PDA

View Full Version : What kind of string for a stick like Dunlop 4D 300 Tour

ac3111
10-19-2009, 10:04 AM
The Dunlop 4D 300 Tour is a tight string pattern racquet 18x20, 11.02 oz strung weight and 5pts headlight strung balance and it is not very stiff, 63 is the stiffness.
As far as I know it is not very powerful stick and it tends to be a bit unstable off the sweetspot.
With such characteristics and having into mind that I play from baseline with moderate spin to flat hits, what kind of string you think would be better suited?
I mean what kind of string can exploit better the characteristics of the racquet?
Natural gut, multi, poly?
I was thinking of ordering some MSV focus strings for my other racquets and I'd like to order for the 4D 300 Tour as well so they come altogether.
Thanks.

dadozen
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Ac3, I have this stick and I can say that it matches perfectly with a thin poly, strung a low tensions. I'm using PLII 1.15mm at 52/55 and it has enough power, great control, and decent spin. My playstyle is much like yours, although I like to finish the points at the net whenever as possible.

I tried MSV Focus Hex 1.18mm and 1.10mm, but didn't like them both. They seems to be heavier than PLII, with translated into a higher SW, and I feel that with PLII, it swings just the way I like.

Hope I've helped.:)

ac3111
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks, dadozen, PLII is ?
For MSV Focus hex say that it has very good tension maintenance...

dadozen
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Kirschbaum Pro Line II. It's a great string, especially the thinner gauges.

I haven't tried MSV Focus Hex that long to test tension maintenance, I decided to cut them very soon actually:p

ac3111
10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
And I see that despite having a full PLII set up you opt to string the crosses at higher tension. I guess the reason is to prevent stringmovement, right?
I will check at the stringforum the ratings about PLII and the price of course in TW Europe...

ac3111
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
The Kirschbaum PLII 1.15 has indeed very high ratings in many areas, comfort, feel, control power, tension maintenance. The only negative is the low durability.
But if you are not a string breaker, then, why not...