PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Wilson Reaction 17?

t-bird
10-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, all.
I've been using Wilson Reaction 17 in my LM Radical MP for a couple years and it really works for me. I've tried Babolat Addiction and a couple random hybrid setups but keep coming back to Reaction 17. Now that it's discontinued, any ideas on a very similar string I could use? Thanks

ClubHoUno
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe not similar - but a good solid Multi for the buck - Tecnifibre Multifeel.

Pretty crisp feel and very good tension maintenance - just like the Reaction string had.

Vermillion
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I switched to Forten Nylon 16 with no problems after being an avid reaction 17 user.

you should try it out. very good value string.

Keifers
10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe not similar - but a good solid Multi for the buck - Tecnifibre Multifeel.

Pretty crisp feel and very good tension maintenance - just like the Reaction string had.
Sorry, but I can't agree with this recommendation. I found TF Multifeel to be much less crisp than Reaction -- in fact, I wouldn't even call it crisp. Very muted response, ime.

There are a few sets of Reaction 17 still available on the bay. Might get you through a few months?

vndesu
10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
maybe you should try tecnifibre syn gut. i tried a lot of full string jobs of them and loved it every time. too bad i like poly more x.x

Valjean
10-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Hey, all.
I've been using Wilson Reaction 17 in my LM Radical MP for a couple years and it really works for me. I've tried Babolat Addiction and a couple random hybrid setups but keep coming back to Reaction 17. Now that it's discontinued, any ideas on a very similar string I could use? Thanks
I'd want to say Yonex's Tour Super 850, then.

t-bird
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Sorry, but I can't agree with this recommendation. I found TF Multifeel to be much less crisp than Reaction -- in fact, I wouldn't even call it crisp. Very muted response, ime.

There are a few sets of Reaction 17 still available on the bay. Might get you through a few months?

Yeah - I found a couple sites that have enough where I can stock up. I guess I'm thinking I'll buy a few sets of Reaction and keep one Radical strung with it and the other trying out some of these recommendations. Thanks for all the feedback. Keep them coming!

ClubHoUno
10-17-2009, 11:15 AM

OKidoki :oops: :oops:

Point taken - I only played with it 3 times each, because I tend to use the more expensive strings, so I probably should have just put a lid on my mouth :-?

Keifers
10-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey no problem.

Take care.

dincuss
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Prince Premier w/Softflex 17

Pretty much the exact same string

Mastadon_10S
10-21-2009, 05:08 AM
I too am going through Reaction withdrawl. I have started to gravatate toward Technifibre strings for some reason. The most comparable string I have found is Technifibre NRG2 but I have to string 2lbs heavier to get the same feel.