PDA

View Full Version : Take away Nadal's "rocket launcher" racquets and he's an average player

Inner Game
10-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Hitting bullet passing shots from 15 feet behind the baseline....so many clean winners....Why? Skill.....nope its the racquets and poly strings.....

Nadal just has learned to embrace technology more than Federer.....

take away Nadals racquet and he's just another pusher from Spain.....he wouldn't even make the top 20

They banned the spaghetti racquet.....they should do the same now....If players used the spaghetti racquets today they would get crushed from today's technology...

drakulie
10-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Ummmm, no.

JennyS
10-14-2009, 06:33 AM
It would be interesting to see how Nadal would play with Federer's racquet (and vice versa).

darthpwner
10-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Didnt you already make this thread like a year ago.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Hitting bullet passing shots from 15 feet behind the baseline....so many clean winners....Why? Skill.....nope its the racquets and poly strings.....

take away Nadals racquet and he's just another pusher from Spain.....he wouldn't even make the top 20

They banned the spaghetti racquet.....they should do the same now....If players used the spaghetti racquets today they would get crushed from today's technology...
I agree with some of these things, and disagrees with others, i have tried out the rackets he is "said" to be using with poly strings strung at about 56-58 Ibs, if you dont have insane spin on the ball you are totally screwed! Its a sledge-hammer

JRstriker12
10-14-2009, 06:39 AM

Take away the other dude's racket, give him wood and I would like to see them actually hit a winner against Nadal - not going to happen very often.

Consistent baseliners aren't anything new (Borg, Connors, etc...), playing with westren grips and spin isn't anything new - Nadal would still be tops.

jmverdugo
10-14-2009, 06:47 AM
... then by the same logic (or Ilogic) any average player with the same racquet and string set up should playing equally good, right? ... no I do not think so.

lawrence
10-14-2009, 06:50 AM
I'd like to see Nadal play with spaghetti strings.

On clay.

wyutani
10-14-2009, 06:51 AM
wot? even legends w/o racquets cant play tennis. O_0

Kemitak
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Inner Game;4025240]Hitting bullet passing shots from 15 feet behind the baseline....so many clean winners....Why? Skill.....nope its the racquets and poly strings.....

take away Nadals racquet and he's just another pusher from Spain.....he wouldn't even make the top 20 [QUOTE]

That's not quite fair. He'd at least be the best pusher from Spain.:)

SFrazeur
10-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Question: Are you as good or better than Nadal?

-SF

Loco4Tennis
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
... then by the same logic (or Ilogic) any average player with the same racquet and string set up should playing equally good, right? ... no I do not think so.

i like this answer the best, and agree 100%
its not the racquet entirely but rather the player that has the game
i do agree that the racquet and equipment does aid the player to his playing style, but by no means would it make him considerably less of a player with less equipment
you could take it to extremes and then you should see some degredation of his game, but thats extremes, and if all the players when to that extreme, there you would find nadal again, with the same game he has been known for

JoshDragon
10-14-2009, 12:02 PM

You are out of your mind if you think that Nadal is only a top level player because of the technology.

No reason to argue with an insane person.

viduka0101
10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
http://images.dr3vil.com/files2/default/best_thread_ever.jpg

Morrissey
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Where the HELL are the mods to erase this garbage? You guys busy doing something else?

robbie_mx
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/NMZTSH-GY-2.JPG

robbie_mx
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
It's not the racket and String , he get his power from the bandana...

SourStraws
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Like 25% of my graduating class...You FAIL

S.S.

Morrissey
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Agassi used a 107 square inch frame during the 90's. Your point?

egn
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Let me guess Nadal is also on steroids OP?

Get real. Nadal has a ton of talent and I would love to see you to try to use his racket as someone earlier said unless your game is suited for it you are screwed.

LuckyR
10-14-2009, 01:29 PM

USPTA Pro eh? Who would pay for advice from this source of information?

35ft6
10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Everybody uses the racket of their choosing. Rackets aren't an advantage.

SystemicAnomaly
10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
You're a funny guy, Inner Game.

akv89
10-14-2009, 02:21 PM
The OP is right. Nadal is not very good if he can't use his racquet. Then again, it's kinda hard to play tennis without a racquet :p

Bud
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM

S.S.

If they were part of the graduating class they can't have failed :oops:

ubermeyer
10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
what is a spaghetti racquet

HAL9001
10-14-2009, 03:19 PM
what is a spaghetti racquet

I hope you dont mind if i assume that your question is not sarcastic but it was a stringing system developed in the early 80s that had 2 layers of string producing impossible amounts of spin. It was soon banned after several very mediocre players using this technology started to destroy vastly more talented players .

HAL9001
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I apologise. It was introduced in the late 70s

roundiesee
10-14-2009, 04:02 PM
It may seem like the racket is doing all the work when you watch Nadal especially on TV, but Nadal is truly a great player and will play well with any racket. Nadal is not a pusher at all; he just waits for the opportunity to be aggressive from the backcourt.

Conquistador
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Listen Here is basic racquet terminolgy

1. The bigger the headsize the more power.

2. The smaller the headsize the more kontrol.

Nadal found out that he can find the medium between 90 square inches and 110 square inches and the perfect headzie for adequate power and kontrol is 100 sq inches.

Nadal is smart--he realizes that he can get the best of both worlds without the sacrifice.

dincuss
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Poly string give more control, and he uses a stiff and thick string, which even more add to the control.

Noveson
10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Ummmm, no.

Ohh my...You're dissing Nadal and drak is disagreeing with you:oops:, so sad.

I'm not even going to dignify this by listing the pros who use 100 sq in racquets or bigger.

ubermeyer
10-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I hope you dont mind if i assume that your question is not sarcastic but it was a stringing system developed in the early 80s that had 2 layers of string producing impossible amounts of spin. It was soon banned after several very mediocre players using this technology started to destroy vastly more talented players .

no it wasn't sarcastic

is it still banned?

8pNADAL
10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
take away nadals muscle and he'd be federer

JeMar
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Federer uses poly.

tikkimonkey
10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Listen Here is basic racquet terminolgy

1. The bigger the headsize the more power.

2. The smaller the headsize the more kontrol.

Nadal found out that he can find the medium between 90 square inches and 110 square inches and the perfect headzie for adequate power and kontrol is 100 sq inches.

Nadal is smart--he realizes that he can get the best of both worlds without the sacrifice.

You, sir, have been on the Wilson site for too long.

HAL9001
10-15-2009, 12:09 AM
no it wasn't sarcastic

is it still banned?

Rules now dictate that strings must consist of a single flat surface

crawl4
10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
lol
OP has know idea. Why don't other players use this holy racquet which makes you improve more then hard work ever would

BreakPoint
10-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I'd like to see Nadal play with spaghetti strings.

On clay.
I'd like to see Nadal play right-handed with a wood racquet and nylon strings.

Against Federer.

On a hardcourt.

:)

Inner Game
10-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Yes Nadal has a lot of talent....but the racquet helps him more then the average pro......
Face it Nadal's got awesome ground strokes....and I think is volleys are actually better then Fed's...but his serve is so substandard for a pro...Yah Yah Yah we know he's a natural righty...
There are 50 players you could say the same about....there's really only a point or 2 difference at critical times that really make the difference.

I do give Nadal credit for figuring out how to use technology to his advantage....the guys that are playing with 15 year old frames are just to stubborn...hence advantage Nadal....

Also Nadal uses so much gamesmanship it makes me sick....he gets behind then he starts stalling....so sad...Nadal might not be #1 again...but he's been the #1 Whiner for at least 3 years running

Inner Game
10-15-2009, 05:42 AM
lol
OP has know idea. Why don't other players use this holy racquet which makes you improve more then hard work ever would

Know idea? what do you mean by that?

Moz
10-15-2009, 05:52 AM

Blade0324
10-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Yes Nadal has a lot of talent....but the racquet helps him more then the average pro......
Face it Nadal's got awesome ground strokes....and I think is volleys are actually better then Fed's...but his serve is so substandard for a pro...Yah Yah Yah we know he's a natural righty...
There are 50 players you could say the same about....there's really only a point or 2 difference at critical times that really make the difference.

I do give Nadal credit for figuring out how to use technology to his advantage....the guys that are playing with 15 year old frames are just to stubborn...hence advantage Nadal....

Also Nadal uses so much gamesmanship it makes me sick....he gets behind then he starts stalling....so sad...Nadal might not be #1 again...but he's been the #1 Whiner for at least 3 years running

You could not be more of a tool!!!!
Just keep your head firmly planted up your ***** and you can have your own little dilusions.

JRstriker12
10-15-2009, 06:53 AM

How does that racket help he more than any other pro???? Pure BS.

If the APD was some super racket, you would see every pro switch, but that's not the case. Nadal is the only player in the top 10 to use that stick. Racket tech is over-rated from "speed ports" to Youtek, to K-factor. I would hardly say the APD is a very advanced racket - besides the design of the throat and the grommets, there's really not much "tech" involved.

Nice attempt to try and change the subject from your original stupid post.

robbie_mx
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM

If the APD was some super racket, you would see every pro switch, but that's not the case. Nadal is the only player in the top 10 to use that stick. Racket tech is over-rated from "speed ports" to Youtek, to K-factor. I would hardly say the APD is a very advanced racket - besides the design of the throat and the grommets, there's really not much "tech" involved.

Nadal is the only one in top 100 that use this racket... weird :shock:
Also Caroline Wozniacki is the only high ranked in WTA that use the racket

MakeSenseNotBabies
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM

S.S.

you should move to a new neighborhood.

MakeSenseNotBabies
10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
racket technology and string technology are marginal. there have been fundamental improvements (wood to graphite) that have noticeable impact. however, after that, the technology's impact is minimal. mcenroe just wants to diminish what greater players have accomplished by constantly saying "poly strings' and "racket technology."

strings have little impact, if any.

JoelDali
10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
http://images.dr3vil.com/files2/default/best_thread_ever.jpg

LOL

10 karackters.

JoshDragon
10-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Then you're going to hate tennis for the next few years because Nadal's not going anywhere, in fact it's very possible that he could regain his #1 ranking, especially if Murray and Del Potro don't win a major next year.

SirGounder
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Everybody has a choice of what equipment to use. I'd assume that players with minimal logic can figure out what racquet and string combo is best for them and their style. I played with the APDC for a year and trust me, it was great but not a superstick.

Was Michael Jordan great because he had better shoes?

Mick
10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
this would make a great advertisement for babolat:
nadal is just an average player but he became a 6-time grand slam winner by using a babolat racquet :shock:

JRstriker12
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
this would make a great advertisement for babolat:
nadal is just an average player but he became a 6-time grand slam winner by using a babolat racquet :shock:

LOL!!!!! ISn't that was they want you to believe?

BTW - Nadal obviously doesn't like his racket very much, as he attacks it with his teeth in the more recent Babolat ads.... ;)

Conquistador
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL!!!!! ISn't that was they want you to believe?

BTW - Nadal obviously doesn't like his racket very much, as he attacks it with his teeth in the more recent Babolat ads.... ;)

Nadal is actually very informed about newer racquet technology. He knows the principles and how racquets perform under the newest technology.
Here is Nadal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmIIjAsLovQ

luishcorreia
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Be fair....Come on!!! The guy won 6 grand slams! Was it all the racquet? He won 5 against Federer (3 Roland Garros, 1 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open).

~ZoSo~
10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Hitting bullet passing shots from 15 feet behind the baseline....so many clean winners....Why? Skill.....nope its the gold manbag.....

Fed just has learned to embrace fashion more than nadal.....

take away feds gold bag and he's just another aggressive baseliner from switzerland.....he wouldn't even make the top 20

They banned the spaghetti racquet.....they should do the same now....If players used the spaghetti racquets today they would get crushed from today's fashion...

SuperFly
10-15-2009, 06:11 PM

So you want us to go back to caveman tennis using woodies and playing in long pants and sweater vests. Ok then....

doom
10-15-2009, 06:21 PM
weird how no other top 10 players have caught on to using this 'miracle racquet'.

If its so powerful you would think players like davydenko and simon would be using them too

Conquistador
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
weird how no other top 10 players have caught on to using this 'miracle racquet'.

If its so powerful you would think players like davydenko and simon would be using them too

Davydenko also uses a 100 sq inch frame. Simon a 98.
It seems like the common trend in modern play is 98-100..There you find the perfect balance of power and kontrol.

OMGOAT
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Just admit it TS, you work for Babolat. But we don't need your advertisements here

Ventolin
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Davydenko also uses a 100 sq inch frame. Simon a 98.
It seems like the common trend in modern play is 98-100..There you find the perfect balance of power and kontrol.

the racquets Davydenko and Simon use aren't really similar to the APDC though in terms of how they play though. Theyre much more control focused than the babolat, but yeah they are bigger frames

Jonny S&V
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
There you find the perfect balance of power and kontrol.

You should change your user name to "Konquistador." :)

Toxicmilk
10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Hitting bullet passing shots from 15 feet behind the baseline....so many clean winners....Why? Skill.....nope its the gold manbag.....

take away feds gold bag and he's just another aggressive baseliner from switzerland.....he wouldn't even make the top 20

They banned the spaghetti racquet.....they should do the same now....If players used the spaghetti racquets today they would get crushed from today's fashion...

+1 Best post in thread.

Aces09
10-15-2009, 07:51 PM
ummm.....Lopez? Ferrer? Almagro? Just off the top of my head...they all use similar racquets that rafa uses (wide beams, light weight, 95-100 sq inch head) Why aren't they in the top 10 if they use modern racquets with wide beams? Technology doesn't guarantee success, talent is a huge massive part of it

VivalaVida
10-15-2009, 07:59 PM

lolz! Good one, sir. :lol:

Inner Game
10-16-2009, 04:22 AM

It's the truth...we are all sick of his butting picking and watching him try and shove that energy bar thing into his mouth... he does it every match into his gopher cheeks...and the trophy biting...how juvenile...next thing you know he'll be doing the Bryan Bump with Uncle Tony.....

namelessone
10-16-2009, 04:53 AM
It's the truth...we are all sick of his butting picking and watching him try and shove that energy bar thing into his mouth... he does it every match into his gopher cheeks...and the trophy biting...how juvenile...next thing you know he'll be doing the Bryan Bump with Uncle Tony.....

Don't watch his matches.It's as simple as that,hater.

jmverdugo
10-16-2009, 05:08 AM

Now you are HJ your own thread, that is nice ... regardless all his antics Nadal is a funny player to watch, well ... not so much when he is beating your favorite player, but usually his matchs are really good to watch.

On to topic. I went to a Challenger a couple of weeks ago in Quito, just to the finals, on the doubles finals one team had, both of them!, PDR and the other team, again both of them, APDC. Then on the single final one guy was hitting with the APDC and the other one with the PDR. So it is safe to say that in the Medium ATP level a lot of players use this super-racquet, why arent they on the topt 10? or even top 100?

PimpMyGame
10-16-2009, 05:30 AM

I guess this post is the real raison d'etre for your ridiculous thread. You show absolutely no understanding of people, culture or what is going on in the real world around you. Now shut up.

Conquistador
10-16-2009, 05:32 AM
I guess this post is the real raison d'etre for your ridiculous thread. You show absolutely no understanding of people, culture or what is going on in the real world around you. Now shut up.

What a great beer from Dogfish Head. I enjoyed it.

Inner Game
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Last time a checked butt picking, trophy biting weren't part of any culture I know...
Be sensative and PC....just be a sheepeople Pimp......never rock the boat....just be led like a lamb to slaughter...
I'm out......

Slice_Serve
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Do you even know what you're talking about? That racquet is not nearly as powerful as some of the other ones, including all the spin he uses. His strings are unbelievably solid and powerless.

Oh, not to mention he has a 4 1/4 grip size.

Baikalic
10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Last time a checked butt picking, trophy biting weren't part of any culture I know...
Be sensative and PC....just be a sheepeople Pimp......never rock the boat....just be led like a lamb to slaughter...
I'm out......

Yes because the culture you know is the same one this guy is from
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-may/oreilly.jpg

Out you are.

Inner Game
10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Do you even know what you're talking about? That racquet is not nearly as powerful as some of the other ones, including all the spin he uses. His strings are unbelievably solid and powerless.

Oh, not to mention he has a 4 1/4 grip size.

Hmmm...do you I know anything about racquets? I think more then you..... Nadals racquet has a lot of power and spin without being weighted with lead. Nadal loads his racquet with a lot of lead because he's got awesome swing speed and he can handle the extra weight of the frame.....that racquet becomes a baseball bat and Nadal is one of the few who can control that much power......and as far as grips are concerned...grips sizes 15 years ago were a lot bigger....the smaller grip size makes for easier spin and less arm problems from twisting racquets....

You forgot to talk about that racquets string pattern which allows for more spin....

I'm not impressed with your racquet knowledge....

Inner Game
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Yes because the culture you know is the same one this guy is from
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-may/oreilly.jpg

Out you are.

I love Bill O'Reilly......but I like Michael Savage better....:)

Falloutjr
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
I would like to see tennis players use strings made of string...THEN we'd see who really had skill :)

TensProfes
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM

It's an interesting theory, but easily disproven factually. Nadal's racquet head speed and the RPMs of his shots have been measured objectively by sport physiologists. The racquet doesn't create these things, it only transmits them. Nadal hits a heavier ball physically and mechanically, regardless of what equipment he's using, than almost anyone on tour. His arm simply moves faster and harder. And by a large margin. So before the racquet even touches the ball, he's quite different (and a measurably bigger hitter) from any other "pusher from Spain". The racquet may suit his style, but it's not the reason for his success. If it were the magic racquet, than all the other so-called pushers from Spain would be using it and playing just as well as he does.

And the poly strings are essentially a wash, as the majority of players on the tour use them. Also, his poly is less high tech (less power and ball bite) than that which most of the players use (Luxilon and/or Pro Hurricane Tour).

The argument doesn't hold water when it's held up to scrutiny.

JRstriker12
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM

It's easy to pick on Nadal for some of the stuff he does. Harder to defend what you said in your original post.

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 02:56 PM
It's easy to pick on Nadal for some of the stuff he does. Harder to defend what you said in your original post.

Hmmm if I had made the multi millions Nadal has I would at least act a professional....that butt picking and trophy biting is juvenile. Nadals a man now....
His actions remind of something out of a high school gym class......

What has Nadal made 100 million (including endorsements) Get some underwear that fits......

I'm out!

big bang
10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd like to see Nadal play right-handed with a wood racquet and nylon strings.

Against Federer.

On a hardcourt.

:)

actually it would be very interesting to see him right-handed, bet he is pretty good:)

big bang
10-21-2009, 03:15 PM

yeah sure, and if Federer had been playing with this stick he would probably have won 40 slams LOL.
what a shame god only gave Rafa one:)

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 03:32 PM
yeah sure, and if Federer had been playing with this stick he would probably have won 40 slams LOL.
what a shame god only gave Rafa one:)

Nadal=Better living through modern chemistry.........

Recon
10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm if I had made the multi millions Nadal has I would at least act a professional....that butt picking and trophy biting is juvenile. Nadals a man now....
His actions remind of something out of a high school gym class......

What has Nadal made 100 million (including endorsements) Get some underwear that fits......

I'm out!

heahhaa they crushed your OP about the "rocketlauncher racquet" , and now you go and ridicule nadal. YOU sound like someone coming out of highschool, when they can't win, they result to insults whatever makes them feel better. just stfu and let nadal do his thing.

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
heahhaa they crushed your OP about the "rocketlauncher racquet" , and now you go and ridicule nadal. YOU sound like someone coming out of highschool, when they can't win, they result to insults whatever makes them feel better. just stfu and let nadal do his thing.

Hey I can take it and dish it out without resorting to profanity....If you really think that racquet doesn't help Nadal your nuts....and the other thing will eventually come out.....
bahhhhhhh

Mick
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
yeah but nadal hasn't been winning. federer beat him, then soderling beat him, then delpotro beat him, then djokovic beat him, then delpotro beat him again, then cilic beat him, then davydenko beat him.

his racquet is overrated :shock:

Baikalic
10-21-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah but nadal hasn't been winning. federer beat him, then soderling beat him, then delpotro beat him, then djokovic beat him, then delpotro beat him again, then cilic beat him, then davydenko beat him.

his racquet is overrated :shock:

haha it looks like no matter what the OP is just off the mark.

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
haha it looks like no matter what the OP is just off the mark.

If he was playing with Fed's racquet you would be saying...Fish beat him, Dent beat him, 40 year-old gram pa Agassi beat him...lol

I do give Nadal credit...he's tough mentally!

keep it up sheepeople bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jaykay
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey I can take it and dish it out without resorting to profanity....If you really think that racquet doesn't help Nadal your nuts....and the other thing will eventually come out.....
bahhhhhhh

Poor command of diction and changing positions on the original argument, is a dead giveaway that IG is really just an ill-informed kid, who still has to develop a better appreciation of the game. Don't pick him on him guys, just give him a decade or so to grow out of it.

Rafa is a terrific athlete with an unmatched will to win; and he deserves to be in the top-3. Sure, I like Roger better and Rafa's gamesmanship is there for all to see; but there is no taking credit away from Rafa that he is a true champion.

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Poor command of diction and changing positions on the original argument, is a dead giveaway that IG is really just an ill-informed kid, who still has to develop a better appreciation of the game. Don't pick him on him guys, just give him a decade or so to grow out of it.

Rafa is a terrific athlete with an unmatched will to win; and he deserves to be in the top-3. Sure, I like Roger better and Rafa's gamesmanship is there for all to see; but there is no taking credit away from Rafa that he is a true champion.

Ouch that almost hurt.....I do agree with everything you say about Rafa (great player) so were Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa...the truth will come out someday....
But please give me an English lesson.....isn't that what these discussions are really about correcting English instead of looking at the intent....

Keep flaming me boys.......bahhhhhhhhhh

LOL

I'm out

jms007
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't understand what your point is. All of the racquets are available to every player! There's no better just more suitable. Nadal plays with whatever makes him play the best, so does everyone else probably.

Inner Game
10-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't understand what your point is. All of the racquets are available to every player! There's no better just more suitable. Nadal plays with whatever makes him play the best, so does everyone else probably.

Some players can't handle Nadals racquet.....its like taking Barry Bonds bat and giving it to a little league player....he can't control it...same goes with tennis....

Also most top players get paid big $$ for using racquets......switching isn't all that easy!

jms007
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Some players can't handle Nadals racquet.....its like taking Barry Bonds bat and giving it to a little league player....he can't control it...same goes with tennis....

They "can't handle" it because it doesn't suit them, not because Nadal is the only player on the tour that found a secret to playing with it.

Also most top players get paid big $$ for using racquets......switching isn't all that easy!

Top players can also get them customized to whatever they want.

8pNADAL
10-21-2009, 06:44 PM

have you seen a closeup of how fast nadals racquet is moving when he strikes the ball? its about his physicality more than the racquet, he is just more athletic than everyone else

McBrat
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Nadal should play with the racquet which least suits his style. All the other players do it, so why can't he? Dirty-rotten-scoundrel!:rolleyes:

Toxicmilk
10-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Some players can't handle Nadals racquet.....

Damn, Wozniacki must be a BEAST if she can handle a racquet 95%+ of the ATP can't use.

McBrat
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Damn, Wozniacki must be a BEAST if she can handle a racquet 95%+ of the ATP can't use.Yep, she just retired form her first round match against unseeded Kremer under controversial circumstances (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/oct/21/caroline-wozniacki-withdrawal-internet-betting).

But yes, with his dying breath, a famous pundit acclaimed her the Beast Of All Time. The racquet was also acclaimed Beast Of All Time. True story!

elquien
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Fed is forever obligated to play with the same frame or does he choose to play with a handicap? It appears to me that he is trying to win everything all the time.

I can see it now. When he finally retires he is going to anounce: Not only did I win xteen grand slams but I played with a Wilson and had a 1 lb weight in each of my shoes the whole time!

Does anyone know how much my ntrp rating will go up if I switch to this racquet? The guys at the park are not going to know what hit them!

Baikalic
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
If he was playing with Fed's racquet you would be saying...Fish beat him, Dent beat him, 40 year-old gram pa Agassi beat him...lol

I do give Nadal credit...he's tough mentally!

keep it up sheepeople bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't understand - why I would be saying those things?

Inner Game
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Damn, Wozniacki must be a BEAST if she can handle a racquet 95%+ of the ATP can't use.

Wozniacki has slow big looping groundies...with that Babolat racquet she would be the reincarnation of the ultimate pusher Tracy Austin
Which leads us to another can of how weak woman's tennis has been the last 2 years...

Vyse
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Do not be an idiot. Nadal grew up playing with horrendous rackets. He would be the pretty much the same dominating, top-spin heavy player with any other racket.

Inner Game
10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Do not be an idiot. Nadal grew up playing with horrendous rackets. He would be the pretty much the same dominating, top-spin heavy player with any other racket.

You must be a young kid....racquets have changed so much over the years....
Nadals good but made better (and I do believe he knows how to use the new technology to his advantage)....

Nadal is the Thomas Muster of this era...awesome clay player.....but take away just a milli second from a stroke and be becomes greats...does that make him a better player?

It just like baseball....even 25 years ago there were no aluminum bats.....now everyone except the pros can use them....Why is that? because they can hit the ball harder and longer....and last time I checked then didn't move the outfield fences out deeper.

Cantankersore
10-22-2009, 02:08 PM
It just like baseball....even 25 years ago there were no aluminum bats.....now everyone except the pros can use them....Why is that? because they can hit the ball harder and longer....and last time I checked then didn't move the outfield fences out deeper.

No, the reason why baseball hasn't changed is because the rules have always stated that a baseball bat must be a single solid piece of wood. If I recall correctly, this was done to make corking illegal. Does it need to be that way? No, they can change it if they want to.

Tennis didn't have such a rule, because wood and gut were just the best options available at the time. Better materials came along and were used. That's all. Just like hockey stick and ski technologies have moved along, so have racquet and string technologies. A hockey player who is good with a fancy stick will still be good with wooden stick. There is nothing that makes wooden racquets more natural than composite racquets.

Anyway, this is a ridiculous thread.

ChipNCharge
10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Rackets aren't an advantage.

Then why are there limits on head size and length?

li0scc0
10-29-2009, 11:52 AM

Off topic...but I love her...ha.

Oh wait, I guess not off topic any more than this entire thread? :)

Pink_Shirt
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
It's not the racket and String , he get his power from the bandana...

By the power of grayskull!

kingdaddy41788
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
This is a pretty stupid thread... The sport is what it is and the rules are what they are. It's not against the rules. That racquet suits him more than Federer's does - that's why he chose it. If they all had to use the exact same racquet then I'm certain the top 10 would be a little different.

Vyse
10-29-2009, 12:02 PM
stupid post still!!!

stapler
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Can't believe such a topic has been going on for a while.

sage

Snipergene
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Nadal is using a painted APD not the APDC, correct? That came out around 2004? 5 year old technology? Anyone else on tour still using it?

Baikalic
10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Nadal is using a painted APD not the APDC, correct? That came out around 2004? 5 year old technology? Anyone else on tour still using it?

I think that's right, using a paintjob like a lot of other players.

robertg06
10-29-2009, 02:42 PM

What is it with you and your uncanny addiction to using multiple full stops?

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-30-2009, 07:40 AM
How much lead does Nadal use in that racquet. It is so freakin light the chicks use it.