PDA

View Full Version : Strings good for tennis elbow

slow_duster
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi there I am using prince syn gut with duraflex right now, and I am looking for a replacement. Same price range, spin friendly, softer on my arm. I have head extreme pro (16 x 19 100sq ) strung at 56 lbs now. Thanks for the help.

rich s
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Technifibre E-matrix if price is truly a consideration.

If you can spend a little more there is Technifibre NRG2 and X-One Bi-phase.

If money is no object any natural gut will be easier on the arm than PSGD.

Slice_Serve
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Luxilon BB Alu Power Rough.

Remember to string it really high and muscle the ball as much as possible.

NewGuy
10-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Wilson NXT (most $).

Prince Premier LT (lesser $).

Pro Supex Maxim Touch (even less $).

Or, try the Volkl Catapult (on sale here recently for least $).

String a bit lower range. You may also wish to warm before, ice after, and most importantly, do te rehab exercises. Bioskin makes a pretty good elbow support. Good luck.

Richie Rich
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
i've had people that have TE use tecnifibre nrg with good results. with your frame i would use 16g and string at what you use now - 56

charliefedererer
10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Check out this link:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage.html?CREF=163

BreakPoint
10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
You may also want to take a look at some more flexible frames.

Cruzer
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM

Oh yeah. String it at about 75 pounds and if didn't have tennis elbow already you sure will after using this stuff for a while.

Anyone recommending a polyester string for someone trying to avoid tennis elbow is an idiot.

dincuss
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah. String it at about 75 pounds and if didn't have tennis elbow already you sure will after using this stuff for a while.

Anyone recommending a polyester string for someone trying to avoid tennis elbow is an idiot.

I agree, except for Sonic Pro.

Steve Huff
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
You might want to try something like Alpha Prodigy or Sphere. Sphere might be out of your price range, but it's a great hitting, soft string. Another is Head Fibergel Power.

KenC
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm testing the Bab Addiction 16g now. It feels very soft strung at 55 lbs. Other than that it is a pretty average string. There's also TF Multifeel which is my next in line to try out. I still think there is nothing like TF X-one for comfort and playability, it just costs a lot and isn't the most durable string out there.

Valjean
10-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi there I am using prince syn gut with duraflex right now, and I am looking for a replacement. Same price range, spin friendly, softer on my arm. I have head extreme pro (16 x 19 100sq ) strung at 56 lbs now. Thanks for the help.
Alpha's Gut 2000, at approximately that cost.

Valjean
10-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Alpha's Gut 2000, at approximately that cost.

PimpMyGame
10-19-2009, 04:24 AM
How often do you play, and how often do you restring? If you play 2-3 times a week and are not a string breaker, I'd suggest that natural gut will keep well for at least a couple of months in the mains. If you put a nice co-poly with excellent tension maintenance (e.g. Signum Pro) in the crosses to keep the price down you may not notice the price increase because you're getting more hitting time out of that setup.

Irvin
10-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Ektelon PowerPlay

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Ektelon_Powerplay_16_String/descpageACPRINCE-PPP16.html

Forten Sweet 16

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=products&searchtext=sweet+16

Irvin

slow_duster
10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I play 2 or 3 times a week, breaking strings once a month. I just bought a stringer, so I am going to try 2 or 3 of the strings recommened in this post. Also would like to try 17 or 18 gauge string as well. PS I will not be using the big banger set up at 75 pounds. LOL

slow_duster
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
No one has mentioned head's Rip Control, I like the spin, lower power, price, and I think the 16g would hold up fine. Is this string "softer" than the prince syn gut, at same tensions?

drgreenthumb
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM

I would NOT recommend what this guy suggested.

I have hit with BB for 3-4yrs now and NOT approaching geriatric stages soon. People who have used BB at >60lbs will tell you that this is a recipe for disaster.
That is also the reason most shops and players will recommend stringing 10-15% less tension than your regular tension due to the stiffness and stress it cause your arm and elbow.

there are a lot of choices out there for soft strings like cyberflash. and using a very low tension like 50-55 will make a huge difference on your arm. it could also be your technique (swing/stroke motion that will aggravate your elbow issues).

coolblue123
10-22-2009, 04:47 AM
When I was coming out of tennis elbow, I always used Yonex 850 Pro. Felt very comfortable/cushy, but I thought feel was alittle missing.
But Maxim Touch is good stuff too. I thought it was alittle more stiffer then NXT.

coolblue123
10-22-2009, 04:51 AM

Nicceee, and also be sure to frame the ball as much as possible... :twisted: haha.. Death by TE...

Nuke
10-22-2009, 04:54 AM

You really need to put a smilie on posts like these, for the folks that don't get the irony. :wink:

rosheem
10-22-2009, 06:22 AM
When I switched to the Wilson Kobra Tour, all elbow pain stopped. It is an extremely flexible frame.

As for strings, I like Weiscannon Explosiv as an elbow-friendly string. Not sure what the price is.

10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
When I switched to the Wilson Kobra Tour, all elbow pain stopped. It is an extremely flexible frame.

As for strings, I like Weiscannon Explosiv as an elbow-friendly string. Not sure what the price is.

So you like that Kobra tour?
How's your game coming along?
Mastered the mid court ball attack yet? : )

tennis4josh
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
When I was coming out of tennis elbow, I always used Yonex 850 Pro.

I second Yonext Tour Super 850. Very soft, poweful and cheap!