PDA

View Full Version : How long does MSV last?

tennisplayer132
10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
How long does MSV Focus Hex 1.23mm last before it goes dead? and before it pops? Thanks!

Babo
10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I just put the MSV Hex on my racket, I'm replacing my bed of Babolat Hurricane with this string. I have it strung right in the middle tension range and I'm sorry to say that it has not felt very lively to me ever since I put it in. Hopefully its just a different feel and I'll notice something soon because I had high hopes for a cheaper poly.

zeratul90
10-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I had MSV focus hex on my racquet (APDC) at 60lbs for about 8 hours before it snapped, being the absolute fasted time a poly snapped on me. I would say, around the 3-4hour mark, is when it would go dead. I don't restring until my strings break so, I kept on playing.

Classic_Obsession
10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I have had mine in for 2 days and played 2 hours each (total of 4)

Still feels great! crisp with good feel...like how it was when I first played with it.

wrxtotoro
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Crisp?!?! MSV feels kinda dull in my PDR. It's known to be a comfort copoly but I'd say it's kinda mushy.

AznRamenDude
10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Crisp?!?! MSV feels kinda dull in my PDR. It's known to be a comfort copoly but I'd say it's kinda mushy.

agree with wrx. i got it because i heard it was a really crisp string and i was looking for a cheaper alternative to red code. is a rather comforthing poly but it does feel rather mushy and it was rather low power. however, i just became use to it and i wouldnt say i fell in love with you, but the strings and i have become pretty good friends now :). but if you dont have a fast swing...this this string wont work out too well for you.

Classic_Obsession
10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Well...for me
I hybrid it at 57/59 with synthetic gut.

I also have fast, powerful swing so that may be why it feels crisp to me. Mushy is when PHT goes dead. MSV definitely has crisp contact if you have the right speed and power.

BTW spin potential and cupping of MSV hex is amazing!

downs_chris
10-26-2009, 06:58 AM
i've had 5 or 6 good hours so far of msv focus hex 1.10 mm (hybrid with gosen og sheep)...it's held up VERY well (granted i moved back to an 18x20 string pattern) -- minimal notching...