PDA

View Full Version : GREED at the heart of burnout

pound cat
10-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't usually put much credence in what Simon Reed on Eurosport says, but this article hits the mark IMO.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/98/

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

random guy
10-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't usually put much credence in what Simon Reed on Eurosport says, but this article hits the mark IMO.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/98/

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Does this page even has an editor or something? This article is horribly written. He repeats the exact same sentence about "eastern europeans with dollars signs on their eyes" and women being "emotionally fragile" over and over. :???:

JennyS
10-17-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree with this article!

pound cat
10-17-2009, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=random guy;4035518]Does this page even has an editor or something? This article is horribly written. He repeats the exact same sentence about "eastern europeans with dollars signs on their eyes" and women being "emotionally fragile" over and over. :???:[/QUOTE

But...do you agree with what he says?

I never promised great prose from Simon Reed, with or without editors.

Eurosprot is THE place to go for upto date tennis info. And yes, I agree that that they seriously need some well paid editors. BBC c.o.uk never updates, and ATP is amateurish.

All in all, very poor major tennis sites.

crawl4
10-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Interesting article :)

flyinghippos101
10-17-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=random guy;4035518]Does this page even has an editor or something? This article is horribly written. He repeats the exact same sentence about "eastern europeans with dollars signs on their eyes" and women being "emotionally fragile" over and over. :???:[/QUOTE

But...do you agree with what he says?

I never promised great prose from Simon Reed, with or without editors.

Eurosprot is THE place to go for upto date tennis info. And yes, I agree that that they seriously need some well paid editors. BBC c.o.uk never updates, and ATP is amateurish.

All in all, very poor major tennis sites.

+1, you'd think such reputable sports sites would atleast have editors doing their rounds cleaning up any grammatical fuzzies.

autumn_leaf
10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
so they want money...like most people.

i agree with some of the people that commented on the page. they are there own boss. and that playing in a lot of tourneys doesn't really hurt the players that get knocked out early, in fact they might need to play all the time if they want to make a living out of it.

as for top players playing too much, a part of me thinks that they're like most people on this board, they're addicted to the game and want to keep playing and at times don't know when to stop and rest. i know i play/practice when my body tells me i should take a break...and i don't even get paid to play lol.