PDA

View Full Version : TecnifibreNRG

tdent
10-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know if this string has a rubbery surface like Wilson NXT, and does it have a breakin period like X-one biphase? I am looking for something to replace Wilson Sensation as the Sensation goes dead after about 15 hours hitting, hoping to find something that has the same type of feel, but longer lasting playability.

hondas2k
10-23-2009, 08:36 AM
i am a 4.5 player. i strung with Tecnifibre NRG2 16 on my Babolat Pure Storm Tour 62lbs. I've been hitting 3 hours last night and it felt awesome. I can generate more power, more death, and very crispy feeling. string move a bit but that wasnt really bothering me. I can generate more spin when i serve and i can serve wherever i can.

Overall, really good string. But I felt like 1.32mm is more thinner than 1.30mm string.

rasajadad
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
No break-in on NRG 2.

Giant Baba
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
What is NRG standing for?

Keifers
10-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know if this string has a rubbery surface like Wilson NXT, and does it have a breakin period like X-one biphase? I am looking for something to replace Wilson Sensation as the Sensation goes dead after about 15 hours hitting, hoping to find something that has the same type of feel, but longer lasting playability.
The surface of NRG is more dry than rubbery. It's a very fine-playing string -- far, far better than Sensation and slightly better than NXT.

The only negative: its playability doesn't last long. Less than X-One. Probably a little less than NXT.

Worth a try just to see how good a multi can be.

GS
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Yep, NRG's playability does not last, probably after a week. Pretty disappointing. And its other playmate, Tecnifibre's 515, a better string overall, got discontinued last year. Guess it's time to try TF's new TGV or some other expensive multi. Too bad string manufacturers don't have the brains to stick with what works, but it looks like they always have to drum up sales with something new.....

Valjean
10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Yep, NRG's playability does not last, probably after a week. Pretty disappointing. And its other playmate, Tecnifibre's 515, a better string overall, got discontinued last year. Guess it's time to try TF's new TGV or some other expensive multi. Too bad string manufacturers don't have the brains to stick with what works, but it looks like they always have to drum up sales with something new.....
Actually, the update for 515 has turned out to be Prince's Premier, the one with Softflex.

v205
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
What's wrong with X-1?

tdent
10-24-2009, 04:46 AM
x-1 biphase is good, but i really hate the break in period. The few few hours of hitting the string is very stiff and then it gets mushy. Its not tension loss either the string behaves just like natural gut and I have tried prestretching it but it doesnt make a difference. Still very boardy on the initial hits. Its a great string after that, long playabiliy. I want a string that is more consistent like the Sensation, but longer playability not durability because I dont break strings that easy.

GS
10-24-2009, 10:54 AM
What's wrong with X-1?

X-1 is a great string, but it's alittle firmer than NRG2 and 515, so it hurt my wrist.

backcourt
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM

Not real gut.

ClubHoUno
10-26-2009, 02:39 PM

NRG = ENERGY

kashgotmoney
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
So would you say NRG is closer to gut than xone?

liftlobby2
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
X-1 is a great string, but it's alittle firmer than NRG2 and 515, so it hurt my wrist.

finally, i have company. on my first hour of hitting and oh man, i am feeling the stiffness of x-1. i guess i will still be hurting my wrist for the next few hours before the x-1 can settle in.

liftlobby2
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
x-1 biphase is good, but i really hate the break in period. The few few hours of hitting the string is very stiff and then it gets mushy. Its not tension loss either the string behaves just like natural gut and I have tried prestretching it but it doesnt make a difference. Still very boardy on the initial hits. Its a great string after that, long playabiliy. I want a string that is more consistent like the Sensation, but longer playability not durability because I dont break strings that easy.

"mushy" in a gd way or bad way? hows NRG's spin potential?

Yenster
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
X-1 does have a break-in period and it isn't pleasant. But after that, it's great.

liftlobby2
10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
X-1 does have a break-in period and it isn't pleasant. But after that, it's great.

we have our string setup exactly! how many hours are you on it already? hows the current state?

ClubHoUno
10-27-2009, 03:29 PM
So would you say NRG is closer to gut than xone?

No, not in my view.

Closest string to gut I've ever played was the Laserfibre Supernarural Gut Prostock. The X-One 1.24 natural color is the second best alternative to gut along with Babolat Xcel Power 17 in my view.

But nothing really plays like great natural gut - that's why I'm a huge Babolat VS NATTY GUT fan :D

But with that said, the X-One 1.24 Natural in a hybrid with a great CoPoly plays really really good for me - sometimes I prefer my racquet with this setup to my Natural gut racquets!
I get very good comfort out of this hybris and a little bit better spin compared to my VS NAT GUT copoly hybrid.

NRG2 is a very good multi, but mot quite on par with X-One Natural for me.