PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Sensation

glpsace
10-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Is Wilson Sensation a soft multi? What about Wilson Rip Control?

I know those are not in the league as Xcel Power and X-1 Biphase but considering the diference price how do the Wilson perform compared to the best multi?
Considering them for my TI80 which needs a very soft string at very high tensions (60 ponds).
Prices in my country are just umbelievably high!!!

Thank you

glpsace
10-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Did I just say Wilson rip control???? Sorry I meant Head Rip Control;)

Keifers
10-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Among less expensive multis, I think there are many choices that are much better than Wilson Sensation, which loses its playability pretty quickly. Yonex 850 and 850 Pro are excellent in performance and value.

Valjean
10-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Is Wilson Sensation a soft multi? What about Wilson Rip Control[sic]l?
I know those are not in the league as Xcel Power and X-1 Biphase but considering the diference price how do the Wilson perform compared to the best multi?....
If looking for a price break I'd go for Alpha's Gut 2000, even Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament, before I'd touch Wilson's Sensation again.

glpsace
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry guys, My fault as I didnīt explained myself.
I know there are better strings. Usually I buy them online from another country in Europe but unfortunetly I have to string a Yonex TI80 tomorrow in a hurry and here I can only find (for softer strings that the TI80 requires) The Head Rip Control and the Wison sensation. I also can have PSGD (but as a synth. string I think is even worse in the TI80 in a one piece job) and Babolat Magic Force. I still think Wilson Sensation to be the best even considering its flaws. Of course PSGD is the cheaper of them all, while the other 3 brands costs me the same. Those are my choices for tomorrow. And the TI80 is so sensitive that needs a soft string at 60 pounds. Never played with any of those strings besides PSGD as a full multi job and honestly I founs PSGD by itself too stiff, that would be even worse in the TI80.

Valjean
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
If you were confused, it was not PSGD, but Prince's latest, their PSGM, that I referred to.

stanfordtennis alum
10-22-2009, 02:27 PM
sensation is indeed a soft, basic multi with very poor durability. IMO, many other better-peforming multis at a fraction of the price

li0scc0
10-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Best low priced soft string...Alpha Gut 2000.

Sensation is not bad, but it breaks really easily. Still, I like it..but not like Alpha Gut 2000. :)

glpsace
10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
well, I managed to find Tecnifibre X-1 Biophase 17 gauge (the natural color) in my local shop. It was a little expensive but at least I go on the safe side and I know that I have a very good multi in my TI80. I asked the stringer 60 pounds on the mains and 58 on the crosses.
Thank you