PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it, they're both well past their primes, they already peaked

GuillermoR
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk8lVm2ldY

It's not only Federer who doesn't play as well anymore.

Frankauc
10-17-2009, 09:13 PM
wow nadal was rally crushing the ball, i dont know if it's just an impression though because of course it's only showing the best rallies

BlakeGOAT
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah Federer is, but its another thing with Nadal. He could be past his prime but he's still only 23, young enough to maybe have his best years ahead of him although the tendinitis have definitely reduced the chances of it. We will see how he plays next year.

lawrence
10-17-2009, 09:24 PM
oh my god the grunting in that video made it hard to watch

prosealster
10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
doesnt matter...they r still spanking the competition :)

sh@de
10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah Federer is, but its another thing with Nadal. He could be past his prime but he's still only 23, young enough to maybe have his best years ahead of him although the tendinitis have definitely reduced the chances of it. We will see how he plays next year.

I think the thing is age doesn't always mean everything. Nadal is young, but his game is relatively polished already, and he's a veteran in terms of experience. That means he can't improve so much in those areas. It's not just about how old you are... somebody who's 28 or 29 with very little experience and an unpolished game can improve more than Nadal.

GuillermoR
10-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Yep, it's only downhill from when you peak. It's true for Nadal as well. Specially if you add injuries to the mix!

jelle v
10-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Lately I too have had the feeling that Nadal has peaked already. One of the things that makes me think this, is that he has been on the tour for so long. It's inevitable that people will start to figure out your game. And then there are these injuries that Nadal starts having more and more, especially the knees of course. On thing that speaks for Nadal is that he still is so young. I'm curious to see how Nadal's career will develop from this point on.