolded. Too much PC these days,,,ridiculous.

Enjoy the beauty of the human body. And if you don't like it, don't look BUT don't criticize.

Why not?

I don’t care one way or another, myself, apart from wishing that accomplished young women didn’t feel the need to do this sort of thing, but I see no reason why people shouldn’t express their opinions freely about it. If Williams wants to take her clothes off for public appraisal, people can cheer, scold, point and laugh – whatever. It was her decision.

AndrewD
10-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Aww, you've spoiled the fun. I was just counting up how many comments would be made by people who obviously hadn't read the story.

Honestly, why would anyone post a response to a thread if they haven't read the article it refers to?

heycal
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Aww, you've spoiled the fun. I was just counting up how many comments would be made by people who obviously hadn't read the story.

Honestly, why would anyone post a response to a thread if they haven't read the article it refers to?

I can understand not reading the article, since I myself don't love clicking on every link posted here and reading everything found there. I guess people just trusted the OP's headline and went off that. What I find harder to understand is not reading the several posts that pointed out that the OP was false.