Davydenko- 4th round
Nalbandian- 3rd round
Haas- 3rd round

dropshot winner
10-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Soderling: at least QF
Gasquet: no idea, will likely lose in the first few rounds
Davydenko: if he's healthy QF
Nalbandian: probably wont play the AO, but I think he could reach SF and maybe go further
Haas: 4R (or worse)

grafselesfan
10-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Soderling and Davydenko may not even be in the top 8 seeds for the Australian Open. In that case I dont know how one can confidently state they will make the QFs or better. Both would probably lose to anyone in the top 5 at the very least. Nalbandian semis or further, LOL! The guy has never gone past the semis other than his fluke Wimbledon final even at his career peak with his best form, best ranking, best draws, etc...

dropshot winner
10-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Soderling and Davydenko may not even be in the top 8 seeds for the Australian Open. In that case I dont know how one can confidently state they will make the QFs or better. Both would probably lose to anyone in the top 5 at the very least. Nalbandian semis or further, LOL! The guy has never gone past the semis other than his fluke Wimbledon final even at his career peak with his best form, best ranking, best draws, etc...
Do you actually watch Soderling play? Slow surfaces with even bounce are perfect for his game, especially if it isn't windy.
In the last 3 slams (3 different surfaces) only Federer was able to stop Soderling.

Davydenko is not as certain, but with good form I don't see why he shouldn't be able to make QF.

Nalbandian is even less sure, but they guy has stated his intentions of getting back in the top10, if he's serious and dedicates more time to physical work (which he'll have to do anyway to get his hip back in shape), he'll go far.
He has been in severe pain for over 18 months, yet he was able to outplay Nadal from the baseline on the slowest hardcourt on the tour.

If he can get back at a good level he'll be difficult to stop for everyone not named Federer, Djokovic and Del Potro.