PDA

View Full Version : backhand problems

Jeewalk
10-19-2009, 04:23 AM
i know i just posted a thread about my forehand but my backhand is horrible. i hit eastern 1 hand and the shot always goes flying, long, wide, and even over the fence and 20 feet more. my coach said i was tilting my racket too much. any other advice that can help me

wyutani
10-19-2009, 04:24 AM
i got the same problem. thats why i switch to continental grip bh.

Jeewalk
10-19-2009, 05:20 AM

do you mean you changed your grip or you changed the backhand all together?

10-19-2009, 09:24 AM

sounds like you switched in the wrong direction??

10-19-2009, 09:26 AM
i know i just posted a thread about my forehand but my backhand is horrible. i hit eastern 1 hand and the shot always goes flying, long, wide, and even over the fence and 20 feet more. my coach said i was tilting my racket too much. any other advice that can help me

If you are on balance, with a grip that matches your contact point, this should not happen. Do you have a vid?

LeeD
10-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Cure could be...
You are leaning BACK as you hit the ball, opening the racketface.
Your stance is too open, which works for fully SW or W topspin backhands, but not for eastern or conti backhands.
You're hitting too flat, and need either topspin OR slice to control depth.
Since you're late, prep EARLIER.
You can switch your grip to more SW on the backhand, but you need a slice also, which is best hit with conti grip.
Anything to lower trajectory. Start with balanced, upright posture and CLOSED stance, fully shoulder turned, slightly back to opponent.

cesarmo03
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
try all the stuff leed is saying but also really important:

Try to video tape your strokes and watch your favorite stroke from a pro so you can copy it.

And also when u see where your problem is try to have confidence on him and knowing you are going to get better so when u are playing u dont feel afraid when your opponent is hitting to your bh.

wyutani
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
do you mean you changed your grip or you changed the backhand all together?

i meant that i changed my grip.