PDA

View Full Version : Agassi raises fears of player burn-out

jamesblakefan#1
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
In calling for change Agassi said: I think the Tour should tighten up the schedule so the top players can play more often in a shorter time.
Id like to see everyone come to the table and work out a schedule that suits everyone. I always thought its best to give the players a schedule that enables the players to be at their best.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/6339564/Andre-Agassi-raises-fears-of-player-burn-out.html

araghava
10-16-2009, 09:37 AM
While i agree that the tour should be shortened to give it better structure and allow players 3 months off to rest and work on neglected parts of their game, i think this business of burnout is overblown.

These guys are individual contractors. They don't need to play the ammount they do. The top players can make a really comfortable living playing the 4 GS's and 8 Masters events. Anything more including exhibitions is entirely upto them.

bolo
10-16-2009, 11:11 AM
While i agree that the tour should be shortened to give it better structure and allow players 3 months off to rest and work on neglected parts of their game, i think this business of burnout is overblown.

These guys are individual contractors. They don't need to play the ammount they do. The top players can make a really comfortable living playing the 4 GS's and 8 Masters events. Anything more including exhibitions is entirely upto them.

That is incorrect, they are expected to play around 18 tournaments according to the guardian article.

Shaolin
10-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Its ridiculous to hear constant talk about shortening the schedule when most of the top guys still have time to go play exhibition matches.

Ledigs
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZbYj2zrWq8s/SrArdNEtrAI/AAAAAAAAAFE/f0yILzB0tZk/s400/Federercrying.bmp

Karlovic's Sunglasses
10-16-2009, 12:43 PM
So... Agassi eh? Pretty good guy.

Sounds like what Roddick's saying.

sureshs
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Agassi should just shut up. He tried to make himself out as a hero by saying players don't need a heat rule and should be made to play in dangerous heat conditions at the Australian Open.