PDA

View Full Version : Should Fed Just take a VACATION?

Bettysbetters
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Ok if you were Fed ,would you just take a Vacation, I think that the schedule is too demanding on their body's and is shortening the careers of pro tennis players.

Do you think that he should play less tournaments a year to extend his career?

Interested in what you guys think....http://www.thepinoyscandal.net/img/7/V.gif

Bud
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Ok if you were Fed ,would you just take a Vacation, I think that the schedule is too demanding on their body's and is shortening the careers of pro tennis players.

Do you think that he should play less tournaments a year to extend his career?

Interested in what you guys think....http://www.thepinoyscandal.net/img/7/V.gif

I think you'll see him trim his schedule way down in 2010. I predict he'll play only 12-14 tournaments.

nyc
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
well, he just became a father, so I'm sure he's shifting priorities a bit...

:)

Bettysbetters
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
as the mother of twins...I can attest to that!

akv89
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Federer has only played 12 tournaments plus two davis cup matches this year and is scheduled to play 3 more. In those 12, he almost skipped Monte Carlo and seriously considered skipping Montreal. I think he might stop playing Halle and maybe even Dubai while skipping 1 or 2 masters tournaments from now on.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
as the mother of twins...I can attest to that!
Well, the difference between you and him is that he can afford the best nannies in the world while he concentrates on being the best there has ever been.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I think you'll see him trim his schedule way down in 2010. I predict he'll play only 12-14 tournaments.
Well yeah, he would have done that anyway, twins or triplets or whatever.
He turns 29 next year.

stoo
10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm sure he'll be talking to his buddy Tiger Woods for a little advice on schedule vs. children. Tiger has stripped down his tournament schedule to the bare minimum to spend more time with his family. And besides, when you have as much money as these guys do, you can pretty much play whenever you want.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm sure he'll be talking to his buddy Tiger Woods for a little advice on schedule vs. children. Tiger has stripped down his tournament schedule to the bare minimum to spend more time with his family. And besides, when you have as much money as these guys do, you can pretty much play whenever you want.
Yeah, and Tiger married a former nanny from Sweden :)

tintin
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Roger has been in Dubai for days now and has been practicing hard:)
he was even seen at a mall with his wife and 2 kids:)

IvanAndreevich
10-21-2009, 12:07 PM
He is on a break right now - smart. Back in Basel :)

aenri86
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Was reading at Y! Sports saying that it wouldn't be surprising if he took the rest of the year off until 2010! To be better prepared and really fresh for AO... What do you guys think? I honestly don't think he'll go that long without playing in a tournament, but who knows! So he might play Basel and MAYBE Paris then end it with the Masters at London! But almost 3 or 4 months without playing is highly doubtful.

Carsomyr
10-21-2009, 09:12 PM

I agree. He'll either not play any of the ATP 500s or lower (except Basel) or just play 1 or 2, not to mention skipping a 1000 event or two. 13 or 14 is a good number at his age.

sureshs
10-22-2009, 04:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Power-rankings-Federer-resting-remains-No-1;_ylt=AoqeYcoWaX3OPe3c4axgb7w4v7YF?urn=ten,197471

By Martin Rogers

Roger Federer has not been spotted on the ATP Tour since the U.S. Open final and don't be too surprised if he takes his extended break all the way into the New Year.

The world No. 1 took time off after his defeat to Juan Martin del Potro at Flushing Meadows to rest up and spend time with his young family, yet was expected to return for the Paris Masters and the year-ending ATP Tour finals in London.

However, rumors out of Switzerland have suggested that Federer is considering keeping a low profile until January in order to be fully fresh and ready for 2010.

It would be a controversial move if Federer decided to skip the Tour finals, and one that would likely bring sanctions from the ATP unless he could prove he was injured. Rafael Nadal, then atop the rankings, pulled out last year.

Federer's year has been outstanding but it is understood he has made regaining the Australian Open crown his first priority for next year.

He was devastated to lose to Nadal in this year's final, with his idol Rod Laver looking on. After losing to Novak Djokovic in the 2008 semifinal, the Swiss feels his preparation for Australia has not been ideal and wants a more structured approach this time around.

Federer remains atop of our power rankings, primarily because most of the leading men have either been out of action or out of form.

Nikolay Davydenko breaks into the list, while Andy Murray and Andy Roddick slip due to inactivity.

T-Rex 9500
10-22-2009, 04:21 AM
It would be sooooooooooooo good for the game if Federer Quit for a year.

Arailic
10-22-2009, 08:49 AM
It would be sooooooooooooo good for the game if Federer Quit for a year.

That is not going to happen!!!!!!! He will win London and than will prepare for the AO open 2010, which I think he will win. I am still not convinced he will play the Swiss tournament as well as Paris..... Federer will still be the man to beat in 2010. Everybody knows that!!!!!!! Just ask the players they will confirm it. Murray for one is taking time out to hear his wrist injury and figure out how to beat Federer and snatch the London title....

8pNADAL
10-22-2009, 04:53 PM
that is a bit far-fetched to say federer will win london, seeing as he rarely wins best of 3 events, and london is based on a round-robin format of best of 3 matches

pame
10-22-2009, 04:58 PM
that is a bit far-fetched to say federer will win london, seeing as he rarely wins best of 3 events, and london is based on a round-robin format of best of 3 matches

I guess Fed rarely winning best of 3 events explains why he's won the end of year tournament so often - not to mention that long stretch where he never lost a match at the event. You need to go back and watch some matches you obviously missed.

8pNADAL
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
im talking about recent times here, not federers prime, and that is why nadal is already almost equal with federer in masters wins

Sartorius
10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
*gives a pat on the back to RAFAwon09usopen*

JeMar
10-22-2009, 05:16 PM
The good thing about Federer is that he already takes enough breaks to ensure his longevity. He doesn't shy away from taking time off if he feels he needs it, unlike some other top players who shall remain nameless.

pame
10-22-2009, 05:20 PM
im talking about recent times here, not federers prime, and that is why nadal is already almost equal with federer in masters wins

I find it difficult to accept the premise of your argument that that is the reason Nadal is almost equal with Fed in masters wins, since of Nadal's 15 wins, 5 have been at Monte Carlo (clay) and 4 at Rome (also clay)

pame
10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
*gives a pat on the back to RAFAwon09usopen*

Yours is a much more sensible response than mine :)

8pNADAL
10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
oh yeh i forgot clay masters dont count, roland garros didnt count either until federer "won" it

Agassifan
10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Can we stop discussing masters series titles? Nobody cares about them. It is all marketing. 20 masters series titles wont even equal one slam. And Andre is my favorite player of all time.

8pNADAL
10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
^thats not the point, we were talking about federers lack of ability in best of 3-setters and why he probably wont win london

Cantankersore
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Federer is really bad at winning three set matches. He only has 4 year end championships, and the record, at 5, is so far away.

mandy01
10-22-2009, 10:06 PM
^thats not the point, we were talking about federers lack of ability in best of 3-setters and why he probably wont win london
Lack of ability? Roger has 4 masters cup titles and 16 masters titles
Yeah..he really lacks ability in best of three setters.
He has declined no one's denying it.But Federer at his best is better than anyone else .