PDA

View Full Version : What string should I should I get fir my dad?

roddickslammer
10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I am going to string my dad's racquet tomorrow and I would like to know what string I should get. He needs a string that is good on the arm and keeps tension well because he has slight TE and never breaks a string and keeps the string on for about a year. What is the cheapest string that fits these recquirements?

Thanks,

Roddickslammer

Jakedasnake
10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna say Wilson Sensation for the "cheapest", because it's pretty soft and holds its tension well. But if you wanna get a really soft string, I would say Technifibre X-1 Biphase. 15 dollars may seem expensive, but considering it's gonna be in the racquet for a year, I would say that it's worth it.

baek57
10-22-2009, 05:16 PM
sounds like a good candidate for natural gut

davidahenry
10-22-2009, 05:33 PM
sounds like a good candidate for natural gut

Correct- except for the 'What's the cheapest string...' part.

Try Babolat Addiction - nice soft multi for around $9 per set. I don't think Addiction is the best playing multi, but from a value perspective (playability combined with price), it might just be the best multi.

Take care.

DH

meowmix
10-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Since he is your dad, I'd say buy some natural gut. If you're a good stringer, use Global/Gaucho (comes in at 12-15 bucks a set, not horrible), and if you're not so good, go with Pacific Classic or Klip Legend. Sure, it's relatively expensive, but 1. he's your dad 2. you want his arms to last and 3. he's going to be able to play that until it breaks (possibly a year or two in the future). No other string in this world will be able to do the same.