PDA

View Full Version : Something good is happenning-Janine Wickmeyer

marpiw
10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Something good is starting to happen in the Tennis panorama and she is called Janine Wickmeyer...a teutonic Walkyria that is playing a very good tennis and is a very promising player...
Besides of some comebacks we also must pay attention to these phenomenons which are the future of the sport...
By the way I must also say she is very but very nice and sweet as honey...and she makes me happy when she plays...

Kegzz
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I believe you're talking about Yanina Wickmayer? I also believe she is very promising. She's about to turn 20, and I don't think she's peaked yet. She's already reached 4 WTA Finals (2-2) and a GS SF. Her game is quite good too, she uses powerful shots, but can change it up every now and again. She can definitely do a lot more in the future.

Bud
10-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Something good is starting to happen in the Tennis panorama and she is called Janine Wickmeyer...a teutonic Walkyria that is playing a very good tennis and is a very promising player...
Besides of some comebacks we also must pay attention to these phenomenons which are the future of the sport...
By the way I must also say she is very but very nice and sweet as honey...and she makes me happy when she plays...

I believe you're talking about Yanina Wickmayer? I also believe she is very promising. She's about to turn 20, and I don't think she's peaked yet. She's already reached 4 WTA Finals (2-2) and a GS SF. Her game is quite good too, she uses powerful shots, but can change it up every now and again. She can definitely do a lot more in the future.

Yanina is a good player and is very passionate... She also won Linz, earlier today. IMO, she'll be in the top 10 sometime in 2010 if she remains injury free.

pound cat
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Yanina is a good player and is very passionate... She also won Linz, earlier today. IMO, she'll be in the top 10 sometime in 2010 if she remains injury free.

Wickmayer to face anti-doping tribunal over failing to report whereabouts
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP) – Oct 1, 2009

BRUSSELS, Belgium — U.S. Open semifinalist Yanina Wickmayer will be questioned by a local anti-doping committee for allegedly failing to report her whereabouts to anti-doping investigators three times over the last 18 months, her spokesman said Thursday.

"Yanina will indeed have to appear. It is all based on a misunderstanding," said her spokesman Rudi Kuyl in a telephone interview.

"She did not miss a doping control," Kuyl said, but he conceded Wickmayer may not have fulfilled all the requirements of the World Anti-Doping Agency's requirement that she let them know her whereabouts at all times for out of competition testing.

Local reports said that the Flemish Doping Tribunal would not necessarily consider this an infraction under WADA's whereabouts clause. Repeated phone calls to the agency were not answered.

Kuyl said she will be questioned on Oct 22.

And THIS is not good....LOL

marpiw
10-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Wickmayer to face anti-doping tribunal over failing to report whereabouts
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP) Oct 1, 2009

BRUSSELS, Belgium U.S. Open semifinalist Yanina Wickmayer will be questioned by a local anti-doping committee for allegedly failing to report her whereabouts to anti-doping investigators three times over the last 18 months, her spokesman said Thursday.

"Yanina will indeed have to appear. It is all based on a misunderstanding," said her spokesman Rudi Kuyl in a telephone interview.

"She did not miss a doping control," Kuyl said, but he conceded Wickmayer may not have fulfilled all the requirements of the World Anti-Doping Agency's requirement that she let them know her whereabouts at all times for out of competition testing.

Local reports said that the Flemish Doping Tribunal would not necessarily consider this an infraction under WADA's whereabouts clause. Repeated phone calls to the agency were not answered.

Kuyl said she will be questioned on Oct 22.

And THIS is not good....LOLI guess that all of this sh***t is only to discredit a very good and promising player...what has such an angel-face to do with doping?...this is what we call in Spanish ''yellow press'' (presss only to discredit and disqualify people)...AND I THINK ASSOCIATED PRESS DOESNT NEED THIS...I THOUGHT THEY WERE SERIOUS AND RESPONSIBLE OF THE INFORMATION THEY RELEASE...QUITE A SURPRISE...