PDA

View Full Version : My season to keep all players happy. And give them an off-season.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-19-2009, 03:24 AM
January

MS#1: Brisbane Plexipave
GS#1: Australian Open Plexipave

February

Optional Masters event in Asia: Singapore/ Malaysia/ Thailand Plexipave

March

MS#2: Rome (Italian Open) Clay

Optional Masters event: Monte Carlo Clay

April

MS#3: Madrid (Spanish Open) Clay
GS#2: Roland Garros Clay

May

MS#4: Queens/Halle Grass

June

GS#3: Wimbledon Grass

July

MS#5: Motreal/Toronto Canadian Open HC
MS#6: Cincinnati HC

August

GS#4: US Open HC

September

MS#7: Shanghai/ Tokyo Indoor
MS#8: Paris/Hamburg Indoor

October

ATP Finals: Rotating Continents and surfaces.

October 16th -December 31st
Off

Because of the weather still being cold in the northern hemisphere in February, I thought that the season does have room for 10 Master events. But feel that two of those events should be optional. Meaning that they dont have to play if they don't want. However, if IW and Miami want to keep their tournament, then they should only be 250 or 500 point events, and not masters. I did the same with Monte Carlo, as with France having a Grand Slam at Roland Garros, and an indoor MS event in Paris. Then I think that another tournament in that area is not necessary.

I also believe that the year end Masters should Rotate continents and be played on different surfaces that the hosts wish to use. Indoor or out door..

aleexxxxx
10-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Cincy/IW/Miami all in July? Are you suggesting that the players would have to choose One between those 3? that would not end well. That's about the only problem with your set up. That and the fact that Indian wells in July is too hott for walking outdoors. Let alone tennis. No one would play IW In July

BreakPoint
10-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Cincy/IW/Miami all in July? Are you suggesting that the players would have to choose One between those 3? that would not end well. That's about the only problem with your set up. That and the fact that Indian wells in July is too hott for walking outdoors. Let alone tennis. No one would play IW In July
Nor Miami.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-19-2009, 03:35 AM

No, I am saying that IW and Miami should either be scrapped, or rotated with Cincy every year like Toronto does with Montreal.. There is no need for these two tournaments to be Masters..

egn
10-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Easiest solution.

Don't make all 9 master series mandatory..make them only have to play 6 or 7.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I agree, that is why I would cut IW and Miami.. Simply no need for a third hard court season when you have the Australian Open Series and the US Open series..

JennyS
10-19-2009, 07:28 PM
How about this schedule....

Australia/Asian season:
1/5: Brisbane, Dubai, Chennai
1/12: Auckland, Sydney
1/19: Australian Open wk 1
1/26: Australian Open wk 2
2/2: Beijing, Tokyo (Indoor obviously)
2/10: Shanghai Masters (Indoor)

Indoor Season:
2/17: Rotterdam, Valencia, Moscow
2/24: Basel, Marseille, Stockholm
3/2: Paris Masters
3/9: Memphis, Vienna, St. Petersburg

Claycourt season
3/16: Vina Del Mar, Buenos Aires
3/23: Acapulco, Costa Do Sauippe
3/30: Miami Masters (now played on clay)
4/6: Hamburg, Barcelona
4/13: Madrid (now ATP 500), Hamburg
4/19: Monte Carlo Masters
4/26: Rome Masters
5/4: ATP World Team Championship
5/11: French Open wk 1
5/18: French Open wk 2

5/25: no tournaments played

Grasscourt season
6/1: Queen's Club, Halle
6/8: Eastbourne, 's Hertogenbosch
6/15: Wimbledon wk 1
6/22: Wimbledon wk 2

6/29: no tournaments played

Harcourt season:
7/6: Indian Wells (500), Indianapolis
7/13: LA, Washington
7/20: Canadian Masters
7/27: Cincinnati Masters
8/3: New Haven
8/10: US Open wk 1
8/17: US Open wk 2

8/24: no tournaments played

8/31: ATP World Tour Final

9/7: no tournaments played

9/14: Davis Cup Round Robin, week 1
9/21: Davis Cup Round Robin, week 2
9/28: Davis Cup semifinals
10/5: Davis Cup final

Offseason

Note on my proposed Davis Cup format:
-there would be 4 groups divided by region (Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Americas). During the two week round robin teams would host each other and each play each other, so every team would get at least a few matches played at home)

The semi finals and finals would be held at pre determined locations.

Hence the "home/away" format that is so popular would still be there for the first two weeks, but Davis Cup wouldn't be so spread out and the winning country could enjoy their title for a whole year!

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Jenny I dont mind that list.. But I was trying to keep to the Masters and GS's.. Also, someone noted to me that IW and Miami would be too hot to play in the northern summer. So I suggested that they can keep their slot, but just be 250 or 500 tournaments, and not Masters events..

I didn't even want to get into Davis Cup just yet, as I think it should remain the same.....