PDA

View Full Version : X-one Biphase 1.24

15-0
10-25-2009, 05:57 AM
What are your thoughts on this string? Hows the control and spin? Should i hybrid it with alu?

DownTheLine
10-25-2009, 05:59 AM
I haven't tried it but I want to. I have heard 99 good things about and 1 bad thing.

fuzz nation
10-25-2009, 06:23 AM
I'd only tell you that it sucks if I wanted more for myself!

Nice string - a rather un-mushy multi with nice pop, bite, and feel. If you're a big hitter with that Speedport Black, you might get a pretty hot stringbed if you went with a full set of this stuff, though. I'd say that if you're used to hybrids, then stick with that layout. I'd be more inclined to use a full set of this string in a really flexible, mellow frame like the TW edition of the Donnay Pro One.

Search around in this category and look up some of the feedback on the string in the TW page to at least see how other users are setting it up in their gear. I prefer a simple 17 gauge syn. gut in most of my racquets these days (Volkl C10), but the X-one is a multi that I've really enjoyed on occasion.

ClubHoUno
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
The X1 1.24 natural works great for me in a hybrid with the X1 in the crosses for comfort, feel and power and the Signum Pro Tornado 1.17 Spin CoPoly in the mains for spin and control.

I get 8-10 good hours out of this combo before the X1 breaks - it doesn't die within this period.

Testing this and Xcel Power 17 gauge as my 2 favorite multis for my wet weather racquet hybrids.

liftlobby2
10-25-2009, 10:58 PM
i just got a full bed of x-1 17g @57lbs and been hitting for about 1 hr on it. i must say that the power is really good.

its surprising that i feel the strings to be very stiff. i spoke to my stringer about it and he was also surprise to hear that. but anyway, i will hit for a few more hours before i can really conclude anything. perhaps a hybrid would be ideal? idk?

KenC
10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
its surprising that i feel the strings to be very stiff. i spoke to my stringer about it and he was also surprise to hear that. but anyway, i will hit for a few more hours before i can really conclude anything. perhaps a hybrid would be ideal? idk?

It definitely is a crisp playing string and it is surprisingly easy on the arm at lower tensions. The first hour with the string is the worst, then it breaks in nicely and plays really well until it breaks. I get about 20 hours of play before they break. I wouldn't bother with a hybrid, a full bed of this string is a real joy to hit with.

If you really can't stand the crisp feel you may want to consider Babolat XCel Power strings.

liftlobby2
10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
It definitely is a crisp playing string and it is surprisingly easy on the arm at lower tensions. The first hour with the string is the worst, then it breaks in nicely and plays really well until it breaks. I get about 20 hours of play before they break. I wouldn't bother with a hybrid, a full bed of this string is a real joy to hit with.

If you really can't stand the crisp feel you may want to consider Babolat XCel Power strings.

your words are soothing to my ears. thanks man! i didnt wanted to be the odd one out by giving a bad comment to x-1. i did consider babolat xcel power, but my stringer ran out of it.

DrpShot!
10-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I think its stiffer and more mellow than NRG, with a bigger swing you can dial up the power and stay in control. I feel the ball can sail more with NRG on big cuts. Very little arm pain - not as soft as NRG but not as harsh as a poly - overall a very good string.

Shangri La
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
How is the string movement with a full bed of X1-biphase? And can anyone compare it with the K-gut?

Soomerstime
11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
In have a full bed of them in my Yonex RDS 003 and I have had them strung up since the end of Sept at the end of my girls team season. I have played once a week since, if not twice and yesterday was the first time I had strings start to move. Granted I am not playing daily but they seem to hold up.

liftlobby2
11-07-2009, 06:27 PM
your words are soothing to my ears. thanks man! i didnt wanted to be the odd one out by giving a bad comment to x-1. i did consider babolat xcel power, but my stringer ran out of it.

the full bed of x-1 is settling now really nicely. think it can go a little softer still, which will be great. string movement is excellent, they do really hold up very well. the only bad thing now is that i get this high pitch "thunk" sound which is a little irritating to my ears.

KenC
11-09-2009, 04:12 AM
the full bed of x-1 is settling now really nicely. think it can go a little softer still, which will be great. string movement is excellent, they do really hold up very well. the only bad thing now is that i get this high pitch "thunk" sound which is a little irritating to my ears.

I get that "ping" sound a lot too when I play outdoors and lit with topspin. Indoors its a nice cracking sound!

I used X-One at 55lbs and they played really well on the PDGT, which is spec'ed similar to your APDC.

By the way, I recently tried TF MultiFeel 17g strings and really like them. They play similarly to X-One but are slightly less powered feeling and a little less crisp. You may want to give them a try. They cost a lot less.

liftlobby2
11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I get that "ping" sound a lot too when I play outdoors and lit with topspin. Indoors its a nice cracking sound!

I used X-One at 55lbs and they played really well on the PDGT, which is spec'ed similar to your APDC.

By the way, I recently tried TF MultiFeel 17g strings and really like them. They play similarly to X-One but are slightly less powered feeling and a little less crisp. You may want to give them a try. They cost a lot less.

i think so too! i hit at a more enclosed court and i think the sound is transforming to something that you described, "crackling"!

thanks for the suggestion! will give it a try if possible.

liftlobby2
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM

a damper did the job. no more "pings". hurray!

Djoker_69
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
The X1 1.24 natural works great for me in a hybrid with the X1 in the crosses for comfort, feel and power and the Signum Pro Tornado 1.17 Spin CoPoly in the mains for spin and control.

I get 8-10 good hours out of this combo before the X1 breaks - it doesn't die within this period.

Testing this and Xcel Power 17 gauge as my 2 favorite multis for my wet weather racquet hybrids.

8-10 hours i play that match in 1 day

Stannie
11-15-2009, 01:53 AM
When I use to use the wilson nBlade, I loved Xi-Biphase in the mains and syn gut on the crosses.

v205
11-15-2009, 02:57 AM
I love it (X-1@59 lbs 1.30 16g) as a full bed in my Donnay P1-International... and it was after trying out many variants of hybrid with X-1 in the mains. It seems to give me consistent feedback and feel to allow good communication between player and racket. I'm sticking with it for now.

X-1 and Multifeel (good control but maybe a bit muted and less power)
X-1 and Yonex 850 Pro (doesn't feel right for some reason)

*Also tried full Gaucho@60lbs... can't control the trampoline effect. Cut out the cross and put in Cyberflash@56lbs and balls are still flying.

JackB1
11-16-2009, 07:28 AM
i just got a full bed of x-1 17g @57lbs and been hitting for about 1 hr on it. i must say that the power is really good.

XOne has a "break in" period of about an hour, where they feel very stiff. After that, they feel great, but that first hour can be enough to retrigger some elbow pain. That is why I switched to Babalot Excel. No break in and same soft feel and a little cheaper. I loved XOne, but I hate that break in period. You can also leave the new strung strings on the racquet for a few days and that will lesson the break in.

Matt H.
11-16-2009, 08:23 AM
I play a hybrid of X-1 17g in the mains and Alu Rough in the crosses.

I think it's an ideal set-up. An economical/poor man's version of the gut/lux combo.

After a few years of testing all kinds of strings, i've settled and stocked up big time with alu rough reels and a few dozen packs of X-1.

JackB1
11-17-2009, 08:44 AM
I have 2 sets of red XOne 17. If anyone wants a good deal on em, let me know.

Shangri La
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
This string sounds really tempting ...

Fedace
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
X-1 has some nice power. but sometimes it just pops off with too much power.....not sure why?

boogywhip
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
how would it feel with the x-one in the mains and gosen OG sheep in the crosses?

liftlobby2
11-19-2009, 12:14 AM
XOne has a "break in" period of about an hour, where they feel very stiff. After that, they feel great, but that first hour can be enough to retrigger some elbow pain. That is why I switched to Babalot Excel. No break in and same soft feel and a little cheaper. I loved XOne, but I hate that break in period. You can also leave the new strung strings on the racquet for a few days and that will lesson the break in.

i'm not too sure about the "leave string on racquet for a few days, will reduce break-in" but its not so much of a problem for me, I guess. Perhaps during the break-in phase, I will reduce the power to my swing, just to get the strings going. (I played real hard in the break-in phase on my current x-one) Excel might be too soft a choice for me. But if my tennis elbow strikes again, I will definitely try Excel.