PDA

View Full Version : "Head" Natural Gut

jamauss
10-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyone know who's making Head's Natural Gut? I just strung a couple of sets of it for the first time tonight and figured their gut is just re-branded for Head and made by someone else - it looks awfully similar to Pacific Gut and has that darker gold coloring to it with "Head Natural Gut 16g" printed in very large bold font on it. I'm talking about this stuff:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_Natural_Gut_Half_Set_16_String/descpageACHEAD-HNG16.html

some6uy008
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I think I read somewhere on the forums that they pretty much all major brand (Wilson, Prince, Head, etc) natural guts are re-brand babolat

jamauss
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I've strung enough Wilson gut to know it's just re-branded Babolat but this stuff does not look like VS gut at all....

jazar
10-21-2009, 11:46 PM
i think it is pacific. i cant remember for sure, but it might say made in new zealand on the packet. anyway, the quality of it is lower than pacific's classic gut, which is their cheapest

MarrratSafin
10-22-2009, 12:06 AM
i think it is pacific. i cant remember for sure, but it might say made in new zealand on the packet. anyway, the quality of it is lower than pacific's classic gut, which is their cheapest

I believe it's Pacific, read it somewhere before. Prince is Babolat having used BDE before that.

jamauss
10-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, it does say "Made in New Zealand" on the packaging. I just find it interesting that Head decided to enter the Natural Gut game. I haven't been stringing for that long, so maybe I missed them offering gut at some point in the past, but this is the first gut branded "Head" I have ever strung.

Hankenstein
10-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Anyone know who's making Head's Natural Gut? I just strung a couple of sets of it for the first time tonight and figured their gut is just re-branded for Head and made by someone else - it looks awfully similar to Pacific Gut and has that darker gold coloring to it with "Head Natural Gut 16g" printed in very large bold font on it. I'm talking about this stuff:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_Natural_Gut_Half_Set_16_String/descpageACHEAD-HNG16.html

**** that was expensive for a 1/2 set.. It costs almost 48 for a full set then... even some $ more then the Rolls Royce VS string

String|Guru
10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I think I read somewhere on the forums that they pretty much all major brand (Wilson, Prince, Head, etc) natural guts are re-brand babolat

I know that Wilson and Gamma are both rebranded Babolat...

scotus
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I know that Wilson and Gamma are both rebranded Babolat...

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Gamma is a re-branded Babolat.

I have been using Babolat for the last couple of years, and I can attest to the fact that Wilson feels like Babolat.

But the one set of Gamma I tried? Nothing like Babolat at all. I considered it a complete waste of money. I swore never to buy Gamma natural gut again.

stanfordtennis alum
10-22-2009, 02:29 PM
believe it's made by pacific

psp2
10-22-2009, 08:40 PM

It's made by Pacific as many posts above have mentioned.

number.432
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM
If it is indeed made by Pacific. Playability wise which Pacific would resemble Head NG?