PDA

View Full Version : Nadal - Is he playing is valencia

roysid
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Only nadal has an outside chance of toppling federer as year end no. 1.

He is nearly 1800 points behind federer. But fed has to defend 500 points of basel.

Is nadal playing in valencia/basel. What is his next tournament.

grafselesfan
10-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I doubt he will be playing again until Paris. He really isnt in the kind of form now to catch Federer for the year end #1 especialy with Paris and Shanghai both on much faster courts. In his current form he wouldnt be beating Federer in his home country either. He has Davis Cup after London. There would really be no point in playing before Paris. He wants to perform the best he can in Paris, London, and the Davis Cup finals I am pretty sure, that will already be a full load for him and the last thing he wants to do is risk reinjuring himself by playing 4 or 5 weeks in a row when his body is already a little beat up. As his fan I both expect and hope he doesnt play before Paris.

bladepdb
10-20-2009, 12:30 AM
HE's set to play Paris next according to the ATP website.

Good of him to choose this, too. I'm glad he's pacing himself well at the close of this season.

rommil
10-20-2009, 04:54 AM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign up for an NTRP tournament n Vermont.

valiant
10-20-2009, 05:09 AM
I dont think he will risk playing valencia and tire himself in the process. Better be healthy and well rested.

SerbWhoLovesDelPo
10-20-2009, 05:09 AM
He is playing Paris next.

I don't think he plans to overtake Federer. Probably he just wants to finish the year and see what he can do in 2010.