PDA

View Full Version : Forehand similarities - Delpo / Soderling

rk_sports
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
What I noticed is that both Delpo and Soderling usage (or lack) of role of left hand setting up the Forehand and still have that unbelievably powerful shot!

Am I off in my observation?
If not, is this an effective approach to imitate/learn to have a powerful forehand?

:confused:

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
when i feel like hitting like soderling (following his extreme take back), i do seem to hit harder and flatter, but i dont seem to have as much accuracy. the ball would still be in the court, but the area of target would be 1-2 feet wide as opposed a traditional forehand and haing the room for error being less than a foot.

also, it is kind of hard to stretch your left arm that far back, that might be why soderling doesnt use his left arm

darthpwner
10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Their technique has less factors and is a simpler technique than when you have an active left arm. It makes it easier to time, but I believe an active left arm is better if you have time to set up

Cody
10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
i defiantly noticed that soderling doesn't use his non domiant arm very much.

rk_sports
10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Their technique has less factors and is a simpler technique than when you have an active left arm. It makes it easier to time, but I believe an active left arm is better if you have time to set up

Hmm, if I read that correctly.. not using active left arm could actually makes a better shot.. since.. when do you do that?.. when you're under pressure meaning no time to set up..

moroni
10-16-2009, 12:20 PM
i tried it and i failed.. i did find more power but with that came less accuracy and i missed more shots than i could afford so i switched back to normal forehand