PDA

View Full Version : Going back to Poly hard?

DownTheLine
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I have been demoing the Pure Storm Tour. When I first picked it up from my local pro shop it was strung with addiction. When I brang it back the owner then put Revenge in it for me to try out because I play with polys.

When I have been hitting with it(On a ball machine) I have noticed that my balls are going long or else I am just spinning them into the net. I think part of the reason is, is that I should have had the net clearance a little higher but it just seems like it is so hard to get back in the groove with poly.

The reason I think this is, is because at the beginning my uncle got me some string and it was addiction and I was playing with that but when I went through it I went back to full PHT and it just felt stiffer then stiff. I was playing terrible with it but then 2-3 days later I LOVED it again.

Are polys hard to get used to when you switch back to them?

liftlobby2
10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
I have been demoing the Pure Storm Tour. When I first picked it up from my local pro shop it was strung with addiction. When I brang it back the owner then put Revenge in it for me to try out because I play with polys.

When I have been hitting with it(On a ball machine) I have noticed that my balls are going long or else I am just spinning them into the net. I think part of the reason is, is that I should have had the net clearance a little higher but it just seems like it is so hard to get back in the groove with poly.

The reason I think this is, is because at the beginning my uncle got me some string and it was addiction and I was playing with that but when I went through it I went back to full PHT and it just felt stiffer then stiff. I was playing terrible with it but then 2-3 days later I LOVED it again.

Are polys hard to get used to when you switch back to them?

i've been using polys and will be going to a softer string on my next restring. i think i will have problem getting used to the softer one. opp of your case. just a matter of getting used to it.