PDA

View Full Version : What doesn't feel right???

AT92292
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I currently use a Dunlop Aerogel 300. I have 8 grams of lead at 3 and 9 and 4 grams on the handle. I use Luxilon ALU POwer at 56 lbs. Starting recently something hasn't felt right. I feel like I cant really hit a ball deep or have it really penetrate the court. I tried the Dunlop 300 Tour a few days ago and like the control but dont like the spin with dense string pattern. So my question is what should I do? Should I add more weight in the throat? More at 3 and 9? I dont want to increase the swingweight too much but just a little. I've had the rackets since they came out. Do I need more of this same racket? Should I start trying other rackets? Id like to stay with Dunlop since I'm sponsored with them, but wouldnt mind trying others. Or is it the strings? I currently have reels of Black Code, Lux ALU, Big Ace, and Gosen Micro. I was thinking of trying a hybrid of two of the polys. I mostly like full poly because I like the control. I'm open to any suggestions. PLEASE HELP!!!

fuzz nation
10-22-2009, 05:36 AM
I'd say just try a full set of your Gosen Micro, maybe in the neighborhood of 58-62 lbs. It will obviously be different, but your shots aren't penetrating the court now and as I see it, a full poly setup in that racquet probably isn't giving you any free gas on your shots. You ought to see some more liveliness in your stringbed, but I doubt that it will be like having a racquet full of rubber bands or anything. Gosen Micro can be rather crisp when it's on the snug side of the tension range.