PDA

View Full Version : Roddick told Monfils "you're not good enough to be that cocky"

viktorkwan
10-25-2009, 09:28 AM
All class Andy...as usual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjQZ2t70nrY

skyzoo
10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
And the frenchman gets what he deserves

Noveson
10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh wow, that was an interesting clip. Roddick lashing out what a surprise.

Noveson
10-25-2009, 09:32 AM
And the frenchman gets what he deserves

Hah he didn't do anything? He just smiled.

RCizzle65
10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Hah he didn't do anything? He just smiled.

If you watch a Monfils match you know how much he showboats and celebrates...

Vyse
10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
hes entertaining none the less.

LiveForever
10-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I agree. Monfils deserves it. He can be such a cocky ahole on court. He can be up on you 5-2 and still throw a huge celebration for a random winner. Great to see Federer silence him in straights.

DRII
10-25-2009, 09:55 AM

Its a Texas thing!

at least not in the white house anymore!

SuperDuy
10-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I hate monfils, jumps around the court like a monkey. When he get s point.

Ross K
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Having never been court-side at Wimbly or Roland Garros or where ever before, it makes me wonder if there's a bit more banter and even insults between the pros not usually picked up on mic, during games than one might think?

JeMar
10-25-2009, 10:02 AM
No, this time it's true. I hate how Monfils acts on the court. He more than deserved that.

big bang
10-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Monfils is a jerk, probably the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen..

Claudius
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Roddick, Monfils has a better ground game than you will ever have.

All-rounder
10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Monfils just smiled, he didn't say anything to roddick and he didn't look at him. So I don't know why Roddick had the nerve to say that. Maybe if Roddick had the game to beat Monfils on clay then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

LiveForever
10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Well Monfils will be lucky if he ever even gets close to achieving what Roddick has in his career.

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, Roddick's one to talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5pPcoITYY

Claudius
10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Looks like someone has an inferiority complex.

Jchurch
10-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Monfils was acting like a ***** the whole match. There was no reason for his celebrations and trying to pump the crowd up like that.

All-rounder
10-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Monfils was acting like a ***** the whole match. There was no reason for his celebrations and trying to pump the crowd up like that.
He's using it to his advantage to throw off roddick and it worked Andy murray did the same against him at wimbledon but it failed since pushing can't win you anything lol :)

Claudius
10-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Thank God Federer puts Roddick in his place. I can't imagine how cocky he would've been had Federer not existed.

MajinX
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Monfils was being a dick during this game, roddick coulda said much much worst. In fact all he did was speak the truth, since monfils got straight setted in the next match.

Jchurch
10-25-2009, 10:33 AM
He's using it to his advantage to throw off roddick and it worked Andy murray did the same against him at wimbledon but it failed since pushing can't win you anything lol :)

This isn't the Davis Cup. You don't get the crowd into it like that. If the crowd wants to do it themselves, that is one thing, but you don't do something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t34abX-5WE

Yes that was a hell of a play, but there is no reason to celebrate like that.

DRII
10-25-2009, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=LiveForever;4053992]I agree. Monfils deserves it. He can be such a cocky ahole on court...

uhm, roddick surely should not be the guy to point that out!

pot calling the kettle black would be an understatement!

DRII
10-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Thank God Federer puts Roddick in his place. I can't imagine how cocky he would've been had Federer not existed.

about as cocky as Federer is now...

yet not nearly as understated!

All-rounder
10-25-2009, 10:38 AM
about as cocky as Federer is now...

yet not nearly as understated!
How is Federer cocky ???

dwhiteside
10-25-2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPfziz3dOS4&feature=related

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Roddick crying while getting his a** whooped, not surprising. Like they say, sportsmanship is how you act when you lose, not when you win. Roddick has zero.

Mick
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
yeah but even if federer was cocky, he's good enough to be cocky :D

thejoe
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Good for him. Monfils walks round acting like he's 'it' the whole time. Maybe if he had more than the two puny titles he has he could act like he's better than Roddick.

Annika
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Roddick crying while getting his a** whooped, not surprising. Like they say, sportsmanship is how you act when you lose, not when you win. Roddick has zero.

And Serena was a good example of that. :shock:

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Wait wait wait, Roddick's doing the wrong thing here by calling Monfils out?

Let me remind you Monfils was already absolutely destroying Roddick, and Roddick could care less about what was going on. Monfils already up like a double break in the 3rd, proceeds to showboat, and incite the crowd, and acting like a total jackass.

Could you really imagine Nadal doing that against Federer in the FO final of 2008? Yeah, there would be tons of backlash. Yet Monfils gets a free pass because he's playing Roddick. Nice double standards people.

JeMar
10-25-2009, 11:33 AM
You guys that are defending Monfils obviously didn't see the match.

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 11:37 AM

It was pretty disgusting. I'm surprised at how controlled Roddick was actually. Usually he can get pretty nasty in situations like this.

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Many people inside the locker room dont like roddick. I wouldnt be surprised if monfils was one of them. Remember, roddick is the same guy who wouldnt let blake (bad back) fly back on his private jet from russia in davis cup. He is an a**hole, and deserves to be treated like one.

Its not like he was Pavel vs agassi at the us open where the crowd was insulting pavel's family.

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Many people inside the locker room dont like roddick. I wouldnt be surprised if monfils was one of them. Remember, roddick is the same guy who wouldnt let blake (bad back) fly back on his private jet from russia in davis cup. He is an a**hole, and deserves to be treated like one.

Its not like he was Pavel vs agassi at the us open where the crowd was insulting pavel's family.

Proof please.

stoble
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with most of you on this match. If you saw that match you are most likely no longer supporting Monfils against any player. I'd like to compare him to the NBA's JR Smith. He hits some great shots but not nearly enough to make his behavior acceptable.

Telepatic
10-25-2009, 11:57 AM

One would imagine male Serena but nah..Roddick aint that low.

p.s- Im not racist btw

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 12:47 PM

I saw the match, and Roddick was complaining the whole time about everything. The light, the crowd, Monfils, the umpire...Roddick was being a massive crybaby the entire match.

Monfils was doing the normal 'Monfils' thing, and Roddick let it get to him. Monfils wasn't doing anything outside of the rules.

fluffy Beaver
10-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I saw the match, and Roddick was complaining the whole time about everything. The light, the crowd, Monfils, the umpire...Roddick was being a massive crybaby the entire match.

Monfils was doing the normal 'Monfils' thing, and Roddick let it get to him. Monfils wasn't doing anything outside of the rules.

Everyone already knows you're one of the biggest Roddick hater on the board so obviously you're going to defend Monfils. This is why you suck at arguing, you don't look at the facts, you are just biased in everything you post.

Cesc Fabregas
10-25-2009, 12:54 PM

There was no need for Monflis to do what he was doing, he was destroying Roddick it wasn't some close 5 set match. No need to kick a man when he is down.

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 01:03 PM
There was no need for Monflis to do what he was doing, he was destroying Roddick it wasn't some close 5 set match. No need to kick a man when he is down.

Agreed. But Roddick's always whining about something, and it's not like he's the picture of sportsmanship out there all the time. Roddick definitely uses Home Court advantage here for the USO, so why can't Monfils at the FO?

I'm not saying that Monfils was right in his actions, just making the point - Roddick always finds something to complain about when he loses. This time it just happened to be Monfils.

fluffy Beaver
10-25-2009, 01:06 PM

As you can see, just on the first page searching Roddick under JamesblakeFan

This post was posted under Best high backhand overhead
Roddick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5H5pIHfl_M&NR=1

:lol:

In addressing this post.
I'm a strong believer that huge serves work on grass. Also, Americans have a fairly easy transition to grass and I think Roddick showed he is more than capable of winning Wimbledon in his epic match against Roger. Look for Andy "The Rocket" Roddick to win 2010 Wimbledon :)

There's only one Rocket, sir. And that's the great Rod Laver.

Another cheap shot at Roddick
You must have missed it...he ducked a backhand overhead volley like 10 feet wide into the doubles alley...ala Roddick @ Wimbledon. :lol:

And more so
Correct, peak Hewitt > peak Roddick, as evidenced by their h2h during this time period. Heck even now a past prime Hewitt still gives Roddick troubles.

Noting Roddick won't even be top 5 seed for Wimbledon come on...
How? He sucks on clay compared to Fed, Rafa, Nole, JMDP, and Murray, he definitely won't be a top 5 seed by the time Wimbledon comes, his CC results won't be strong enough.

Another cheap shot
Another slam or two is a pipe dream, he'll be happy to reach another final at this point.

Wimbledon and USO this year were his best shots, and his flaming out at the USO made me lose a lot of faith in his ability to win another slam.

fluffy Beaver
10-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Agreed. But Roddick's always whining about something, and it's not like he's the picture of sportsmanship out there all the time. Roddick definitely uses Home Court advantage here for the USO, so why can't Monfils at the FO?

I'm not saying that Monfils was right in his actions, just making the point - Roddick always finds something to complain about when he loses. This time it just happened to be Monfils.

If you agree that Monfils shouldn't be doing these antics, then why are you still finding a way for Roddick to be in the wrong? Then officially you are not agreeing are you?

There is always that "but" in your post even though you "agree" with others. Doesn't work that way.

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 01:19 PM
As a fan i find monfils very entertaining.

Alot of people dont like roddick, stop acting like its a crime.

What exactly is wrong with monfils antics aside from him using them against your favorite player? Celebrations arent allowed anymore when its pretty boy roddick?

Here is where you guys completely miss the point. Were the fans happy? Thats the excuse given at the us open when a non Us player gets abused there.

fluffy Beaver
10-25-2009, 01:20 PM
As a fan i find monfils very entertaining.

Alot of people dont like roddick, stop acting like its a crime.

What exactly is wrong with monfils antics aside from him using them against your favorite player? Celebrations arent allowed anymore when its pretty boy roddick?

Here is where you guys completely miss the point. Were the fans happy? Thats the excuse given at the us open when a non Us player gets abused there.

Everyone already knows your history, you are not worth the talking to.

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok, so I'm not the biggest Roddick fan. ARREST ME! :shock:

Jeez man talk about trolling, you take all this time to pull up what everyone already knows. Does it really matter if I do or do not like Roddick? Funny how you didn't pull these posts up...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=279225

Just appeared on "PTI" on ESPN. Here's some quotes:

On whether he was encouraged or discouraged by Wimbledon:

"Probably both. Discouraged short term, encouraged long term. Obviously I was pretty sad and realized how close I was, but I showed that I can actually play some tennis again, and that was good."

On Roger's "I know how you feel" comment:

"He (Roger) said, 'Andy, I know how you feel, I lost last year', and I said, 'Well that was a first for you' (laughs). I know he kinda knew how I felt, but I'd probably feel a lot better about it if I had already won five"

On the motivation for his changes this season:

"People want some revolutionary kind of answer, but I'm just sitting there November last year, and I'm losing ground to not only Federer and Nadal, but 4 or 5 other guys. I certainly felt that way. And it's OK, are you going to sit here and be content with that, or are you going to explore every avenue as far as changing that. To me the answer seemed pretty obvious."

On keeping perspective:

"After Wimbledon, I see people on the street say to me 'I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry' and I'm just like, no it's ok. Everything's still pretty good, I've always had a good sense of perspective. I'm probably one of the lucky ones and I certainly realize that regardless of that one result"

I'll post a link to the interview as soon as it comes up. :)

We all know Roddick can be rude to chair umpires at times. No need to bring that up in a thread where he's discussing the great season he's had so far.

He's also done tons of work for charity and helps the game of tennis grow here in America. I'm pretty sure you don't know Roddick personally to be calling him a tool, so leave the hate out of this thread.

But yeah, I despise Roddick. Ban me immediately mods. Though it is NOT against the rules to not like players, it IS against the rules to troll against fellow posters off topic. Keep that in mind sillybeaver. ;)

ubermeyer
10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
monfils is funny

fluffy Beaver
10-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok, so I'm not the biggest Roddick fan. ARREST ME! :shock:

Jeez man talk about trolling, you take all this time to pull up what everyone already knows. Does it really matter if I do or do not like Roddick? Funny how you didn't pull these posts up...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=279225

But yeah, I despise Roddick. Ban me immediately mods. Though it is NOT against the rules to not like players, it IS against the rules to troll against fellow posters off topic. Keep that in mind sillybeaver. ;)

ahaha, you have post ONE post defending Roddick as to hundreds attacking Roddick. I rest my case.

And it wasn't about pulling up what "everyone" knows about Roddick, it was to show you just go in random threads to bash Roddick was the point, not whether people should or should not like Roddick. I could care less if you or anyone else likes Roddick, but you're argument in this thread is dumb and showed your heavily biased thoughts cloud your judgment simple as that.

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
If the case is your stupidity, it was closed december 2006...

RCizzle65
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM

Any proof to this?

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
ahaha, you have post ONE post defending Roddick as to hundreds attacking Roddick. I rest my case.

Yeah, making fun of the BH overhead means I despise Roddick. :roll:

And saying peak Hewitt > peak Roddick makes me a troll? Why since 1 is suddenly > 2 :confused:

Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list, since you think I'm such a big troll.

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
monfils is pathetically cocky, but hes not worth even taking seriously hes become such a joke; did you see him yelling at himself in triumph after every point he won v nadal at the us open/ and then he fades like a lil girl with no energy left in the 4th set, he truly is the dumbest player ive ever seen (and he has the dumbest coach ive ever seen to match, roger rasheed)

Kick Serve 14
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
is it wrong that i enjoyed what roddick said?

P_Agony
10-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Hey dude, that avatar of yours looks familiar. :)

some6uy008
10-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Its not like he was Pavel vs agassi at the us open where the crowd was insulting pavel's family.Any proof to this?

From the lack of responses, I'm guess there is no proof.

Edit: A quick google suggest Roddick doesn't even have his own private Jet. As a matter of fact, seems like Fed is the only one that does at the moment.

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 01:54 PM
From the lack of responses, I'm guess there is no proof.

Edit: A quick google suggest Roddick doesn't even have his own private Jet. As a matter of fact, seems like Fed is the only one that does at the moment.

"I don't like him," said Ljubicic, who found himself on the wrong end of a 6-3 6-7 6-3 7-6 scoreline after an exciting contest in Arthur Ashe Stadium. "Nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. Every single player said to me, 'Good luck, kick his ***'. He's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches. But he doesn't respect the others."

Learn how to search the web...

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 01:59 PM
"I don't like him," said Ljubicic, who found himself on the wrong end of a 6-3 6-7 6-3 7-6 scoreline after an exciting contest in Arthur Ashe Stadium. "Nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. Every single player said to me, 'Good luck, kick his ***'. He's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches. But he doesn't respect the others."

Dude, Ljubicic hates everyone. Are you kidding me?

Baikalic
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM

I'm glad you edited your last sentence, there's no need to insult other posters...

IMO the onus is on the owner of a claim to provide proof, not those who question the claim. Thanks for the quote.

Again though, this is proof from one person. How can we know every person in the locker room feels this way?

some6uy008
10-25-2009, 02:07 PM

sooo... where's proof for the jet comment?

In addition, congrats on finding a quote that's over 6years old, from ONE guy.

Edit: Before you get too worked up, generally, it is expected that you provide proof for your claims. Otherwise, I could just simply say Clijster can beat Federer blind-folded on her worse day and it'd be as true of a statement as any other.

pound cat
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Monfils likely had no what cocky means, and may have had the wrong idea of what Roddick said to him. He may have understood part of the word in which case he would have been quite shocked.

Roddick is first clas. A first class jerk.

ubermeyer
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah yeah roddick snapped and i can't blame him. Monfils is just a fail with 2 career titles at the age of 23.

You're just a fail with no career titles of any kind in your life.

big bang
10-25-2009, 02:26 PM

Edit: Before you get too worked up, generally, it is expected that you provide proof for your claims. Otherwise, I could just simply say Clijster can beat Federer blind-folded on her worse day and it'd be as true of a statement as any other.

Clijsters actually beat Federer once blindfolded inside Roddicks jet.. didnt you hear this? it was on ESPN:)

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 02:28 PM

Ill take "what is google" for $100 alex...

Welcome aboard a very exclusive tw club, grats.

some6uy008
10-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Ill take "what is google" for $100 alex...

Welcome aboard a very exclusive tw club, grats.

What's funny is I said "A quick google suggest Roddick doesn't even have his own private Jet. As a matter of fact, seems like Fed is the only one that does at the moment."

And you came back with "I don't like him," said Ljubicic, who found himself on the wrong end of a 6-3 6-7 6-3 7-6 scoreline after an exciting contest in Arthur Ashe Stadium. "Nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. Every single player said to me, 'Good luck, kick his ***'. He's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches. But he doesn't respect the others."

If you bothered reading, I never said I searched for if anybody hated Roddick. :oops:

Toxicmilk
10-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Monfils was being himself liking his own crowrd and Roddick just got really frustrated, can't we just leave it at that? Every player gets caught up sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9X48FqmoJI

sdont
10-25-2009, 02:33 PM

I agree with you. Remember his match against Kohlshreiber at the AO?

As a fan of both players, I think it's no big deal and found the whole thing quite funny. Roddick should have been happy to be in the FO fourth round for the first time in his career. But Monfils was utterly outplaying him in this match, and Roddick was a sore loser. Monfils's antics weren't directed at Roddick, he's a natural showman, moreso in front of his home crowd (he's not only a Frenchman but also from Paris). Roddick had no answers in the game and he was frustated. Being himself, his only answer was to whine about everything, which didn't help him anyway. The only thing he was right about, was beating Roddick on clay is nothing to brag about.

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 02:37 PM

As a fan of both players, I think it's no big deal and found the whole thing quite funny. Roddick should have been happy to be in the FO fourth round for the first time in his career. But Monfils was utterly outplaying him in this match, and Roddick was a sore loser. Monfils's antics weren't directed at Roddick, he's a natural showman, moreso in front of his home crowd (he's not only a Frenchman but also from Paris). Roddick had no answers in the game and he was frustated. Being himself, his only answer was to whine about everything, which didn't help him anyway. The only thing he was right about, was beating Roddick on clay is nothing to brag about.

No, Monfils antics were clearly ridiculous and beyond border line. Would you be singing the same tune if Nadal was doing this to Federer? No, you wouldn't. Just because it's Roddick on the other side of the net, everyone agrees it was well deserved for some odd reason.

big bang
10-25-2009, 02:43 PM

Monfils is disgusting as a sportsman, even the commentators on eurosport where shocked by the way he acted. Roddick should have thrown a 150 mph PDR right in his face!! and I dont even like Roddick, but watching this match made me hate Monfils as the only player on tour..

sdont
10-25-2009, 02:46 PM
No, Monfils antics were clearly ridiculous and beyond border line. Would you be singing the same tune if Nadal was doing this to Federer? No, you wouldn't. Just because it's Roddick on the other side of the net, everyone agrees it was well deserved for some odd reason.

I didn't say it was well deserved. But as far as I remember, it wasn't anything to be shocked about either. Monfils made some incredible shots in this match. Monfils antics are what they are. Both players were just being themselves in this match.

Chadwixx
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Would you be singing the same tune if Nadal was doing this to Federer?

Nadal uses antics much more annoying than anything monfils did.

Did you catch nadal vs kiefer at the us open? You would of had to be watching it on the us open stream to understand what im talking about. Referring to his pre coin flip tactics, making keifer and the coin flipper sit at net for 4mins while he aligns his water bottles, then jumps up in keifers face like boxer.

Solderling called him out on his tactics too. Most people only catch the obvious tactics because they dont play competitively.

The home crowd cheer'd monfils for what he did, and boo'd roddick for what he did. US internet fans didnt like it, french paying fans did. Simple as that.

ubermeyer
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
We have something in common then don't we.

yes. and neither of us have any reason to insult a pro tennis player based on their achievements.

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Nadal uses antics much more annoying than anything monfils did.

Did you catch nadal vs kiefer at the us open? You would of had to be watching it on the us open stream to understand what im talking about. Referring to his pre coin flip tactics, making keifer and the coin flipper sit at net for 4mins while he aligns his water bottles, then jumps up in keifers face like boxer.

Solderling called him out on his tactics too. Most people only catch the obvious tactics because they dont play competitively.

The home crowd cheer'd monfils for what he did, and boo'd roddick for what he did. US internet fans didnt like it, french paying fans did. Simple as that.

nadal is always late for the coin toss, and always jumps up and down at the net, that is called a ritual; as for monfils of course his home crowd would support him, hes a stupid player but hes still at home

P_Agony
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Monfils is disgusting as a sportsman, even the commentators on eurosport where shocked by the way he acted. Roddick should have thrown a 150 mph PDR right in his face!! and I dont even like Roddick, but watching this match made me hate Monfils as the only player on tour..

I agree. Monfils' celebrations are pathetic, and in this match they were downright disrespectful. Monfils looks very cocky, and I also think that about Tsonga as well (remember when he said he expects to be ranked #1 by year's end? laughable).

icedevil0289
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree. Monfils' celebrations are pathetic, and in this match they were downright disrespectful. Monfils looks very cocky, and I also think that about Tsonga as well (remember when he said he expects to be ranked #1 by year's end? laughable).

he did? When was this?

wyutani
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
thats cool.

ronalditop
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Monfils completely deserved that comment. He was acting like a jerk throughout the match with his annoying antics and over the top celebrations.

lambielspins
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
While I sort of agree to Roddick given is own on court antics I cant help but think he is one to talk. Especialy given that he hasnt ended a year ranked in the top 5 since 2005 now, won his only slam way back in 2003, and his Wimbledon final this year was his first slam final in 3 years.

Fedace
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
how can he be not that cocky when he is blowing away his opponent ? i would be too.

Noveson
10-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Hmm definitely didn't see this match(no tv) so maybe I was wrong in my early assesment. Someone explain?

ChipNCharge
10-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Monfils likely had no what cocky means.

LOL. Monfils might have been thinking, "thanks!".

Toxicmilk
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL. Monfils might have been thinking, "thanks!".

yeah, his suprised look was more like a "whoa...thanks" than a "whoa...wtf?" :):):):)

FD3S
10-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Even as a Roddick fan, I despise some of his outbursts. This isn't one of them. Monfils isn't good enough to be that cocky. No one is good enough to be that cocky.

in[k]
10-25-2009, 07:31 PM

You just made my day :)

NamRanger
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Hmm definitely didn't see this match(no tv) so maybe I was wrong in my early assesment. Someone explain?

Monfils was beating the day lights out of Roddick, crushing him basically. Monfils hits a pretty good shot on the run, proceeds to incite the crowd, pump them up like it's a football game, etc. etc. Overly celebrating and just being a total jackass. Roddick of course, being Roddick, gets slightly aggravated and responds.

Of course, Roddick was well within control of himself. He could have easily been worse.

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
monfils did exactly the same thing in the us open v nadal, constantly pumping up the crowd like a mad man, yet nadal dominated him and won in 4 with monfils running on empty, was brilliant

LiveForever
10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
monfils did exactly the same thing in the us open v nadal, constantly pumping up the crowd like a mad man, yet nadal dominated him and won in 4 with monfils running on empty, was brilliant
I remember that.It was like first few points and monfils passed Nadal at the net and started jumping around like maniac.

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I remember that.It was like first few points and monfils passed Nadal at the net and started jumping around like maniac.

yeah and you could tell how much nadal enjoyed winning the 2nd set, nadal did this extra special fist pump where he tap danced about 20 feet in a straight line before doing the fist

JeMar
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Juniors get defaulted for acting like Monfils did on the court that day. His behavior was uncalled for and I'm glad someone finally called him on it.

OroDeSantoro
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM

If you watched the match, you'd probably be on Andy's side... Monfils was ridiculous during that match

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 08:41 PM
monfils is always ridiculous, looks like a french thing, considering tsongas end of match celebration ritual

TheTruth
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Maturity says you be you and let others be them.

Roddick was out of line as usual.

I wish the dishonest commentators would call him out on his foolishness, but they'd rather pick on the nice ones, and pretend Roddick is a great ambassador for the sport.

norbac
10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Alleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

longst
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM

I wish the dishonest commentators would call him out on his foolishness, but they'd rather pick on the nice ones, and pretend Roddick is a great ambassador for the sport.

Wow insightful comment! Good job.

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
roddick is a million times better behaved than john mac, but my question is why do we want well behaved tennis players, isnt it boring?

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
roddick is a million times better behaved than john mac, but my question is why do we want well behaved tennis players, isnt it boring?

I'm pretty sure you don't have the same philosophy when it comes to these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eog0TaQ1o3c

;)

8pNADAL
10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't have the same philosophy when it comes to these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eog0TaQ1o3c

;)

i found that footage more entertaining than anything we seen since nadal-federer aust open trophy ceremony

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 10:21 PM
i found that footage more entertaining than anything we seen since nadal-federer aust open trophy ceremony

Hahaha real funny. Yeah, I'm a diehard *******. :roll:

You could've easily said something about more entertaining than the last two Blake-Nadal matches, but I guess you aren't as smart as I thought you were. :cry:

Noveson
10-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Hahaha real funny. Yeah, I'm a diehard *******. :roll:

You could've easily said something about more entertaining than the last two Blake-Nadal matches, but I guess you aren't as smart as I thought you were. :cry:

Haha love reading your posts sometimes. I just watched some youtube clips of this match, wish i didn't want to like monfils, he is making it difficult to like him.

Polvorin
10-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm the opposite of a Roddick fan, but I have to give him credit. That was a pretty good burn, and seems to have been well deserved.

big bang
10-26-2009, 12:58 AM

LOL did Tsonga say this:shock: he better hurry then:)

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Monfils is a jerk, probably the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen..

..then you have never watched Roddick, Murray or Djokovic.

big bang
10-26-2009, 01:28 AM
..then you have never watched Roddick, Murray or Djokovic.

Momfils is much worse than any of them, I have been watching tennis since beginning of 80īs and he is the first player I actually hate..

lawrence
10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm the opposite of a Roddick fan, but I have to give him credit. That was a pretty good burn, and seems to have been well deserved.

^ Agree.

People get on Hewitt's case for come on's and fist pumps on somewhat important points.

Then Monfils goes and does a lap of hurdles while waving his hands around his side of the court when he's already up 5-2 and people think it's all good.

Datacipher
10-26-2009, 04:20 AM
No, this time it's true. I hate how Monfils acts on the court. He more than deserved that.

I agree. Normally, I that would have been way out of line from Roddick, but Monfils IS a FIRST class brat on the court. I'm glad somebody called him on it, frankly, I'd have done it in the locker room with a lot more physical intent. That to, is part of sports. You can walk the walk and talk the talk, but if you choose to, you better expect that you might be asked to back it up!

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 04:30 AM

I'm sure if Federer was doing this to Nadal you'd be all over him, and if Nadal did what Roddick did, you would praise Nadal for calling Federer out.

Roddick did nothing out of line. There was some serious bullcrap going on in this match from Monfils.

Gorecki
10-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Roddick told Monfils "you're not good enough to be that cocky"

Can you blame him?

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Roddick told Monfils "you're not good enough to be that cocky"

Can you blame him?

Considering how ticked off Roddick can get, I thought he was going to go over there and give Monfils a taste of his knuckles.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Considering how ticked off Roddick can get, I thought he was going to go over there and give Monfils a taste of his knuckles.

Monfils is a pretty sick specimen . . . I'm sure Andy would think twice about startin' something. ;)

Gorecki
10-26-2009, 04:58 AM

that has got to be the most interesting part of Rod's Personality. his brutal honesty!

rommil
10-26-2009, 06:02 AM

Nah Roddick will talk your ear off and b!tch to the umpire but if it came down to physical exchanges, I'd side with Gael. Roddick has a big mouth but if it ever came to a fight, I can picture him calling out his mom.

tuk
10-26-2009, 06:03 AM
Roddick is just a sore loser.....and by watching that he is also a *****...why didn't he said it straight to Monfils' face?....Gael would kick Rodick's *** :)

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Monfils is a pretty sick specimen . . . I'm sure Andy would think twice about startin' something. ;)

Just because Monfils is cut does not mean he is strong.

DRII
10-26-2009, 06:56 AM

Roddick is all mouth...

like a typical bully he is problably a scardy cat at heart.

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Roddick is all mouth...

like a typical bully he is problably a scardy cat at heart.

Did he do something to hurt your feelings? I'm sure that's what it was.

Banger
10-26-2009, 07:22 AM
half of guys are completely biased because you hate roddick and are not making sound arguments. You are completely missing the point. This has nothing to do with how Roddick has acted in the past or for that matter how he was whining on the court in this match because he was getting destroyed. Arod could be the biggest ahole in the world( and probably is) but is has nothing to do with how monfils acted in this match. Everything Monfils did was without a doubt out of line and even though Arod was whining it was completely unjustified. Like one other poster said Roddick should have hit him in the body with a 150mph serve. Arod has been on the tour way longer and accomplished way more then Monfils has and its called having respect for someone you is superior to you.

sargeinaz
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Just because Monfils is cut does not mean he is strong.

Yup. Roddick has 15lbs on Monfils and would sleep him. Besides Monfils is French, he's not kicking anyones anything.

Rabbit
10-26-2009, 08:22 AM
The French surrender to Chuck Norris every day at 2PM.

Let me guess, Roddick lost....Monfils did his dance....

Both are really classless.

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Roddick is the cockiest ***** since Jimmy Connors.

LiveForever
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Did he do something to hurt your feelings? I'm sure that's what it was.
Agreed.Compared to most tennis pros, Roddick is a tank. He would bulldoze Monfils.

Chadwixx
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Cant someone link the rule that says its illegal to celebrate and entertain the fans?

Im guessing everyone here was mad when taylor dent won his epic match at the us open too. How dare he celebrate...

Power Player
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I love both of thes characters. Roddick is brutal on the refs, it makes him look like a complete jerk, but it's hilarious if you are watching.

rocket
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Pay attention to the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XElCHDUdCk

tacou
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM

lol. wait I'm thinking you're serious?

tacou
10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Pay attention to the end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XElCHDUdCk

awesome point, not sure what you're referring to though. andy was playing it up and monfils enjoyed it as well...if you're implying this is proof that gael is not cocky I don't think you've succeeded.

rocket
10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
awesome point, not sure what you're referring to though. andy was playing it up and monfils enjoyed it as well...if you're implying this is proof that gael is not cocky I don't think you've succeeded.

Of course Monfils is cocky. I personally find his dance after matchpoint a lil' unnecessay, but hey, the guy seems to enjoy a good point, whether he won it or his opponent did.

Roddick is hilarious in his encounters with the chair ump., but this time he took it out on Monfils...

FD3S
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
A good litmus test to see if you're being objective? Replace Roddick with your favorite player in this match, and see if you react the same way.

Baikalic
10-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Cant someone link the rule that says its illegal to celebrate and entertain the fans?

Im guessing everyone here was mad when taylor dent won his epic match at the us open too. How dare he celebrate...

I think at match point it's fine to celebrate however way you want; but this was in the middle of the match and it was over the top. I don't think it's illegal, but many believe that it was an unsportmanlike thing to do, and I see some merit in that. In the end is an matter of opinion and everyone has a right to think however they want about this situation.

Chadwixx
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Its legal and the crowd was loving it, sounds like sour grapes.

Monfils isnt there to make roddick happy, he is there to make the fans happy and win the match. Which he did both.

JeMar
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM

Dent had just won an extremely tight match. Monfils was up two sets and a break.

The sad part is that you know there's no comparison between these two matches, yet you pretend you don't.

viktorkwan
10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow I didn't expect such a strong response to this thread...

Well I guess we can all agree that some players like to express themselves on the court more than others...

Hewitt and his c'mons + lawnmower move, Stepanek and his worm dance, Rafa with the shuffle etc...

People get carried away in celebrating a point sometimes...but the crowd loves it...so it ain't that bad a thing right?

Monfils does like to celebrate...but that's not breaking the rules...

It may get onto the nerves of his opponents, just like Djokovic's 20 bounces before a serve does etc...

Everyone's got traits that might peeve off someone...

But does that warrant Roddick to direct that rather rude remark at Monfils?

We all know Roddick likes to lash out at umpires...sometimes quite unreasonably so too...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6_UTPDO9s

For some unknown reason, the tennis fans and officials have repeatedly overlooked your previous tirades at officials...

But giving a smart***** comment coz you are down in a match, coz your opponent has celebrated extravagantly on more than a few points, and coz he walked past smiling whilst you berated the umpire regarding the colour of the sky? Please grow up Andy

ubermeyer
10-26-2009, 04:13 PM

I think Roddick was imitating Monfils' celebration here, although I agree it doesn't really prove anything at all.

Chadwixx
10-26-2009, 04:13 PM
He was also boo'd off the court vs baricili (sp?) at wimbledon for dropping the f bomb on his opponent.

I agree though, after hearing roddick complain to the chair like he did i would laugh and roll my eyes too. Then he furthers his stupid tyrade by dropping the "your not good enough", andy, look at the scoreboard please. You gotta laugh.

_maxi
10-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I think roddick was right. That stupid ironic smile monfils was putting deserved that commentary.

Chadwixx
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Dent had just won an extremely tight match. Monfils was up two sets and a break.

The sad part is that you know there's no comparison between these two matches, yet you pretend you don't.

6-4, 5-2. He was controlling and about togo up 2 sets to none which essentially wins the match vs roddick on clay.

I dont see these celebrations being talked about anywhere else, why you gotta pick on the black guy? Or do we even need to ask :)

T1000
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM

Well I guess we can all agree that some players like to express themselves on the court more than others...

Hewitt and his c'mons + lawnmower move, Stepanek and his worm dance, Rafa with the shuffle etc...

People get carried away in celebrating a point sometimes...but the crowd loves it...so it ain't that bad a thing right?

It may get onto the nerves of his opponents, just like Djokovic's 20 bounces before a serve does etc...

We all know Roddick likes to lash out at umpires...sometimes quite unreasonably so too...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6_UTPDO9s

For some unknown reason, the tennis fans and officials have repeatedly overlooked your previous tirades at officials...

But giving a smart***** comment coz you are down in a match, coz your opponent has celebrated extravagantly on more than a few points, and coz he walked past smiling whilst you berated the umpire regarding the colour of the sky? Please grow up Andy

Completley different. Hewitt doesn't dance on the court, wave his arms, and jump around for an hour trying to get the crowd against his opponent when he's up 6-4 5-2 against a crappy player on the surface their playing on. He does it on big points in tight matches trying to get the momentum his way. What Monfils did was nothing short of a pathetic rich child trying to get his way. Thank God Federer killed him in the next match

CanadianChic
10-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Roddick spoke the truth which is one of the reasons I respect him as much as I do. Monfils is a cocky guy and he looked like he just sh1t the bed when he walked past Roddick so I am glad Roddick wiped that smug look off his face.

Oldracquet27
10-26-2009, 05:30 PM

You said it all, all of us know that if Federer would not be there to stop Roddick, which yes, is still a talented player, not doubt about it... nobody in the tour could get closer to be cockier than Mr. Roddick! He would be thinking he is GOD right now..... hahahaha

stoble
10-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Nobody is contending that Monfils is a cheater who broke the rules, what we are saying is that Monfils is a jackass.

Tyrus
10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I think Monfils celebrations, annoying to some, loved by many (including me), got into Roddick's head and turned him into a drama queen, monfils just quietly laughed it off, he only cares about himself.

But i like Monfils, same reason i like Ocho Cinco. They showboat a little extra, yes some don't like it, but it shows self-confidence, and a passion for the game. Most importantly it shows that they are at least having fun.

ttbrowne
10-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Monfils is a thousand times cockier than Roddick. I look forward to the day that he's gone from the ATP.

Omega_7000
10-26-2009, 07:58 PM

This is what comes to mind when I read your post,

http://www.topnews.in/files/gossiping..jpg

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Thats kind of hypocritical and ironic coming from Roddick. As mouthy and arrogant as he has carried himself over the years. He would make it seem like he was some great tennis champion yet at the end of the day hes a one slam wonder..

Maybe Roddick is not good enough to be that cocky?

The-Champ
10-26-2009, 11:36 PM
monfils is an a-hole....after winning the fisrts set against Nadal at the USO...the guy basically did the samba!

rommil
10-27-2009, 09:46 AM
monfils is an a-hole....after winning the fisrts set against Nadal at the USO...the guy basically did the samba!

Nice way to inject Nadal into a non Nadal discussion. BTW, what do you think about Nadal's jumping up and down during coin toss and them spasticly scampering to the baseline?

Gorecki
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice way to inject Nadal into a non Nadal discussion. BTW, what do you think about Nadal's jumping up and down during coin toss and them spasticly scampering to the baseline?

i also wonder his opinion about Nadal's triple double (with bacon & cheese) fist pumps and lawn mower action...

im sure it's just him pumping up for the batlle and all humble and respectfull... :rolleyes:

rommil
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
i also wonder his opinion about Nadal's triple double (with bacon & cheese) fist pumps and lawn mower action...

im sure it's just him pumping up for the batlle and all humble and respectfull... :rolleyes:

Nice way to inject food into this discussion.

BTW mum live was great yet again. Saw them in Boston last week although I don't care much for their new album. Just awesome how a song can be mediocre on cd and then it sounds more interesting live. OK, back to the food/lawnmower discussion.

Gorecki
10-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice way to inject food into this discussion.

BTW mum live was great yet again. Saw them in Boston last week although I don't care much for their new album. Just awesome how a song can be mediocre on cd and then it sounds more interesting live. OK, back to the food/lawnmower discussion.

i was posting and eating at same time...:oops:

btw... check this festival lineup...

http://www.atpfestival.com/

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Well done my sentiments exactly. Monfils brings some personality maybe annoying to some. But Roddick is frequently an *** and cocky to the umpires and journalists just trying to do their job. I would enjoy Mofils bringing the rain on Roddick.

ksbh
10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd rather a 'cocky' Monfils than a Roddick with a losers attitude!

ksbh
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Exactly! Right on the mark, Chad! :)

ksbh
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Great post, again. So will that be a V8, 10 or 12?! :)

Monfils isnt there to make roddick happy, he is there to make the fans happy and win the match. Which he did both.

ksbh
10-27-2009, 10:55 AM
^^^ Lest anyone think that I'm a Monfils fan ... I can't stand that stupid pri*ck!

But justice must prevail and in this incident, Roddick must be told that a pot shouldn't call the kettle black!

tintin
10-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Roddick must be bitter that he was getting his arse handed to him properly by Gael:twisted:
Roger would have humiliated his punk *** had they met

say what you want about Monfils but he sure as hell doesn't curse on a tennis unlike that d*ckhead Andy!

Roddick doesn't have the speed;movement nor the return of serve that Monfils has;never has and never will
:twisted:

whenever Roddick loses;no matter the surface it's a good day for tennis:twisted::)

coloskier
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Thats kind of hypocritical and ironic coming from Roddick. As mouthy and arrogant as he has carried himself over the years. He would make it seem like he was some great tennis champion yet at the end of the day hes a one slam wonder..

Maybe Roddick is not good enough to be that cocky?

He's got one thing that Monfils doesn't, a GS title. So, yes, that gives him the right to say that Monfils is not good enough.

coloskier
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Roddick must be bitter that he was getting his arse handed to him properly by Gael:twisted:
Roger would have humiliated his punk *** had they met

say what you want about Monfils but he sure as hell doesn't curse on a tennis unlike that d*ckhead Andy!

Roddick doesn't have the speed;movement nor the return of serve that Monfils has;never has and never will
:twisted:

whenever Roddick loses;no matter the surface it's a good day for tennis:twisted::)

With his serve, he doesn't have to. And whether you like it or not, serving is 50% of the game. I guess I'd rather be a d!ckhead than a bonehead like Monfils. That guys is as dumb as a bag of rocks and gets beat by Fed a lot worse than Andy does. I didn't see Monfils taking Fed to 16-14 in the 5th. He was already out of the tournament by then.

NamRanger
10-27-2009, 12:43 PM
^^^ Lest anyone think that I'm a Monfils fan ... I can't stand that stupid pri*ck!

But justice must prevail and in this incident, Roddick must be told that a pot shouldn't call the kettle black!

The point was not whether or not Roddick is an *** or not. I think it's indisputable that Roddick at times is a big jackass.

However, if Nadal was doing this to Federer, I think even the most die hard Nadal fans would be hard pressed to defend him.

VashTheStampede
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
I didn't see Monfils taking Fed to 16-14 in the 5th. He was already out of the tournament by then.

True, but it's not like he lost. He withdrew.

ksbh
10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Agreed!

But it must be said that both Roddick & Monfils are losers in their own ways!

The point was not whether or not Roddick is an *** or not. I think it's indisputable that Roddick at times is a big jackass.

However, if Nadal was doing this to Federer, I think even the most die hard Nadal fans would be hard pressed to defend him.

JoshDragon
10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
This is what comes to mind when I read your post,

http://www.topnews.in/files/gossiping..jpg

OMG, where'd you get that pick of my GF?:twisted:

sdont
10-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I think Roddick was imitating Monfils' celebration here, although I agree it doesn't really prove anything at all.

It just proves Monfils is much more cool about his opponent celebrating a point than Roddick is. Monfils doesn't take it personally contrary to Roddick.