PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Finding Crosses

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 05:26 PM
I have found the GOAT main string for myself so far and that is Tecnifibre Black Code 17. For my crosses, I have tried X-One Biphase and NRG2. I dont like how x one is initially stiff and softens up a lil bit. I like how NRG2 is lively and soft but dont like how it goes dead. Can you reccomend me a multi under 20 dollars that has good power, not too much of break in and goes dead the least.

ryangoring
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey kash have you tried it out with either TF Multifeel or Prosupex Maxim Touch?

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I dont like the pro sopex at all. About the multifeel, i felt as if it was too stiff or not enough power. i think it is because of the polyester center core

ryangoring
10-24-2009, 06:12 PM
ah i see.
what about a syngut?
or natual gut?
you know that global and gaucho are pretty cheap

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I have tried syn gut. Where would i be able to buy a set of global or gaucho? i am curious and want to try it out

ryangoring
10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
you can find the global on e b a y and they are shipped from india
gaucho is based in the usa:
http://www.gauchostrings.com/

ClubHoUno
10-24-2009, 07:04 PM
If you don't break strings before after the 15 hour mark, I would suggest a Babolat VS NATTY GUT HYBRID.

I only use a multi in my wet weather racquets, because Babolat VS nat gut is a superior string. I use 32 Babolat tsring savers in all my string setups, surrounding the sweetspot in a specialized pattern to prolong the life of the nat gut strings and it works.

Without the use of string savers, I get 6-8 hours out of a CoPoly-VS nat gut hybrid. With the use of string savers, I get 12-15 hours :D

You could try my current favorite multi, Babolat Xcel Power. It's better than the Xcel Premium and also a bit more expensive.
But besides this multi, I don't see any one better than the X1 - the Wilson Kgut Pro is an awful multi in my view, especially considering the high price.

As a side question - have you tested other Copolys besides the Tecnifibre Black Code, like for instance the Msv Hex Focus, the Signum Tornado, the Weiss Cannon Turbo Twist ?
How does the Black Code perform for you in term of tension stability and spin/control ?

15-0
10-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Have you tried Xcel Power?

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 08:22 PM
If you don't break strings before after the 15 hour mark, I would suggest a Babolat VS NATTY GUT HYBRID.

I only use a multi in my wet weather racquets, because Babolat VS nat gut is a superior string. I use 32 Babolat tsring savers in all my string setups, surrounding the sweetspot in a specialized pattern to prolong the life of the nat gut strings and it works.

Without the use of string savers, I get 6-8 hours out of a CoPoly-VS nat gut hybrid. With the use of string savers, I get 12-15 hours :D

You could try my current favorite multi, Babolat Xcel Power. It's better than the Xcel Premium and also a bit more expensive.
But besides this multi, I don't see any one better than the X1 - the Wilson Kgut Pro is an awful multi in my view, especially considering the high price.

As a side question - have you tested other Copolys besides the Tecnifibre Black Code, like for instance the Msv Hex Focus, the Signum Tornado, the Weiss Cannon Turbo Twist ?
How does the Black Code perform for you in term of tension stability and spin/control ?

Hey thanks for the detailed response. If you dont know me, tension retention is A MUST in polys for me. I have found that The Tecnifibre Pro Red Code to have the best tension out of any poly I have tried and Black Code is right below it. I dont notice to much added spin on the black code but I do notice a difference. I have not tried The tornado yet but I have tried MSV. The msv has a little more spin but less tension retention. I just believe That black code is better over all.

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Also, I used to break strings every 5-8 hours with my old racket which was 16x18 but with the prestige, its about every 12-15 hours

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 09:37 PM
also clubhouno, can you post pics of your setup with string savers? or do u have a link to it?

elee3
10-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm using Weiss Cannon Explosiv right now with the Black Code. Explosiv is a very high powered multi and this setup overall is lasting very well.

ClubHoUno
10-24-2009, 10:33 PM
also clubhouno, can you post pics of your setup with string savers? or do u have a link to it?

Sorry, can't find the pics I took of my string saver pattern - and my 2 tennis bags is at my girlfriends condo :)
I change the pattern a bit from time to time, but all in all, it's circa the same pattern I use.

I've posted pics of my string saver pattern in here several times - do a search. Type in something like "babolat string saver" and maybe "string saver pattern" and you find some of the posts, where I've posted very detailed photos of the pattern I use.

I took some pica last year, where I had the Head Microgel Prestige Pro racquets.........very detailed close up pics.

I start out with a center pattern of 4x4, then I add 4 extra to the right, to the left, to the top and to the bottom of this pattern. The I add 2 to the left, to the right, to the the top and to the bottom of the pattern. Finally I install a Zig Zag pattern of 4 anf thrn 5 and then 4 to above the pattern, something Fedeere also does, because you tend to hit the top of the strings, when you serve and smash.

A GREAT SIDE EFFECT TO THIS is that the string saver pattern also helps minimize string movement a LOT !
You also get some more spin, because the string savers will lift each string up a bit, and this will produce a tiny bit of extra spin.
It stiffens up the stringbed quite a bit - I guess that I get 1.5 - 2 kg extra tension from it (equal to 3 - 4 lbs)

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks. I have tried Xcel power before and no durability at all and it doesnt have as much feel as Tecnifibre. What do you think of Gamma Live Wire Xp, Gamma Proffesional?

Also, anyone here try the signum pro tornado or the gamma zo twist? I would love feedback on the tension maintenance and spin

ClubHoUno
10-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks. I have tried Xcel power before and no durability at all and it doesnt have as much feel as Tecnifibre. What do you think of Gamma Live Wire Xp, Gamma Proffesional?

Also, anyone here try the signum pro hyperion or the gamma zo twist? I would love feedback on the tension maintenance and spin

Gamma Professional Spin is also one great multi, but has lousy tension stability.

The Signum Pro Hyperion is my favorite CoPoly at the moment, together with the Signum Pro Tornado.

The Hyperion does not have the spin pattern, the Tornado, The Black Code and TirboTwist strings have, but still produces great spin. The Tornado is very soft for a CoPoly and some CoPoly users may not like it because of how soft it feels, while some multi and synth gut users will love the Tornado.

The Hyperion is right in between - not as spinny as the Tornado, but still plenty of spin and nice control, and the Hyperion has the best tension stability of any CoPoly string I've tested. It's phenomonal in this regard. Also has good pop for a CoPoly.
Try it and compare it to the Black Code, you may find that you actually prefer the Hyperion :)

kashgotmoney
10-24-2009, 11:23 PM
so from best tension maintenance to worst, how would u put the following?
black code, red code, hyperion, tornado.

and for spin from greatest to least. how would u put em?

ClubHoUno
10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
so from best tension maintenance to worst, how would u put the following?
black code, red code, hyperion, tornado.

and for spin from greatest to least. how would u put em?

Tension stabilty/maintenance:

1. Signum Pro Hyperion - AWESOME TENSION RETENTION
2. Tecnifibre Red Code
3. Tecnifibre Black Code
4. Signum Pro Tornado - but this string still has very very good tension retention

Spin:

1. Tecnifibre Black Code
2. Signum Pro Tornado
3. Signum Pro Hyperion
4. Tecnifibre Red Code

kashgotmoney
10-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks, I will give the hyperion a try. as for crosses, i can see you use prince recoil. i have noticed that they brought the price down from 25 to 16 dollars. how is that string in terms of tension maintenance? I was thinking of crossing it with black code/.....

kashgotmoney
10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
as far as msv focus hex 1.18 goes...where does it fall on the list u gave me above for tension and spin?

kashgotmoney
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
any more reccomendation on crosses? and i just ordered some torando and msv hex1.24

i just need some crosses, quickly please. and any comments on the msv

kashgotmoney
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I am actually going to stick to x one biphase because the reason i wanted to switch was for more power and that was the first time i played after having the swine flu for 2 weeks. i was really weak. now that i am back to my normal tennis and going to the gym and conditioning everyday, i love it again. thanks for all the help you guys. i just recieved some 1.23 tornado and msv focus hex today so i will be trying it out. if i dont like them better than black code, then ima stick to what i believe to be the goat poly of all the polys i have tried