PDA

View Full Version : Video: training session

JK [Slovakia]
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
hi all!

i want to share my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWAyRYqNk8

what do you think about my play? any advice/critique welcomed!

thanks!

SuperDuy
10-21-2009, 11:57 AM
You play ver ygood.

spacediver
10-21-2009, 12:57 PM
very consistent!

split-step
10-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Are the above posters your friends?

Footwork needs work. You are pretty flat footed on your strokes.

Xenakis
10-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I am no expert but

A: It looks a bit like you are playing in a space station (which is a good thing in my book)

B: As split-step said your footwork is a bit flat

C: There seem to be too much arm on your forehand not enough body rotation, your non-dominant hand should start/lead the rotation rather than be used as a guide which just drops away as you swing the racquet. Read up more on the 'kinetic chain' principle (use your whole body for power, not just the arm/shoulder.)

But then what do I know.

topher.juan
10-21-2009, 01:19 PM
^+1 to split-step. Seems very flat footed; footwork definitely needs the most work here. You should never be causally walking across the court like this. Keep your feet shoulder width apart, on the balls of your feet. Split steeping when opponent hits the ball; energy/weight forward, knees bent and "loaded" etc. etc. Not seeing any of that.

LeeD
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice strokes...
I know the last two posters are correct...ie..lack of energy, footwork, splitstep, etc.... BUT ... this vid is a training session. As such, you don't need to put out the same energy as you would during a real match. So I think you move great. Head level, not bouncing up and down, you stay down in your shots with good balance, and you move like JIMMYCONNORS. Not the worst mover/runner/fetcher in the world of tennis.
Like those past vids of Youzny and Federer hitting around, a training tape is different than a real match, and less energy is needed.

JK [Slovakia]
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
thanks for replies. i definitely need work on my fitness/condition, which is not at good level. that causes my bad footwork in training sessions, as i am primarily concentrated on my shots. it is little bit better in match, not much. i also accept that my forhand need to be more consistent. i will try to post a match video next time to show you all my strokes.