PDA

View Full Version : Doublws

Noaler
10-17-2009, 11:06 AM
What are some strategies when playing doubles in 16s. where most of the kids are ranked higher than 100

BullDogTennis
10-17-2009, 12:37 PM
the same strategy is any other doubles...play offensive tennis.

Venetian
10-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Hit nothing but drop shots. Return of serve=drop shot, forehand=drop shot, opposing players take the net=drop shot.

USERNAME
10-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Control the net, that is key, follow 1st serves and well hit groundies in as soon as possible. On returns, keep em low and away from the net man and every so often drive one up the line to keep em honest so they dont poach ALL the time. On serves use a little more spin then what u would normally go for in singles, a high 1st serve% is a BIG must. Hit angle serves and serve into the body, can go for a few up the T every now and then to. When in doubt on a shot, go up the middle. And the biggest of all the things u can do is... NEVER ARGUE WITH UR PARTNER! Back them up always, on calls, in points, no matter what. The only exception to that is if blatant cheating is going on (should kno enough about people to kno if theyll cheat or not tho).

LuckyR
10-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't know about today but back in the day a lot of 16s boys doubles was two singles guys getting together to play doubles, ie there was significantly less understanding of correct doubles strategy than the stroke prowess of the players would normally have you believe. So if this is still the case I would actually read a book on doubles strategy (even though at 16 you already know everything).

USERNAME
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't know about today but back in the day a lot of 16s boys doubles was two singles guys getting together to play doubles, ie there was significantly less understanding of correct doubles strategy than the stroke prowess of the players would normally have you believe. So if this is still the case I would actually read a book on doubles strategy (even though at 16 you already know everything).

Ive seen this, it is the funniest thing to watch! They play double back alot and just slam away from the backcourt! Ive seen a few guys that actually hit a shot and then recover kinda close to the middle hash mark, they always take each others shots, and end up running around like crazy:lol:

10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
another excellent post by LuckyR

10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
What are some strategies when playing doubles in 16s. where most of the kids are ranked higher than 100

A lot depend on your teams strengths and weaknesses.

Bungalo Bill
10-22-2009, 09:43 AM
the same strategy is any other doubles...play offensive tennis.

haha, in a lot of ways, I would agree.