PDA

View Full Version : mishitting forehands recently

Blask
10-16-2009, 04:22 PM
My forehand has always been my strength and the last couple of weeks I've been mishitting a lot more of them than I'm used to. I'm hitting off the lower part of the racquet head and even my non mishits haven't been as crisp.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a timing issue or maybe I'm not moving my feet enough. Either way it's starting to frustrate me as that's normally my go to weapon.

any ideas?

Blake0
10-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Are you getting lazy? Footwork problems are usually the key, but bad habits can develop from lazy practice and just slapping at the ball. Is there anything that you've changed? If its not any of that, you must be at a slump..just keep hitting normally and don't get lazy.

I'm in a slump to..my forehand timing is off...(the kinetic chain) so i'm losing a lot of power...hitting tons of balls late, bad ball judgement, inconsistency, uncontrollable really..:(. My stroke itself feels off..or different then it used to be.

Oh well, goodluck it usually comes back soon with good hard practice.

coyfish
10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Most likely footwork. I had the same issue a week ago. Fell into a slump. I was spraying my forehand left and right and framing many. Not normal for me (4.5 ntrp).

Problem was I played when i was tired (after workouts) or at night. I took a break for about 3-4 days and came back. Played rested with new string job and I was playing great once again.

wyutani
10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
remember to bend ur knees. i stress that ppl keep forgetting this.

Blask
10-17-2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback, it sounds like the consensus is a footwork/lazy problem. I'm heading out to the courts for a doubles match in about 45 minutes so I'm going to focus on footwork and being in position early for shots. I got about 9 hours of sleep and didn't go to the gym yesterday so I should have plenty of energy.