PDA

View Full Version : Roddick Only out 2 weeks

SuperDuy
10-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Good thing its not more!October 15, 2:02pm GMT+5 by andyroddick.com

Andy suffered a left knee injury during his match on Tuesday night in Shanghai. He returned to NYC and had the knee examined but Dr David Dines and Dr. Josh Dines. He also received an MRI of the Left knee. Results of the MRI showed a mild sprain of his Medial Collateral Ligament of the Left Knee. No other injury to the knee was found on examination or MRI. The news was very good for Andy. No surgery will be needed and Andy is expected to make a 100% recovery. Andy will rest and recieve treatments and will be expected to start activity in 2 to 3 weeks.

tvp900
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't think he's even injured at all. The way he and Nadal were complaining about the schedule being too long, it wouldn't surprise me if he threw the match in protest.

IvanAndreevich
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't think he's even injured at all. The way he and Nadal were complaining about the schedule being too long, it wouldn't surprise me if he threw the match in protest.

He had freaking tears in his eyes, barely walked off the court, and flew to the US for immediate medical advice.

tvp900
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
He had freaking tears in his eyes, barely walked off the court, and flew to the US for immediate medical advice.

If he was in so much pain, why is the recovery time so short.?

NamRanger
10-15-2009, 07:19 PM

You sprain your left knee, and let's see how you feel.

IvanAndreevich
10-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Injury is emotional pain. For an athlete to get injured (possibly badly) is just heartbreaking. Obviously he would probably tough it out if he knew it was just a 2 week thing. He must have thought it was serious.

tvp900
10-15-2009, 07:26 PM
You sprain your left knee, and let's see how you feel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge roddick fan, but even I find it suspicious that mere days after complaining about the grueling schedule, he retires from his first round match before the first set was over. I saw the match, it really didn't look like he hurt anything, not like in july when he fell at Queen's Club and was clearly injured.