PDA

View Full Version : Polyfibre Viper vs. TCS

Toad
10-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone has hit with both Polyfibre Viper and TCS and could compare them. I am trying to find a good poly to keep in stock for my customers and basically want a poly that is moderately durable, very soft (most important), and has good tension maintenance. After a lot of searching I came across both of these as good candidates.

I am going to try both of them out myself, but I also have one of my customers who wants his racket restrung right now that I want to test one of these out on. Right now I am leaning towards putting Viper in his racket since, from all I have found, it has very good tension maintenance compared to TCS and they are both about equally soft.

I also came across ISOSPEED Energetic Plus while searching for a durable soft string...I figure this might be a good multi to keep in stock. Does anyone have any experience with this string? Should I use this one instead of the poly in the customers racket? I am a little worried about the durability of this one.

Just for reference this person is currently using full Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 and is having no elbow problems with it (but is breaking it in a little under a month).

PROTENNIS63
10-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I have tried the TCS and it is an ok string. Nice soft feeling and good pop but tension maintenance is terrible. Either way both of those strings are expensive. Take a look at some other soft polys that are cheaper such as Topspin Cyber blue or Genesis Black Magic.

I played with Iso-Speed Professional like 4 years ago and it was a nice string. Breaks too quick for me now though.

diredesire
10-24-2009, 07:56 PM
TCS is probably not a great choice if you're looking for tension maintenance. And I love the string ;)

I personally like Signum Pro Poly Plasma (and variants) for "tension maintenance." While the tension maintenance characteristics are similar to other polys, I don't feel like they change much in terms of feel over time, whereas other polys are pretty terrible about it.

Toad
10-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the responses. I took a look at the Cyber Blue, and from reviews it looks just as good as the Viper but $4 cheaper. I think I will give a Cyber Blue/Gosen OGSM hybrid to my customer...ordered some Weiss Cannon Silverstring, Polyfibre Viper, and Signum Pro Poly-Plasma for my testing as well.