PDA

View Full Version : Best forehand in men's tennis today?

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Many great forehands, but only one to rule them all. Who do you think has the best forehand in men's tennis?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
A forehand that has won 15 slams has got to be the best one...

bottledwater
10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
The man in your avatar. And he will always have the best.

Cesc Fabregas
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
1.Federer
2.Nadal
3.Verdasco
4.Del Potro
5.Gonzo/Tsonga/Monflis (take your pick)

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
A forehand that has won 15 slams has got to be the best one...

Do you honestly think it's been the best FH of 2009 (just 2009, not overall)?

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 01:41 PM
1.Federer
2.Nadal
3.Verdasco
4.Del Potro

Good list Cesc, for once I sorta agree ;-)

wilkinru
Delpo.

He won the most recent slam with his forehand.

Asked me after Wimbly, I would have said Fed.

My opinion may change after the next slam.

P_Agony
Andreev's FH is an honorable mention as well, but where has he been lately?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Do you honestly think it's been the best FH of 2009 (just 2009, not overall)?
Well, do you mean the best one today or since the open era or before that?

Cesc Fabregas
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Good list Cesc, for once I sorta agree ;-)

Thanks man :)

Blinkism
10-20-2009, 01:47 PM
This is a tough poll...

On one hand (lol no pun intended) we have Federer, but his FH is not what it used to be...

We have Del Potro, but is his FH as consistent as other top players?

Nadal's FH is obviously another classic but is probably not the top FH at the moment

Guys like Verdasco, Berdych, and Gonzalez have very powerful forehands, as does Blake, but "best forehand" should denote some kind of success to go with raw power.

I'll give it up to Del Potro because his FH won him a USO, basically - whereas Fed won the FO and Wimbledon because of a variety of shots (mostly serve, IMO) and Nadal won the AO because of superior movement and stamina.

Delpo it is!

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Well, do you mean the best one today or since the open era or before that?

I want to know both your overall opinion and the 2009 one.

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
This is a tough poll...

On one hand (lol no pun intended) we have Federer, but his FH is not what it used to be...

Nadal's FH is obviously another classic but is probably not the top FH at the moment

Guys like Verdasco, Berdych, and Gonzalez have very powerful forehands, as does Blake, but "best forehand" should denote some kind of success to go with raw power.

I'll give it up to Del Potro because his FH won him a USO, basically - whereas Fed won the FO and Wimbledon because of a variety of shots (mostly serve, IMO) and Nadal won the AO because of superior movement and stamina.

Delpo it is!

I still haven't voted because I can't choose right now between Fed, Nadal and Del Potro. I agree with your argument, but DP's FH was only on fire in the USO. It hasn't been the best FH in other tourneys. Fed's FH this year had many ups and downs. It was fine in Madrid and Wimbly, but it was downright ugly in the Miami SF (for example). And Nadal's FH, while a top shot, isn't what it's used to be these days, it's a bit weaker, shorter, not as deadly.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I want to know both your overall opinion and the 2009 one.
I think Fed revolutionized the forehand shot technically in 2003/2004 and has had the overall best one since that in general, sure there have been matches where he shanked a lot of f-hands but overall, Federer.
Best forehand of the 90`s clearly Sampras and Becker
Best in the 80`s Lendl without a doubt.

mTm28
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKptwpu--0

Feds forehand has always been the best.

akv89
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
1. Federer
2. Del Potro
3. Gonzalez
4. Verdasco
5. Nadal

It's not just about how good the shot itself is, but also how well the player uses it.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
1. Federer
2. Del Potro
3. Gonzalez
4. Verdasco
5. Nadal

It's not just about how good the shot itself is, but also how well the player uses it.
I dont fancy Nadal at all...but even I think he has a much better forehand than verdasco, verdascos breaks down a lot.

Nadalfan89
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Obviously Federer...

I have a feeling this thread was made for the sole purpose of fishing for Federer compliments.

grafselesfan
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
1.Federer
2.Nadal
3.Verdasco
4.Del Potro

That is a good list though I would also think Djokovic is up there, atleast when he is on his game.

IvanAndreevich
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Have to go with Del Potro as of right now.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Obviously Federer...

I have a feeling this thread was made for the sole purpose of fishing for Federer compliments.
No, im sure that wasnt P Agonys intentions.

Dream_On
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
The best is obviously gonzo, then federer

akv89
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I dont fancy Nadal at all...but even I think he has a much better forehand than verdasco, verdascos breaks down a lot.

Nadal uses his forehand very well, but too often it becomes a shot that can't really dictate play. He won't hit a lot of winners and it becomes more of a defensive shot. For the amount of power Verdasco generates, I think he does well in being consistent with his forehand.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Nadal uses his forehand very well, but too often it becomes a shot that can't really dictate play. He won't hit a lot of winners and it becomes more of a defensive shot. For the amount of power Verdasco generates, I think he does well in being consistent with his forehand.
I agree about Nadal, especially on fast HC. Not on clay though.
Well...ive seen Verdasco play 2 times and both times his forehand broke down totally and his shot-selection was really bad.

ahile02
10-20-2009, 02:22 PM
roger federer

lambielspins
10-20-2009, 02:28 PM

LOL Gonzo gets owned by Federer in forehand rallies. I have said it many times and I will say it again anyway, Gonzo is one of the most overrated players on TW.

P_Agony
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Obviously Federer...

Hardly, I didn't even vote for him.

bdon
10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
monfils. he distributes so much cream when he wants to

Agassifan
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Today: Delpo
of all time: federer (too many errors these days)

prattle128
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
It seems to me that a lot of people are sucking Del Po's dick now. It's obvious that he's incredibly good, and should be able to win multiple slams, but after one amazing tournament, a lot of people seems to be acting like he's the GOAT.

P_Agony
Anyway I voted for DP. Fed's forehand just wasn't a dominant shot this year, although it did save him that crucial BP against Haas at the FO.

The-Champ
I think Fed revolutionized the forehand shot technically in 2003/2004 and has had the overall best one since that in general, sure there have been matches where he shanked a lot of f-hands but overall, Federer.

you think becker has better fh than agassi? How about Magnus Larsson's?

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM
you think becker has better fh than agassi? How about Magnus Larsson's?

Tough choice going against Agassi on this one, id say Beckers was a bit more penetrating and Agassis was a lot more consistent.
Magnus Larssons forehand was a thing of beauty, yes. Unfortunately he didnt reach those heights often enough, but when it was on it was ON !

The-Champ
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Tough choice going against Agassi on this one, id say Beckers was a bit more penetrating and Agassis was a lot more consistent.
Magnus Larssons forehand was a thing of beauty, yes. Unfortunately he didnt reach those heights often enough, but when it was on it was ON !

yes...Magnus may not have reached a slam final but at least he beat the best player of his era a couple of times with his forehand, and sometimes in important matches too.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
yes...Magnus may not have reached a slam final but at least he beat the best player of his era a couple of times with his forehand, and sometimes in important matches too.
Absolutely, i remember him beating Pete in the final in Grand Slam Cup in Munich in 1993.
And of course all the DC-ties

The-Champ
10-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Absolutely, i remember him beating Pete in the final in Grand Slam Cup in Munich in 1993.
And of course all the DC-ties

yep, you can't say that with Verdasco's fh or Gonzales'..

Joker
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I'd take Fed forehand over anyone elses anyday.

drakulie
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Top 5 Forehands in the game today:

1. Offensive (Federer)
2. Defensive on the run (Federer)
3. Cross Court (Federer)
4. Inside out (Federer)
5. What the FU$#@ was that forehand (Federer)
6. That Forehand was fu^4en sick (Federer)

opps. That was 6. Sorry. But it ain't even close. Nobody is close to this guy.

ryangoring
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I think you really need to "dream on"!!! Pun intended.

quest01
10-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Federers forehand is the best.

President of Serve/Volley
10-20-2009, 07:13 PM

1990s is Sampras and Jim Courier... that running forehand of Sampras: Greatest running FH of all time.

BorisBeckerFan
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM
1.Federer
2.Nadal
3.Verdasco
4.Del Potro

Agreed, but if Delpo can sustain his current forehand and just add a touch more spin and angle on some shots to go along with the massive blasts he will climb up the list.

BorisBeckerFan
10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
1990s is Sampras and Jim Courier... that running forehand of Sampras: Greatest running FH of all time.

If I could pick and choose I would like to have Fed's forehand from the backhand side of the court down the line or inside out. I would like Sampras's forehand from the forehand side of the court down the line or crosscourt.

Ripster
10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Obviously Federer, it's so obvious that I just had to vote for Verdasco.

Cesc Fabregas
10-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Top 5 Forehands in the game today:[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]1. Offensive (Federer)
Agree
Disagree, his running forehand whilst good is nothing special, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic have better running forehands.
3. Cross Court (Federer)
Nadal's king here.

4. Inside out (Federer)
Agree.
?

?

You're *******. you might aswell admitt it.

Blinkism
10-20-2009, 10:04 PM
If I knew so many people would answer this question in the overall sense, I would have voted for Federer.

No doubt he takes the all-time best forehand, amongst the options in the poll...

But, in terms of at this moment in men's tennis it's a toss-up between Federer, Nadal, and Del Potro with Delpo just edging the other two because he's had more recent success (this year) with his FH than Nadal and Federer did (they used other parts of their game, their FH's have decreased slightly in quality from the years before).

No Mardy Fish on the poll? :)

zagor
10-20-2009, 10:09 PM
It's probably still Fed but I'll vote for Delpo,the guy deserves a few votes for the sheer power and consistancy he showed at USO this year from his FH side.

Cesc Fabregas
Del Potro's forehand is getting a little too many votes imo, its an excellent forehand but its an all or nothing shot.

DarthMaul
Many great forehands, but only one to rule them all. Who do you think has the best forehand in men's tennis?

Federer, no doubt about it.

abmk
10-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Disagree, his running forehand whilst good is nothing special, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic have better running forehands.

lol, djokovic,murray running FH's aren't close, only nadal's is slightly better

Nadal's king here.

lol, how many times has nadal's cross court FH been pummelled by the BHs of the likes of del potro, cilic,djokovic,davydenko,soderling ?

abmk
10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
this year, close b/w fed,del potro,nadal and verdasco , I'd say fed ....but I'll vote for del potro , never mind .....

jamesblakefan#1
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Fed, but voted Blake. Why? Because I can! :lol:

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 02:05 AM

1. Offensive (Federer)
3. Cross Court (Federer)
4. Inside out (Federer)

While I agree overall, do you think this is still relevant today with all the unforced errors and FH breaking down in matches (Miami 09 is a good example)?

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Fed, but voted Blake. Why? Because I can! :lol:

That sounded a lot like HBK.

abmk
10-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Yes, he is still above and beyond everyone else. fact that it isn't as good as a few years ago is irrelevant. His FH is still the very best in the game. hands down. Not sure why this is even being discussed.

Because

a) it has declined

b) del potro actually overpowered him off that wing in the later part of their match to get the USO title and was over-powering him off that wing in their FO match for quite a while too, not that this "proves" anything, but is bound to put some doubts into the minds of people

Guy hasn't even had a great serving year (as in years past), and he is still in all 4 major finals winning two of them.

He served very well throughout the 2 majors he won though

drakulie
10-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Because

a) it has declined

As I said, it is still above and beyond everyone else.

b) del potro actually overpowered him off that wing in the later part of their match to get the USO title and was over-powering him off that wing in their FO match for quite a while too, not that this "proves" anything, but is bound to put some doubts into the minds of people

One or two matches proves nothing. I know everyone is now jumping on the DelPo band wagon, and what he has accomplished is well deserved. But his FH IMO is not up there with many other guys,,,, at least not yet. He has to do it for a few years, and be consistent.

jrod
10-21-2009, 07:17 AM

1. Offensive (Federer)
3. Cross Court (Federer)
4. Inside out (Federer)

Agree 100%. It's whats won him more GS than anyone else.

bolo
10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
At this point I would take nadal's on all slow surfaces and fed's at the U.S. open.

Nadal 3, Federer 1 === Nadal FTW. :)

abmk
10-21-2009, 07:44 AM
One or two matches proves nothing. I know everyone is now jumping on the DelPo band wagon, and what he has accomplished is well deserved.

true, but I for one, had noted how dangerous his FH could be at the French Open itself

But his FH IMO is not up there with many other guys,,,, at least not yet. He has to do it for a few years, and be consistent.

I agree totally ...

But talking of this year specifically, he's done well ...

Cesc Fabregas
10-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Del Potro's forehand is being overrated, its an all or nothing shot most of the time, Nadal can hit winners or force errors with his forehand with low risk.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Del Potro's forehand is being overrated, its an all or nothing shot most of the time, Nadal can hit winners or force errors with his forehand with low risk.

At the USO final it was a massive shot, it was just better than Fed's FH the majority of the match. I think Federer himself didn't believe what DP has been able to produce from that wing.

Ripster
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
At the USO final it was a massive shot, it was just better than Fed's FH the majority of the match. I think Federer himself didn't believe what DP has been able to produce from that wing.

In all honesty top three forehands would probably be Federer, Del Potro, Verdasco. Some people might say Nadal but he doesn't get the same court penetration as those guys. For the people that voted Gonzalez, his shot can be as big as the three I mentioned but it's much more inconsistent and therefore a tier below.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 12:45 PM
In all honesty top three forehands would probably be Federer, Del Potro, Verdasco. Some people might say Nadal but he doesn't get the same court penetration as those guys. For the people that voted Gonzalez, his shot can be as big as the three I mentioned but it's much more inconsistent and therefore a tier below.

But Nadal's is the most consistent of the four. Nadal has a ton of topspin on his FH and it can sometimes land short and attackable, but he barley makes unforced errors with it (not many winners as well). Nadal, because of the amount of spin, can force many errors on the opponents, which is why his FH is so effective. His FH on the run is also very good.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Is this a joke troll thread or something?

I think this tops Federer's second serve is equal to Sampras' second serve, or that Federer has a better serve than Karlovic and Roddick.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 01:22 PM

What's your problem? What's wrong with the thread. It's asking about the best FH of 2009, not overall. Is it not allowed anymore to talk about tennis in a forum that's called "Talk Tennis"? Geez...

With your second sentence, the only one who's trolling here is you buddy.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 01:24 PM
What's your problem? What's wrong with the thread. It's asking about the best FH of 2009, not overall. Is it not allowed anymore to talk about tennis in a forum that's called "Talk Tennis"? Geez...

No, because it's quite obvious what the answer was. Federer's overall game has degraded in every respect, and he has even become more reliant on his forehand than he has in the past. His forehand is clearly a league above everyone else (with the exception of Nadal's forehand on clay).

This thread is a complete joke and you know it. You're becoming the new Nadal_Freak.

Edit : Actually, you're worse since Nadal_Freak at least attempted to fabricate and twist numbers in order to support his cause. The best you can come up with "THE STATISTICS DON'T MATTER LOL".

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
No, because it's quite obvious what the answer was. Federer's overall game has degraded in every respect, and he has even become more reliant on his forehand than he has in the past. His forehand is clearly a league above everyone else (with the exception of Nadal's forehand on clay).

This thread is a complete joke and you know it. You're becoming the new Nadal_Freak.

No, you are becoming the new Nadal_Freak, or veroniquem/Maximo for that matter. This thread is a legit question about tennis and you know it, and I also think you'll be surprised by my vote (As usual you attack first and understand later).

What do the statistics have to do with this thread? Who talked about statistics? Are you insane? Stop bringing other topics into this thread.

I'm done talking to you.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 01:28 PM
No, you are becoming the new Nadal_Freak, or veroniquem/Maximo for that matter. This thread is a legit question about tennis and you know it, and I also think you'll be surprised by my vote (As usual you attack first and understand later).

I'm done talking to you.

This thread is not legitimate at all. Anyone who has any shred of credibility knows who has the best forehand in men's tennis today.

Cesc Fabregas
10-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Edit : Actually, you're worse since Nadal_Freak at least attempted to fabricate and twist numbers in order to support his cause. The best you can come up with "THE STATISTICS DON'T MATTER LOL".

Federer has the biggest forehand too, guys like Gonzo, Blake, Del Potro etc all have to put there maxium effort in to generate the pace, whilst Federer can generate so much pace off his forehand with so little ease.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
This thread is not legitimate at all. Anyone who has any shred of credibility knows who has the best forehand in men's tennis today.

Like always you force your opinion on everyone else. Funny that 24% didn't vote for the obvious answer. I guess they are all trolls (despite some of them being the best posters around here).

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Federer has the biggest forehand too, guys like Gonzo, Blake, Del Potro etc all have to put there maxium effort in to generate the pace, whilst Federer can generate so much pace off his forehand with so little ease.

Even someone who doesn't even likes Federer at all knows that he easily has the best forehand even today with his 1 million shanks per tournament. This thread was obviously made for the sole purpose of fishing for compliments. Anyone with half a brain could see through it.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Even someone who doesn't even likes Federer at all knows that he easily has the best forehand even today with his 1 million shanks per tournament. This thread was obviously made for the sole purpose of fishing for compliments. Anyone with half a brain could see through it.

Funny that the OP voted for Del Potro. You fail so badly it's not even funny.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Funny that the OP voted for Del Potro. You fail so badly it's not even funny.

Funny that the OP thinks Del Potro has the best forehand in tennis and that Federer has a better serve than Roddick and Karlovic. What's next?

This thread screams "I'M A TROLL LOL"

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Funny that the OP thinks Del Potro has the best forehand in tennis and that Federer has a better serve than Roddick and Karlovic. What's next?

This thread screams "I'M A TROLL LOL"

Next would be putting you on my ignore list. Goodbye.

mzzmuaa
10-21-2009, 02:57 PM
This is a tough poll...

Delpo it is!

good analysis

TheFifthSet
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
VivalaVida was banned? Yikes, why??

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM

Really? He was a great poster IMO. I wonder why...

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Are you sure he was banned? If so this is getting ridiculous....if a certain someone is allowed to stalk and namecall me in every thread without any punishment, then someone like Viva getting banned would seem to be unfair.

T1000
10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Its obviously Federer. Even with a crappy year he's still got the best forehand. Del Potro had one good tournament, that's not all of 2009. Nadal's isn't as good, probably 3rd or 4th. He can't generate as much pace or hit winners at will. Verdasco's is big, but not consistent. Same with Gonzalez, Berdych, and Blake. Roddick's hasn't been that good compared to the other guys. Not as much pace or angle. Djokovic's has been breaking down a lot in matches this year, more of a weakness from the matches I've seen.

grafselesfan
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I know VivaLaVida is a huge Federer fan and I didnt always agree with him. However he was a quality and respectful poster. His being banned is ridiculous, yet another ridiculous banning by TW.

P_Agony
10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I know VivaLaVida is a huge Federer fan and I didnt always agree with him. However he was a quality and respectful poster. His being banned is ridiculous, yet another ridiculous banning by TW.

Well, if anything's good is to come out of it, at least now you know there ARE Fed fans who are getting banned.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Are you sure he was banned? If so this is getting ridiculous....if a certain someone is allowed to stalk and namecall me in every thread without any punishment, then someone like Viva getting banned would seem to be unfair.

Most people get banned for multiple account trolling. That's what I think Nadal_Freak got banned for, because I remember not seeing him for a very long time. He certainly didn't break any rules either.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, if anything's good is to come out of it, at least now you know there ARE Fed fans who are getting banned.

No one is above the law. DesireDesire will layeth the smacketh down on offenders.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Most people get banned for multiple account trolling. That's what I think Nadal_Freak got banned for, because I remember not seeing him for a very long time. He certainly didn't break any rules either.

I wasn't talking a/b multi account trolling, though this is a problem too. I was speaking on my own personal stalker, drakulie. Guy just won't leave me alone. I report and his posts are deleted, but still the guy won't let it go. I don't see how he hasn't gotten any punishment yet.

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I wasn't talking a/b multi account trolling, though this is a problem too. I was speaking on my own personal stalker, drakulie. Guy just won't leave me alone. I report and his posts are deleted, but still the guy won't let it go. I don't see how he hasn't gotten any punishment yet.

If so many people are out to get you, perhaps there is a problem with yourself. You're always complaining about poster after poster after poster. GTFO of the forum if you can't handle it. You're only on this board to try to get posters banned. If you stop provoking, they will leave you alone it's so simple.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
If so many people are out to get you, perhaps there is a problem with yourself. You're always complaining about poster after poster after poster. GTFO of the forum if you can't handle it. You're only on this board to try to get posters banned. If you stop provoking, they will leave you alone it's so simple.

Who the hell are you? I'm sorry, but if someone followed you in every thread you post in, called you a troll for no reason, and antagonized you, wouldn't you want something done about it?

I do NOT try to get every poster banned. And I never provoked drakulie, only called him out on the Nadal-steroid bs he posts in almost every thread. Since this, he's had something against me and stalks me in almost every thread I post in. So know the facts before you come at me like that, ok?

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Who the hell are you? I'm sorry, but if someone followed you in every thread you post in, called you a troll for no reason, and antagonized you, wouldn't you want something done about it?

I do NOT try to get every poster banned. And I never provoked drakulie, only called him out on the Nadal-steroid bs he posts in almost every thread. Since this, he's had something against me and stalks me in almost every thread I post in. So know the facts before you come at me like that, ok?

Look at your sig, now stop trolling. Seriously your sig alone is trying to provoke others. Posters like you are the most annoying, always crying. Those people obviously don't like you because of your trolling post and now you make them apart of your "fan club" grow up.

Btw, you wrote "every thread" then "almost every thread" get your story straight.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Look at your sig, now stop trolling. Seriously your sig alone is trying to provoke others. Posters like you are the most annoying, always crying. Those people obviously don't like you because of your trolling post and now you make them apart of your "fan club" grow up.

I'm a troll? Do me a favor and mind your own business. :roll:

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm a troll? Do me a favor and mind your own business. :roll:

Apparently a lot more posters feel that way about you. Go check yourself.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Apparently a lot more posters feel that way about you. Go check yourself.

Who are these posters that feel I'm a troll? Everyone that thinks I'm a troll, please tell me why and what I can do to change this.

I never see you post in any threads I post in, so how can you possibly know that I'm a troll?

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Who are these posters that feel I'm a troll? Everyone that thinks I'm a troll, please tell me why and what I can do to change this.

I never see you post in any threads I post in, so how can you possibly know that I'm a troll?

Lmao, apparently you don't realize others can read threads and are not forced to participate. I read what you write and realize you're not worth the time because you post the same thing over and over.

nereis
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Federer had an amazing forehand, but nowadays he certainly isn't the biggest of heaviest hitter as he was back in 2004. I'd go with Soderling, Del Potro, Gonzalez or Verdasco. They make a living out of hitting the bejeesus out of the ball on the forehand side. Roddick and Monfils would be up there too if they actually went for it more often. I remember Roddick clocking a few in the 100mph range in Dubai last year.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Lmao, apparently you don't realize others can read threads and are not forced to participate. I read what you write and realize you're not worth the time because you post the same thing over and over.

I don't get you. It's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. This much was proven the last time you tried to call me out.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4013578#post4013578

Where are all these trolling posts of mine? Show me. I think I'm pretty fair and reasonable in everything I say. Prove me wrong. Show me a few instances of my famous trolling powers.

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't get you. It's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. This much was proven the last time you tried to call me out.

Where are all these trolling posts of mine? Show me. I think I'm pretty fair and reasonable in everything I say. Prove me wrong. Show me a few instances of my famous trolling powers.

Exactly that's your opinion. And guess what, I don't have to have the same opinion as you.

BTW, you started trolling in this thread by calling out Drakulie when it was totally off topic and unnecessary. You just wanted to draw attention to your problems when no one cares because it's the inet. Want more trolling post of yours? Just look up your post and about 1/3 will be trolling on each page.

jamesblakefan#1
10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Exactly that's your opinion. And guess what, I don't have to have the same opinion as you.

BTW, you started trolling in this thread by calling out Drakulie when it was totally off topic and unnecessary. You just wanted to draw attention to your problems when no one cares because it's the inet. Want more trolling post of yours? Just look up your post and about 1/3 will be trolling on each page.

Anyone can look at my post history and know you're not telling the truth. I post in the O&E and Pro Match sections just as much, if not more than I post in the GPPD section. Yeah, I'm really trolling in the Guys Only and Epic Fail thread...

And I was really trolling hardcore yesterday when I gave that link to the Niemenen/Dimitrov match...

Please. I don't need someone like you who doesn't know my posts or what I post to come and call me a troll b/c I call drakulie what he is.

BTW, let's just end this discussion now, it's obvious you have no idea what kind of poster I am and just come and attack me about something you know NOTHING about. Stay out of my business.

fluffy Beaver
10-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Anyone can look at my post history and know you're not telling the truth. I post in the O&E and Pro Match sections just as much, if not more than I post in the GPPD section. Yeah, I'm really trolling in the Guys Only and Epic Fail thread...

And I was really trolling hardcore yesterday when I gave that link to the Niemenen/Dimitrov match...

Please. I don't need someone like you who doesn't know my posts or what I post to come and call me a troll b/c I call drakulie what he is.

BTW, let's just end this discussion now, it's obvious you have no idea what kind of poster I am and just come and attack me about something you know NOTHING about. Stay out of my business.

I see now, you post on a public forum and expect people not to read what you write and don't think of the consequences. Again, just full of yourself whatever.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM

You post in the General Section of the Tennis-Warehouse Forums. I think that is enough evidence.

tennis_hand
10-21-2009, 06:22 PM
talking about "today".

gotta be Gonzales.

Federer's slams are not won by his forehands. his used to be damn good, but not today.

NamRanger
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Drakulie is a

http://www.swordandsorcery.org/images/trollslayer.jpg

Breaker
10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Surprised Berdych isn't getting more votes, I think his forehand is clearly above Del Po's. Same with Gonzalez's being above DelPo.http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/bug.gif

flying24
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Surprised Berdych isn't getting more votes, I think his forehand is clearly above Del Po's. Same with Gonzalez's being above DelPo.http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/IHTennis/bug.gif

Berdych isnt top 10 in anything. He is an overrated never was. Del Potro's forehand has surpassed Gonzalez's.

Breaker
10-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Berdych isnt top 10 in anything. He is an overrated never was. Del Potro's forehand has surpassed Gonzalez's.

Berdych easily has a top 10 forehand I don't even think that's a debate, it's a monster of a shot. Gonzalez vs. DelPo is difficult don't think there's a clear winner in that case, DelPo is superior in almost all other aspects of the game but I'd still have Gonzo at least even with him on the forehand side.

flying24
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Berdych easily has a top 10 forehand I don't even think that's a debate, it's a monster of a shot. Gonzalez vs. DelPo is difficult don't think there's a clear winner in that case, DelPo is superior in almost all other aspects of the game but I'd still have Gonzo at least even with him on the forehand side.

Has Gonzalez ever dominated Federer off the forehand side like Del Potro did in the U.S Open final? The answer is a resounding NO. Thus the debate who currently has the better forehand is done.

As for Berdych he is an all around power player but without any standout shots/weapons. Even if he did have a top 10 forehand to say it is better than Del Potro's is completely laughable.

Carsomyr
10-21-2009, 08:09 PM
When on, Berdych has awesome power off the forehand wing, perhaps as much as anyone in the top crop of players. However, "more power" seems to be his 'Plan B' if out-hitting his opponent isn't working; lack of variety makes it less of a weapon, in my opinion.

Breaker
10-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Has Gonzalez ever dominated Federer off the forehand side like Del Potro did in the U.S Open final? The answer is a resounding NO. Thus the debate who currently has the better forehand is done.

As for Berdych he is an all around power player but without any standout shots/weapons. Even if he did have a top 10 forehand to say it is better than Del Potro's is completely laughable.

Gonzo and DelPo have the same number of wins over Federer - 1.

Gonzo has nothing other than his forehand that can even remotely hurt Federer. His serve, return, and especially backhand are far behind DelPo, who could attack Fed's serve, earn free points with his own serve, and stay in neutral or positive situations off of the backhand side -- all things that Gonzalez can't do. That gives DelPo better chances to dominate off of the forehand side as he could at least be on neutral ground with Federer in other areas.

Normally when Gonzo plays Fed he has nothing to win points except for the forehand -- meaning he's on negative ground early in points and therefore giving him no opportunities to dominate Fed off of the forehand side.

flying24
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Gonzo and DelPo have the same number of wins over Federer - 1.

Gonzo has also played Federer almost twice the # of times as Del Potro, and still managed only that 1 win. Gonzo also is almost the same age as Federer (actually a year older) and was in his prime for virtually all the matches, while Del Potro only played 2 or 3 matches vs Federer since even starting to reach his prime level of tennis (yet still only 20 years old). Del Potro's win was in a slam final, Gonzo's was the RR of an event, not even an elimination match. And bottom line is Del Potro completely dominated Federer off the forehand side in the U.S Open final, and to a lesser extent the FO semis in a way Gonzalez never has. That is my whole point.

Gonzo has nothing other than his forehand that can even remotely hurt Federer.

Yet even his forehand cant hurt Federer much most times they play.

Normally when Gonzo plays Fed he has nothing to win points except for the forehand -- meaning he's on negative ground early in points and therefore giving him no opportunities to dominate Fed off of the forehand side.

While all this is true if you have watched they play they still have many rallies they get into when they are even footing off the forehand side and Federer wins more of them since his forehand is much better. Yes you are right though otherwise that Federer is better than Gonzalez in every other part of the game too- serve, return, backhand, net play, movement. In addition to all that he clearly has the better forehand too. Which is why Gonzo gets crushed whenever Federer is playing half decent, and has never beaten him other than one fluke RR win in an event Gonzo was out in the RR and Federer went on to win anyway.

Contrast to Del Potro whose forehand is more competitive with Federer's than Gonzalez, who unlike Gonzalez has a serve competitive with Federer's, has a much better backhand than Federer (let alone Gonzalez), and is a more agressive returner than Federer (and again let alone Gonzalez) and he will be a handful for Federer in the coming years, something Gonzalez never was and never will be.

Del Potro is just like Federer in that he is better in everything than Gonzalez including the forehand.

T-Rex 9500
10-22-2009, 04:19 AM

I think this tops Federer's second serve is equal to Sampras' second serve, or that Federer has a better serve than Karlovic and Roddick.

I doubt those threads even exist, i mean, c'mon - who thinks Federer has an equal 2nd serve to sampras and has a better 1st serve than karlovic and roddick? Obviously the OP is a tool if he needs to make a thread asking who has the best forehand in the game.

P_Agony
10-22-2009, 05:36 AM

Btw, you wrote "every thread" then "almost every thread" get your story straight.

Actually James isn't a troll, he's one of the best posters around here. He's actually a guy that can disagree with you without wanting to kill you.

P_Agony
10-22-2009, 05:44 AM
I doubt those threads even exist, i mean, c'mon - who thinks Federer has an equal 2nd serve to sampras and has a better 1st serve than karlovic and roddick? Obviously the OP is a tool if he needs to make a thread asking who has the best forehand in the game.

Obviously you are a troll new user who for some reason came to "Talk Tennis" in order to "Troll Tennis". I wonder who you are...possibly a very bored old user who wanted another troll account.

Breaker
10-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Gonzo has also played Federer almost twice the # of times as Del Potro, and still managed only that 1 win. Gonzo also is almost the same age as Federer (actually a year older) and was in his prime for virtually all the matches, while Del Potro only played 2 or 3 matches vs Federer since even starting to reach his prime level of tennis (yet still only 20 years old). Del Potro's win was in a slam final, Gonzo's was the RR of an event, not even an elimination match. And bottom line is Del Potro completely dominated Federer off the forehand side in the U.S Open final, and to a lesser extent the FO semis in a way Gonzalez never has. That is my whole point.

Yet even his forehand cant hurt Federer much most times they play.

While all this is true if you have watched they play they still have many rallies they get into when they are even footing off the forehand side and Federer wins more of them since his forehand is much better. Yes you are right though otherwise that Federer is better than Gonzalez in every other part of the game too- serve, return, backhand, net play, movement. In addition to all that he clearly has the better forehand too. Which is why Gonzo gets crushed whenever Federer is playing half decent, and has never beaten him other than one fluke RR win in an event Gonzo was out in the RR and Federer went on to win anyway.

Contrast to Del Potro whose forehand is more competitive with Federer's than Gonzalez, who unlike Gonzalez has a serve competitive with Federer's, has a much better backhand than Federer (let alone Gonzalez), and is a more agressive returner than Federer (and again let alone Gonzalez) and he will be a handful for Federer in the coming years, something Gonzalez never was and never will be.

Del Potro is just like Federer in that he is better in everything than Gonzalez including the forehand.

My point is that with Gonzalez there are more areas for Fed to attack allowing him to neutralise the Gonzo forehand in a way he can't against Del Potro since there are few areas to attack him.

I still think Gonzo and DelPo's forehands are comparable in quality though Fed's is a cut above both. Either way not that crazy an opinion :).

ryushen21
10-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Like it was said earlier, I think that if you are talking about a forehand that produces results or wins titles, currently I like Del Potro.

Fed made the modern forehand what it is but he has so many good shots to work with that you can't say it was just his forehand that got him his titles. I'd still say that the fearless Fed forehand is probably the best but he has had a lot of inconsistency lately.

I don't like the Nadal forehand at all. I know he produces ridiculous spin but that doesn't make a forehand great.

DRII
10-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Hard question! Overall i would problably say Federer, I guess. But Nadal problably has the greatset defensive forehand: his curling wrap around half volley one.

NamRanger
10-22-2009, 02:27 PM
My point is that with Gonzalez there are more areas for Fed to attack allowing him to neutralise the Gonzo forehand in a way he can't against Del Potro since there are few areas to attack him.

I still think Gonzo and DelPo's forehands are comparable in quality though Fed's is a cut above both. Either way not that crazy an opinion :).

People who play tennis know what you're talking about. People who don't would argue that Del Potro still has a better forehand. Hello people, Gonzalez beat Federer alone with his forehand on a fast indoor hardcourt. Del Potro did alot more things than beat Federer with just his forehand. He served well after a nervous beginning, he played smart, consistent, was able to win many backhand to backhand rallies, etc.

LiveForever
10-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I would still say it is RFed. But damn if Del po keeps his form, in a few years he might have Fed level forehand.

Tempest344
10-25-2009, 05:22 AM
its Federer's
He's the one still

Gugafan
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Fed easily...Has that innate ability to hit crazy angles aswell as flatten out when needed.

quest01
10-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I would say Federer has the best forehand, he can hit both with heavy topspin and flat.

Noveson
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM

Actually James isn't a troll, he's one of the best posters around here. He's actually a guy that can disagree with you without wanting to kill you.

Lol T-Rex gotta agree with P_Agony on this one, and that's saying something, JamesBlake#1fan is one of the least biased posters here, and i'm not sure how asking this makes the op a tool.

lawrence
10-25-2009, 06:34 PM

hahaha oh my god that's a good one. I was actually scratching at my screen for a second.

ubermeyer
10-25-2009, 06:48 PM

LOL, when I saw your post I actually thought there was a bug crawling around my screen.

Anyway, I accidentally voted for DP.

LiveForever
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
You SOB! :) I was seriously thinking my computer has a virus. I ran so many tests. :lol:

lawrence
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Delpo has so many votes. The US09 bandwagon has arrived!

Ventolin
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
gonzalez for sure

Vyse
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
kinda depends but overall prolly roger. Nadal gets best topspin of course while Gonzolez prolly has most power

Breaker
10-26-2009, 05:37 AM
hahaha oh my god that's a good one. I was actually scratching at my screen for a second.

LOL, when I saw your post I actually thought there was a bug crawling around my screen.

Anyway, I accidentally voted for DP.

You SOB! :) I was seriously thinking my computer has a virus. I ran so many tests. :lol:

Haha it's a brilliant picture my reaction was the same when I first saw it.

REBEL
10-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Nadal hits the ball with more RPMS than any player in history:

http://www.telam.com.ar/archivos/imagen/NadalInterior.jpg[/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1870373,00.html

for full Time magazine article:

http://www.telam.com.ar/archivos/imagen/NadalInterior.jpg[/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1870373,00.html

REBEL
10-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Nadal hits the ball with more RPMS than any player in history:

http://www.telam.com.ar/archivos/imagen/NadalInterior.jpg

for full Time magazine article:

[/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1870373,00.html[/url]

There I fixed it.

REBEL
10-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Actually now its fixed...full time magazine article.

www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1870373,00.html

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Lol T-Rex gotta agree with P_Agony on this one, and that's saying something, JamesBlake#1fan is one of the least biased posters here, and i'm not sure how asking this makes the op a tool.

It doesn't make him a tool, but it's pretty obvious who clearly has the best forehand in men's tennis today. Winning 1 slam doesn't make you automatically have the best forehand in men's tennis, otherwise Roddick in 2003 during that stretch had the best forehand in the world (and IMO, he didn't, he had the biggest one though).

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Dude its obviously Fabriece SanToro.

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM

I still don't know what you have against me, especially as I'm one of the biggest Nadal defenders among Federer fans, and given that I've never even talked to you before you blamed me for basically just about anything wrong in the world.

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Actually now its fixed...full time magazine article.

www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1870373,00.html

So does most spin = best forehand?

Did you forget that in recent matches Nadal's FH has been quite a problem for him, in part because of the spin.

ksbh
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
ROFL X 1000, Agony! I really laughed reading that line!

In light of your remark, I have to say I'd find it more believable if someone said former President George Bush had a penchant for making 'informed decisions'! LOL!

I still don't know what you have against me, especially as I'm one of the biggest Nadal defenders among Federer fans, and given that I've never even talked to you before you blamed me for basically just about anything wrong in the world.

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 12:20 PM

In light of your remark, I have to say I'd find it more believable if someone said former President George Bush had a penchant for making 'informed decisions'! LOL!

I must agree. And between me and you, we rarely agree at all.

defrule
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Federer's forehand I think. I know there are more powerful forehands out there and more spinnier ones too but the things Federer can do with his forehand is incredible.

All-rounder
10-26-2009, 12:25 PM

Did you forget that in recent matches Nadal's FH has been quite a problem for him, in part because of the spin.
Yes we have Miami, Madrid, RG, cincy, montreal, new york, beijing and shanghai to show this

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Another user I never talked to in my life...sigh...

Laugh all you want buddy, but it's true, just look in old posts and topics if you'd like.

Edit: Here are some:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=213189&highlight=role+model

Congrats, he deserves it after an amazing year. He worked hard and he truly is a great tennis player, and also a great human being. Shame that some of his fans in this board don't see him as a role model.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=256843&highlight=role+model

I don't think you understand me. In fact, if we were to like players based on their pesonality alone, I would probably be a huge fan of both Federer and Nadal. Nadal's peronality is great. He's a nice guy that works hard, knows how to credit his opponents, he's a great #1 as far as being a role model goes. .

After Nadal lost to Soderling:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=264069&highlight=great+champion&page=77

What a great champion Rafa is though, fighting until the very last point. You just can't not appreciate the guy.

ksbh
10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Ranger! We owe one to Herr Agony for giving us something to finally agree upon! LOL! :)

I must agree. And between me and you, we rarely agree at all.

ksbh
10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
You've certainly defended Nadal on a few occasions, and quite admirably with courage and conviction, Herr Agony! No arguments about that one.

But just as one match of playing all-court tennis against an aging Sampras doesn't make Federer an all-courter, a few posts of defending Nadal doesn't make one a Nadal fan (or defender!) :)

Another user I never talked to in my life...sigh...

Laugh all you want buddy, but it's true, just look in old posts and topics if you'd like.

Edit: Here are some:

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Ranger! We owe one to Herr Agony for giving us something to agree upon! LOL! :)

delete post

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
You've certainly defended Nadal on a few occasions, and quite admirably with courage and conviction, Herr Agony! No arguments about that one.

But just as one match of playing all-court tennis against an aging Sampras doesn't Federer an all-courter, similarly a few posts of defending Nadal doesn't make one a Nadal fan (or defender!) :)

Never claimed to be a Nadal fan, I'm not, and will probably never be (unless I start to like his tennis, which I doubt will happen).

I do like Nadal however, and while I critisized him of a few things, I also crtisized Federer for a few things as well, does that make me a Federer hater? I'm sure you'l agree it doesn't.

We don't have to agree on everything, but the least each of us can do is talk respectfuly to one another. If you don't wish so, fine, that's your choice buddy, but I had a point to prove, I proved it without a shadow of a doubt, and therfore this duscussion is over.

Also, by the poll's results, Federer is clearly an all-courter ;-)

ubermeyer
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Okay, who voted for Roddick?

SuperDuy? Seriously? You have got to be kidding... please tell me you were.

REBEL
10-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Was that his problem or was it his personal family issues ?

prosealster
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Federer, but the others are catching up while his is declining

darthpwner
10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Federer, then Gonzo, then Verdasco, then Del Po. Where's Serena on this list?

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Fedlawman
Del Pot
Gonzales
Djokovic
and who put Berdych on that list?

All-rounder
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Was that his problem or was it his personal family issues ?
huh???? What does nadal's family have to do with his forehand

REBEL
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM
huh???? What does nadal's family have to do with his forehand

I was responding to a poster that said Nadals Forehand has had problems lately.

I read that Nadal has been going through some serious personal family problems which caused him to withdraw from Wimbledon and which has caused his level of play to dip.....that would include his forehand...no?