Jeewalk
10-23-2009, 11:20 PM
what are your guys thoughts on it?

Jeewalk
10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Wow 21 views with no posts

Irvin
10-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I would think most of the people that look at this forum are kids and kids don't want to try anything that is not brand name even if it is poly. Therefore, Dunlop is not going to be high on their list. I have tried Explosive 17 only because I got a reel from a friend that got it free and hated it. I used it as a hybrid with Wilson k Gut. It was OK but nothing to rave about. I don't normally use poly strings though.

Irvin

mtommer
10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
You won't find much. I did a search last year some time. Simply put, very few have tried the string. Dunlop and "strings" just aren't synonymous.

Jeewalk
10-24-2009, 08:39 PM
You won't find much. I did a search last year some time. Simply put, very few have tried the string. Dunlop and "strings" just aren't synonymous.

i guess kuz i never found out about this string till i was interested in stringing and wanted to find cheap reels to buy when i get a stringer

DarthCow
10-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Jeewalk,

I've tried this string, and is currently in my non-main Pure Drive.

First thing i'll tell you is that if you string it under 60lbs, you will get massive string movement in the first time you hit with it.
It shifts like no other string I've used strung at 57lbs.
It's been in my racquet for under a week now, and even though its not strung in my main racquet I'm considering cutting them out.
Very soft poly, however doesn't provide you with as much explosiveness as other soft poly's such as Big Ace 16, or SPPP 17. Hardly any spin either.

If you're thinking of buying a reel of cheap poly, consider a reel of Gosen Polyon or Isospeed Baseline rather than this string.

I actually blind tested this string from a local tennis shop who gave me a set. They told me yesterday what it was. This means I'm not biased towards thinking that Dunlop do not make quality strings.

Hope you find it helpful

Jeewalk
10-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey Jeewalk,

I've tried this string, and is currently in my non-main Pure Drive.

First thing i'll tell you is that if you string it under 60lbs, you will get massive string movement in the first time you hit with it.
It shifts like no other string I've used strung at 57lbs.
It's been in my racquet for under a week now, and even though its not strung in my main racquet I'm considering cutting them out.
Very soft poly, however doesn't provide you with as much explosiveness as other soft poly's such as Big Ace 16, or SPPP 17. Hardly any spin either.

If you're thinking of buying a reel of cheap poly, consider a reel of Gosen Polyon or Isospeed Baseline rather than this string.

I actually blind tested this string from a local tennis shop who gave me a set. They told me yesterday what it was. This means I'm not biased towards thinking that Dunlop do not make quality strings.

Hope you find it helpful

hey thanks that really helps i will look at those 2 strings

thanks again

onehandbh
12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I've been using dunlop explosiv 17g for the last 2 years in hybrid w/
gosen sheep micro. poly in the main. I like it b/c it offers pretty good
feel for a poly. Some of the softer ones are way too mushy for me.
I must have no nerve endings in my hands b/c I like using bare fairway
with no overgrip and also no string dampener.
I've been using the following setup:

PS85
dunlop main 17g 55 lbs
gosen cross 17g 57 lbs.

btw, I like lux big banger and lux alu power rough much more but I'm too
cheap to buy a reel of it. The reel of dunlop & gosen lasted me a little over
a year. I'd say I averaged playing about 1x a week this past year. Maybe
more in some months and less in others. So that's not bad. A little over
a $100 for the year. I tried cyberpower polys and they broke way too
fast and didn't have as good of feel to me.