PDA

View Full Version : Does Darren Cahill like/respect Novak Djokovic?

DRII
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I know this is old, but I don't remember anybody discussing it.

During the summer, I think at Miami, Cahill was announcing for ESPN and he said that Novak's new Head frame was the same that Steffi Graf used to play with.

I felt he was being a little dismissive, like he was saying Novak was using a girl's frame or something and that was part of the reason Djokovic was not playing as well. Maybe I was reading too much into it and just don't understand Aussie cadence.

But, first off, is that true is Novak's Youtek frame the same as Steffi Graf's racquet? (I thought Steffi played with Wilson when she was on the tour).

And; does Cahill not like Novak? Agassi also seems to be a little dismissive of Djokovic at times.

World Beater
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
no.

andre was hailing djokovic as a special player and the one to threaten federer.

now he changed his tune and apparently its murray who interests him more.

2ndserveace
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
What Cahill meant was that Novak's frame is the racquet that Steffi is currently using. Steffi has used it all throughout the year at charity events, appearances, etc. Also, I don't think it was at Miami since Miami is during the spring. If I rememer correctly it was either Toronto or Cincinatti. But to answer your main question, I have never really noticed Cahill saying anything that would lead us to think Cahill doesn't like Djokovic.

oy vey
10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Cahill seemed to like Djok at US Open this year when he was interviewing him after the Stepanek win.

Ripster
10-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Cahill is the one ESPN commentator that actually defends Djokovic. Most of the time it's Brad Gilbert and Chris Fowler who show Novak the least respect.

Cahill and John McEnroe, I think are the most fair commentators and I enjoy hearing their insights.