PDA

View Full Version : Poly String Help Would Be Appreciated

prattle128
10-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I am looking to really start getting my tennis set up figured out. I've been demoing many tennis racquets, playing lots, am getting a membership at a really nice racquet club, things are going well in my 'tennis life!' I'm not completely sure, but from the racquets that I've tried, I think the racquet that I am probably going to be using is the Head YOUTEK Radical Midplus. My style of game is that of a baseliner, and I use a lot of topspin to move players around and get a short ball that I can then jump on and then finish a point off (or at least that's the plan lol). Now I need to find some good polyester strings to accompany this racquet.

Basically, to make a long story short, I've read some of the reviews on poly strings, and based upon what I've read, and just the piles of good things I've read about these strings, I think that I am going to try the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L. I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions that they feel would be beneficial, and also just how advantageous any of guys find doing a hybrid pattern is? So maybe the BB strings in the mains, and some other synthetic gut in the crosses, or something like that? I don't really know haha, but any advice that you could give me would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Summed-Up Questions (I'm wanting to use poly):

1. How good is Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L?
2. Any other good strings for topspin baseliners?
3. Would trying a hybrid pattern be worthwhile?
4. If a hybrid pattern would be good, which synthetic gut or multifilament string would you recommend that I try along with polyester?

THANKS!!!

ClubHoUno
10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Give the new Signum CoPoly string a try:

Hyperion for power and good spin
Tornado for spin and soft feel while still being powerful

Both these strings holds tension a LOT BETTER AND LONGER than any of the Luxilon BB ALU strings.