PDA

View Full Version : Who has better rivalry? Fed/Rafa or Pete/Andre

TMF
10-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Despite Pete/Agassi played a total of 34 times while Fed/Nadal played only 20 times, but almost all of Fed/nadal's matches are met in the final. 8 out of 20 were played at the GS, or 40%(Pete/Andre only 26%). I also think Fed/Nadal brings more intense, electrifying, and quality tennis than them. Their slam finals became more of a classic than Pete/Andre.

longst
10-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Despite Pete/Agassi played a total of 34 times while Fed/Nadal played only 20 times, but almost all of Fed/nadal's matches are met in the final. 8 out of 20 were played at the GS, or 40%(Pete/Andre only 26%). I also think Fed/Nadal brings more intense, electrifying, and quality tennis than them. Their slam finals became more of a classic than Pete/Andre.

Probably Fed and Nadal. For sure in terms of quality of tennis. Fed is a ballerina.

statto
10-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Fed/Rafa. I would put McEnroe/Borg ahead of Sampras/Agassi too, even though they only played 14 times. For me it's all about the slam finals and how competitive they are:

7 Nadal/Federer (5:2)
5 Sampras/Agassi (4:1)
4 McEnroe/Borg (3:1)

Sampras and Agassi never had a five set slam final, so by definition none of their finals are classics. Borg and McEnroe had two five-set classics, and never had a straight sets final. Nadal and Federer have had three five-setters (so far), including what many people feel is the best slam final in history.