PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic should play with a total different racquet

nothingfails
10-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I think he switched a year ago or so. Anyway everytime I see him play I always feel that it takes some power and speed off. It is obvious that his racquet is either too light, or the handle is too long. Or the strings are too loose. Or a little bit of everything. He's a talented guy and from what I've seen it is obvious that his racquet gets in the way.

Ripster
10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
You think that he has lost some power and speed but that the cause might be loose strings? FYI, loose strings give you more power. Also his racquet is anything but light, it's in fact very heavy.

There was no doubt that his racquet was holding him back in the winter/early spring but since then I think he's adjusted nicely. Whether he performs better with his new Head or old Wilson is still up for debate though, he's had his ups and downs with both racquets.

li0scc0
10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
The real debate is whether he is actually using a Head, Wilson...or something else. Whatever it is, it is NOT what he is sponsored to play.

norbac
10-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't know if it's because of his new racket(if he actually is using a different one), but lately I've noticed Novak hooks his forehand much more than he used to.

Tennis_Crazed
10-17-2009, 02:50 PM
The real debate is whether he is actually using a Head, Wilson...or something else. Whatever it is, it is NOT what he is sponsored to play.

really? how do you know that?

nothingfails
10-17-2009, 02:53 PM
You think that he has lost some power and speed but that the cause might be loose strings? FYI, loose strings give you more power. Also his racquet is anything but light, it's in fact very heavy.

I didn't say the cause might be loose strings. I mentioned 3 causes. And it doesn't seem very heavy. In that case I wonder how much the Wilson Pro Staff weighs... He was more successful with his Wilson anyway, had more winners. Now he seems to be dragged in long rallies. It was so obvious during the Davidenko match yesterday.

Cody
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
really? how do you know that?

His stick has a paintjob