PDA

View Full Version : Need some Michigan Colleges for tennis

rodick77
10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
If anyone has any knowledge of a school I could play tennis at in Michigan. I am at least a 3.5 player probably 4.0 was wondering if I could make any teams at any colleges or a club team. I know I can't play D1 or D2.

Falloutjr
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM
http://collegetennisonline.com/ is your friend.

Ronaldo
10-17-2009, 07:12 PM
If anyone has any knowledge of a school I could play tennis at in Michigan. I am at least a 3.5 player probably 4.0 was wondering if I could make any teams at any colleges or a club team. I know I can't play D1 or D2.

Ever try curling off-seeason? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2beoLk0_Xk&NR=1

lilxjohnyy
10-17-2009, 07:25 PM
University of Michigan Ann Arbor?

gmgpistons
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
You could maybe make the team at Michigan Tech University up in the Upper Peninsula. Its a D2 school for tennis, and as far as I know they don't have scholarships for men. Its a great school though, especially for engineering.

darkhorse
10-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Maybe Hope College in Holland or Calvin College in Grand Rapids, I don't know if Hope has a team but I'm pretty sure Calvin does.

duusoo
10-18-2009, 05:32 AM
I support Michigan Tech. They have an indoor tennis center, and its outstanding academics especially in Civil and Industrial Engineering. They have had some top players attend there, Brett Girrard for one. It's remote, but a good place.

cncretecwbo
10-18-2009, 07:38 AM
kalamazoo? good d3 school

jaggy
10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
University of Michigan Ann Arbor?

A community college for girls, right?

mtommer
10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Kalamazoo College
Hope
Adrian
Albion
Calvin
Sienna Heights
Grand Valley State U
Hope
Alma

These are all Div 3 (I believe) colleges around SW Michigan. I'm not sure about other areas. I believe Mark (the coach) said K is ranked in the top 25 for Div 3 but that was weeks ago when I spoke to him so I could be wrong about the ranking.

TheACTennis
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
If any players are in the Michigan area and are looking to play at the college level on the Men's or Women's side I would be interested in speaking with you.

goran_ace
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Kalamazoo College
Hope
Adrian
Albion
Calvin
Sienna Heights
Grand Valley State U
Hope
Alma

These are all Div 3 (I believe) colleges around SW Michigan. I'm not sure about other areas. I believe Mark (the coach) said K is ranked in the top 25 for Div 3 but that was weeks ago when I spoke to him so I could be wrong about the ranking.

I would not lump Kalamazoo in with the rest of those schools. They are strong for a DIII program.

mtommer
07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I would not lump Kalamazoo in with the rest of those schools. They are strong for a DIII program.

Well, that's true enough. They do dominate MIAA and Nate Eddy was ranked in the top 50 Div 3 players this year. I think they also made it to the second or third round of the Div 3 nationals this year. Having hit with or seen the K tennis teams nearly everyday for the last few years I seriously doubt a 3.5 or 4.0 player would come close to making the team.

The Wreck
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
If you go here you can even MAJOR in tennis.

http://www.ferris.edu/bachelor-degree-professional-tennis-management.htm

jhick
07-08-2011, 08:59 AM
I support Michigan Tech. They have an indoor tennis center, and its outstanding academics especially in Civil and Industrial Engineering. They have had some top players attend there, Brett Girrard for one. It's remote, but a good place.
I know a local guy who by his senior year played #1 at Tech. This was around the early 2000's. At the time he was mid 5.0 rated USTA player. Now he is an upper 4.5 player.

Lendl
07-11-2011, 07:11 AM
I play current players from Kzoo College, Michigan Tech and Hope pretty regularly and a 4.5 rating would be a minimum to make any of those teams and a 5.0 likely if you want to actually start and play regularly.