PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Alu Rough 16L in the mains MSV Focus Hex 1.10 in the crosses?

downs_chris
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Anyone try anything like this?

2ndserveace
10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I've tried it with Hex in the mains and Rough in the crosses. I don't like the plasticy feel of Hex, so take what I say about feel with a grain of salt. But, it performed pretty well overall. The ball flew on me at random times sometimes, but I just chalk that up to the inconsistency of the stringbed with Hex. Good spin, good control, average power. However, I later tried Alu Rough mains and Weiscannon Silverstring crosses, and that remains my favorite string setup of all time. I recommend giving it a shot.

downs_chris
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
just curious -- how many hours are you getting out of that setup?

2ndserveace
10-21-2009, 06:25 PM
If you're talking about the Hex setup, then first of all I used the 1.23 mm version, so the durability will be more than yours. However, I've found Hex to last alot longer than other strings of similar diameters. If you're talking about the Silverstring setup, it lasted me about 2 hours of hitting, which is why I switched from it. At the time that I used the Silverstring setup I was hitting the ball alot harder than I did back when I used the Hex setup, so I can't really compare durability between the two, apologies.

alidisperanza
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
It may be advantageous to put the MSV in the mains. I find that shaped strings do much better when used as mains. Rough, on the other hand makes a bang-up cross string!