Who deserves another major/ a major

bdon
10-25-2009, 07:29 PM
hewitt!

10char

tikkimonkey
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
What's 'deserve' supposed to mean?

If you're asking who people take pity on the most and feel they SHOULD HAVE won majors, then I'd say Roddick.

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
hewitt!

10char

That would definitely be good to see, LH make it back to the top.

Of course, I voted Blake.

Serendipitous
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
gj011 deserves a major. So does Thomas Blake.

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
gj011 deserves a major. So does Thomas Blake.

I agree. Heck, give one to Betty Blake and vanciki, goyeji and all those other guys too. Everyone deserves a major. Except for Gonzalez, that guy's a dushbag.

Serendipitous
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I agree. Heck, give one to Betty Blake and vanciki, goyeji and all those other guys too. Everyone deserves a major. Except for Gonzalez, that guy's a dushbag.

Maximo Gonzalez? :wink:

Dimitrov_Fan
10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
safin should won a slam from 2001-2004 somehow and davyenko done well enough to deserve a slam, much more than some other slam winners *COUGH GAUDIO***COUGH

norbac
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Kurt Warner.

Serendipitous
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
diredesire deserves one.....

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Maximo Gonzalez? :wink:

No, Pancho. I hate that guy.

Falloutjr
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Gasquet is not on the ballot, therefore this poll is invalid.

lawrence
10-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Out of those I'd say Roddick, just for the fact that he's been denied a chance so many times by Fed.

But not on the list, Hewitt.

Vyse
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM
davydenko or roddck and they are fittingly the top 2

BorisBeckerFan
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
The notion that somebody who has not won a slam is deserving of one is funny to me. What would be the reasoning? Was this person cheated? Was the actual winner undeserving?

boredone3456
10-25-2009, 09:29 PM
since I didn't see this thread initially I'll just copy my answer from the other one.

Who deserves one: Haas, Nalbandian
Who deserves another: Roddick (a Wimbledon), Hewitt(an Australian...but it likely will never happen), Safin (even though he is retired, for his talent he does deserve another).

nethawkwenatchee
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I would say Davydenko, Haas, Nalbandian for those with zero but probability is Murray over the rest of them.

* Justice would call for Federer to have a couple bad seasons, heroically fight his way through numerous five setters, and back into a Wimbledon final, save five or six match points, double fault at 23-23 in the fifth, Andy Roddick fires an ace for the title and proudly announces retirement at the trophy presentation.

VilasFan
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Those that earn them, deserve them.

RCizzle65
10-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Definitely Roddick

grafselesfan
10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Roddick for sure. I dont think he will but I think he deserves one. I was heartbroken for him when he lost that Wimbledon final this year, and not just because I dont care for Federer. I am not a Roddick fan but I think he deserves another slam for staying near the top so long and all the hard work he has put in. It probably wont happen though.

Murray obviously but it seems likely he will get atleast one.

Most of the others no way. Davydenko and Tsonga I wouldnt mind if they won a slam, but I dont feel too badly for them if they dont either. Davydenko more than Tsonga at this point is closer to deserving one, but Tsonga is younger and could improve more.

The others no way:

Safin- I am just ready for him to retire already.

Soderling- Yeah right. A guy who other than his career tournament at this years French has 1 other slam quarterfinal and 2 Masters quarterfinals to show for his career.

Verdasco- If he could play another slam like the 09 AO I wouldnt mind him winning it, but really he isnt even close to deserving one. This year is the first year he was even ever in the top 10, he has not even come close to winning a Masters, has no other slam semis, and has generally very low success vs the top players. Game wise he might be good enough to win 1 or 2 slams just, but then when you combine that he is one of the biggest headcases on tour with that he shouldnt win one and probably wont.

Simon- NO!!! The guy doesnt even have the game to stay in the top 10, let alone win a slam. Last year he had his career year and had a few decent chances to win a Masters- Canada, Paris, year end Masters, and still couldnt do it. A slam win, no way.

Blake- ROTFL!! I am not even going to get started here as I am laughing too hard already.

Gonzalez- No. The guy hasnt even won a Masters title, and in slams has 1 final and 1 semi for his career.

By the way I wonder who the 2nd idiot who voted for Blake is (we can all figure out who the 1st one was).

featherlight
10-25-2009, 11:08 PM
roddick needs one and people will stop calling him a one shot wonder

jamesblakefan#1
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
By the way I wonder who the 2nd idiot who voted for Blake is (we can all figure out who the 1st one was).

Gosh always take things so seriously. The guy worked his ***** off after breaking his freaking neck to get to #4 in the world. You have to at least respect that, even if you belittle him constantly calling him a journeyman joke clown nobody etc, as you always do.

And he's my favorite player, if I wish he won a slam, what's so wrong with that? :confused: It's my opinion, stop trying to start fights and namecall where it is clearly unnecessary.

You really are angry all of the time, aren't you?

westside
10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
hewitt!

10char

I will actually die happy if this happens :):)

qindarka
10-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Gosh always take things so seriously. The guy worked his ***** off after breaking his freaking neck to get to #4 in the world. You have to at least respect that, even if you belittle him constantly calling him a journeyman joke clown nobody etc, as you always do.

And he's my favorite player, if I wish he won a slam, what's so wrong with that? :confused: It's my opinion, stop trying to start fights and namecall where it is clearly unnecessary.

You really are angry all of the time, aren't you?

Just ignore him. You are never going to be able to convince him and there is no sense in getting worked up over internet trolls.

Ripster
10-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Why isn't Novak on the list? He's in need of major #2. I think he has a good shot at the Australian.

Since Djokovic isn't on the list, I guess I'll vote for Roddick. I don't really like the guy but I think he deserves another one after being tortured by Federer all these years.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Nobody deserves anything..

I will say however. Who is good enough to win one...

flying24
10-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Why isn't Novak on the list? He's in need of major #2. I think he has a good shot at the Australian.

Since Djokovic isn't on the list, I guess I'll vote for Roddick. I don't really like the guy but I think he deserves another one after being tortured by Federer all these years.

I do think Djokovic will win atleast 1 more major but I definitely dont think it will be next year. I dont see him getting another win over Federer in a slam anytime soon, based on their last 2 meetings it seems Federer has the clear edge in that matchup again. Murray has Djokovic's number bigtime now and eventually they will start meeting in some rounds of a slam. Del Potro and Djokovic havent played for awhile, but Del Potro seems the more confident slam performer right now. I sort of see Nadal on a slide from here, but for as long as Nadal is atleast at 90% he is a big hurdle to Djokovic at the French, Wimbledon, and maybe even the Australian, even though Djokovic playing well should atleast have no problem with him at the U.S Open. I dont see Roddick winning another slam but if Djokovic plays him for the time being in a slam he will be worried. Others who could give him trouble based on the last couple years would be Kohlschreiber, Haas, Verdasco, and even Simon. I think Djokovic's next slam will be down the road a bit, and I very much doubt it will happen in 2010. We will see though.

grafselesfan
10-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Gosh always take things so seriously.

Really. I am not the one who goes on paranoid whenever anyone says something slightly less favorable regarding Blake, Serena, Federer, or another of my favorites. :lol:

The guy worked his ***** off after breaking his freaking neck to get to #4 in the world. You have to at least respect that, even if you belittle him constantly calling him a journeyman joke clown nobody etc, as you always do.

I have only called him those things in the context of competition for Federer and comparing to top competition other greats like Sampras, Borg, Laver, and others have faced. In that context people like him compare unfavorably to what past greats had to face, which is part of the whole competition comparision between Federer and past champions. It doesnt mean he isnt still a very good player, but not one who belongs near the top of the game.

With all due respect Blake hasnt even been past the quarters of a slam, has made only 3 of those his whole career, has never won a Masters title, has only ended 2 different years ranked in the top 10, has never been to the 2nd week of Wimbledon or the French Open, lost to Federer like their first 10 meetings, need I go on any further. Lets put it this way, did you or anyone else think Tomas Johansson winning a slam was good for the game. Even if you found it plausible, would you have said he is the guy who most deserves to win a slam/another slam out of a list of guys, and would you not have expected people to find that comical if you did. And for the record even Tomas Johansson has accomplished more than Blake even outside of his Australian Open title. So statistically anyway even he is a better player than Blake, again even excluding his shock Australian Open title.

Polvorin
10-26-2009, 12:58 AM
I don't really like the guy but I think he deserves another one after being tortured by Federer all these years.

I feel the same way. His game is ugly and his serve is basically the reason for his success, but I still feel bad for him. "Tortured" is a perfect description.

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Who cares about all of those things? I just love the sport of tennis, love Blake as a player, and think it would be cool if he won a slam. Who are you to judge my opinion, anyways? There was no reason for you to go off and call me an idiot. I'm pretty sure malakas would like it if Baghdatis won a slam, does that make him an idiot too? I'm pretty sure thejoe would love it if Feliciano somehow won a slam. Is he a moron now in your eyes?

I just don't get why you go and call me an idiot for stating my opinion on wanting Blake to win a slam. How is it bad for the sport if a guy who's worked so hard as Blake has, done things the right way on and off the court, how would it be bad for the sport saying that a guy like him should win a slam? I get so sick of your stupid annoying statistical rants about nothing. Who the hell cares about Thomas Johannson? Certainly not I, since I am...jamesblakefan#1, after all. So why is it such a big deal that a guy named jamesblakefan#1 says he thinks Blake deserves a major? Is it a crime to state an honest opinion these days? Geez.

Blake's overcome a lot in his career, certainly accomplished a lot more in his life than YOU have, and is still a top professional tennis player, something YOU, to my knowledge, are not. So who are you to judge if I feel that Blake, who, surprise surprise, is my favorite player, deserves a slam? Who cares about stats, how many slam QF and 2nd weeks someone makes, etc. All that matters is that I like Blake and think he deserves that moment, that glory of winning a slam. Will it happen? Probably not. Does it matter? No, b/c I'll still be a Blake fan even if he loses every match for the rest of his career. Got a problem with it?

P_Agony
10-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Roddick and Davydenko.

grafselesfan
10-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Who the hell cares about Thomas Johannson?

Outside of the U.S probably even slightly more than care about James Blake. :lol:

Blake's overcome a lot in his career, certainly accomplished a lot more in his life than YOU have, and is still a top professional tennis player, something YOU, to my knowledge, are not.

LOL at the black pot here. Tommy Robredo is all those things too, something just as assuredly you are not and never will be. Yet that doesnt stop you from calling him Borebredo a million times over and mocking him everytime he is about to play a semi marquee match with someone. So get off your high horse.

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Gosh, you're such a troll, I don't even know why I bother...it's fairly obvious you only posted here to start a fight, as evidenced by your 1st post calling me an idiot.

I voted Blake. So what? Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. There's bigger fish to fry in this world then who I think deserves a slam. You don't like it, get over it and stop being so angry all the time. It's not very good for the health. ;)

Blinkism
10-26-2009, 01:32 AM
attention trolls: stop stalking jamesblakefan#1, already!

thanks

grafselesfan
10-26-2009, 01:34 AM
LOL I was never trying to start a conversation with you. I only knew instantly who 1 of the votes for Blake came from so I was wondering who the other one was. You are the one who is obsessed about any little thing that is said about Blake, Serena, Federer, or one of your other favorites.

Fedex
10-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Wrong. It's three idiots now.
I voted Blake.

Stefan83
10-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Hewitt and Haas

Fedex
10-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Think Maximo just logged in.
Murray got one vote.

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL I was never trying to start a conversation with you. I only knew instantly who 1 of the votes for Blake came from so I was wondering who the other one was. You are the one who is obsessed about any little thing that is said about Blake, Serena, Federer, or one of your other favorites.

Oh come on, you know when you put this down you were trolling for a response from me.

Directly calling me an idiot, since I mentioned earlier in the thread that I voted Blake. Yeah, you didn't think I would respond to that?

I shouldn't have, since I've known for so long that you're one of the biggest trolls on here, going out of your way to mention how much you hate Federer in every single thread seemingly.

I still don't see how you could hate Blake so much. Oh wait, you don't hate Blake, you just hate me and use Blake as a tool to troll for a response from me. Well congratulations, you got me. Happy? Was that your goal for the day in your sorry little life? Freaking troll....:roll:

fluffy Beaver
10-26-2009, 02:08 AM
You knows James, the smiley in all of your post to offset your anger in your post will only work for so long.

BTW, what makes James Blake overcome so much than everyone else? Aside from tennis, the guy has a good amount of education from Harvard, he sure has struggled through life ya?

and this is what I'm talking about you

Oh come on, you know when you put this down you were trolling for a response from me.

You have this paranoid aroma where you think everyone is out to get you..... :roll:

THUNDERVOLLEY
10-26-2009, 02:12 AM
OP: No one on the list.

I want to see Federer win more slams!!!

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 02:13 AM
@fluffybeaver: ^^^^You again? You again, you again...look, I told you, if you don't like me, just put me on your ignore list. It's obvious you only come into threads I post in to accost me and call me a troll, so why don't you do me a favor and leave me the hell alone. I don't like you, it's obvious you're not my biggest fan...let's just agree to disagree for life. I really haven't seen you contribute anything of substance to...anything. Ever. So just leave me the heck alone and stay out of my way. OK?

fluffy Beaver
10-26-2009, 02:24 AM
@fluffybeaver: ^^^^You again? You again, you again...look, I told you, if you don't like me, just put me on your ignore list. It's obvious you only come into threads I post in to accost me and call me a troll, so why don't you do me a favor and leave me the hell alone. I don't like you, it's obvious you're not my biggest fan...let's just agree to disagree for life. I really haven't seen you contribute anything of substance to...anything. Ever. So just leave me the heck alone and stay out of my way. OK?

FYI, this is a forum, and if I don't like what you write in a thread I am free to address it. I do it to you and everyone else, but apparently it's a double standard for you ya? Also, nice way of dodging my question.

BTW, what makes James Blake overcome so much than everyone else? Aside from tennis, the guy has a good amount of education from Harvard, he sure has struggled through life ya?

Also to add, everyone else goes through injuries and must take a brief outing during the tour and sadly but truely, everyone has their father die. So your argument is that James Blake has gone through much more than everyone else, please explain.

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Well that does it, it's pretty obvious now that you've got some kinda obsession with me. Just looking at the first page of your post history (that's the term you love to use, right?) it's fairly clear that you've got some kinda axe to grind with me.

Not only have you come into this thread coming at me, but you came at me earlier in the Roddick/Monfils thread...

Everyone already knows you're one of the biggest Roddick hater on the board so obviously you're going to defend Monfils. This is why you suck at arguing, you don't look at the facts, you are just biased in everything you post.

But in the best FH thread a few days back you unprovoked attacked me...

If so many people are out to get you, perhaps there is a problem with yourself. You're always complaining about poster after poster after poster. GTFO of the forum if you can't handle it. You're only on this board to try to get posters banned. If you stop provoking, they will leave you alone it's so simple.

Look at your sig, now stop trolling. Seriously your sig alone is trying to provoke others. Posters like you are the most annoying, always crying. Those people obviously don't like you because of your trolling post and now you make them apart of your "fan club" grow up.

Btw, you wrote "every thread" then "almost every thread" get your story straight.

And you brought up my name in a thread a/b a poster who was being stalked on youtube (which I had nothing to do with, thanks for accusing me w/o any evidence, BTW)

Originally Posted by fluffy Beaver
well apparently it's under the assumption the person trolling his channel is Jamesblakefan#1

http://www.youtube.com/user/EscapedC0nvict#g/a

Funny he says he doesn't troll tw but does so on his youtube channel.

Not to mention coming into a thread I had asking a question towards the mods.

Or maybe the OP works so hard on provoking people who he does not agree with to get them banned and is annoyed he has to do it again?

It's obvious you have some strange agenda against me. So just do me and everyone else a favor and put me on the Ignore List. I'm not going to change the way I post just b/c you don't like it. OK?

fluffy Beaver
10-26-2009, 02:56 AM
And you brought up my name in a thread a/b a poster who was being stalked on youtube (which I had nothing to do with, thanks for accusing me w/o any evidence, BTW)

Get your facts straight, the OP brought you up, read his channel. The whole point of his thread was that "someone reported him" and it was under the assumption that someone was you. Again read his channel. So that makes what, FOUR post you are using against me, niceeeeeeeee :roll:

Why are you still avoiding my question? Why does James Blake deserve a Major as to everyone else "because he has gone through so much more." If you can't find an answer to my question just say so instead of trying to avoid it.

big bang
10-26-2009, 03:45 AM
I wish Safin would have picked up one last slam. besides that I really would like to see Nalbandian win one or more..

kOaMaster
10-26-2009, 05:46 AM
I choose "other" (haas) - which sadly is not included in this posting

TheFifthSet
10-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Should be an "other" option IMO . . . of this group, I would go with Roddick and Davydenko.

Why is Safin such a popular option? I'm sad that he's leaving and all but hey, he brought his problems on himself. Can't see why somebody who basically stopped caring deserves a slam.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2009, 06:05 AM

What is wrong with feeling that your favorite player deserves a slam? You can contest his reasoning but calling him an idiot for something like this is pretty harsh.

sh@de
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Get your facts straight, the OP brought you up, read his channel. The whole point of his thread was that "someone reported him" and it was under the assumption that someone was you. Again read his channel. So that makes what, FOUR post you are using against me, niceeeeeeeee :roll:

Why are you still avoiding my question? Why does James Blake deserve a Major as to everyone else "because he has gone through so much more." If you can't find an answer to my question just say so instead of trying to avoid it.

Who are you? How come I've never seen you post before? And how come as soon as I see your posts you're just attacking posters (specifically jbf) and trolling? You're annoying, you know that right?

I say Davydenko deserves a slam.

fluffy Beaver
10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Who are you? How come I've never seen you post before? And how come as soon as I see your posts you're just attacking posters (specifically jbf) and trolling? You're annoying, you know that right?

I say Davydenko deserves a slam.

wow thanks dude. Great watch.

You're welcome :shock:

sh@de
10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
You're welcome :shock:

Well originally you were alright... until the trolling began. Seriously, what's your agenda?

NamRanger
10-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Well originally you were alright... until the trolling began. Seriously, what's your agenda?

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM

He's been popping up occasionally in threads I post in for the past week or so now, randomly calling me out and trying to make me seem like the worst person ever, or something of that sort. I documented earlier how he's got some bone to pick with me or something, after he called me out in the 'best FH' thread, I was happy to see a few people had my back.

Actually James isn't a troll, he's one of the best posters around here. He's actually a guy that can disagree with you without wanting to kill you.

Lol gotta agree with P_Agony on this one, and that's saying something, JamesBlake#1fan is one of the least biased posters here, and i'm not sure how asking this makes the op a tool.

Of course there's the people like Grafselesfan and drakulie who aren't going to like me no matter what, but the consensus at least from what I see is that I'm fair in my posting. Heck even Cesc, a guy I hardly agree with about anything, gets along with me. Yet here's this fluffybeaver character coming out of nowhere calling me a troll for no apparent reason. I'm so happy all the real people can now see this fluffybeaver character is the real troll.

I told him to put me on the ignore list if he hates me so much, yet he still stalks and accosts me to no end. I'll ask you one last time, very nicely, if you don't like me, would you please put me on your ignore list. I'm not going to change the way I post just b/c you don't like it, so if you have a problem with it you have no other choice but to get over it, because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

grafselesfan
10-26-2009, 09:03 AM
The poll options should be:

Murray
Roddick
Davydenko
Tsonga
Hewitt
Haas
Djokovic
Verdasco
Gonzalez
other

Soderling, Simon, and Blake as options is a waste.

egn
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Huh wouldn't another mean had one in the first place?

Roddick.

drakulie
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
You have this paranoid aroma where you think everyone is out to get you..... :roll:

agree. he just doesn't like you, because you call it like you see it, and expose him every time he trolls. (which is a lot)

All-rounder
10-26-2009, 09:29 AM
The real answer is anyone who is willing to take it

sunnyIce
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by GandalftheGray http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=4055076#post4055076)
'Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that win deserve to lose. And some that lose deserve to win. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out grand slams in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.'

TMF
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Roddick!
He came close so many times but end up losing to Roger. He's one of the unluckiest player who ever play professional sport. The guy could of been a multi-slam winners in any decade.

Ripster
10-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I do think Djokovic will win atleast 1 more major but I definitely dont think it will be next year. I dont see him getting another win over Federer in a slam anytime soon, based on their last 2 meetings it seems Federer has the clear edge in that matchup again. Murray has Djokovic's number bigtime now and eventually they will start meeting in some rounds of a slam. Del Potro and Djokovic havent played for awhile, but Del Potro seems the more confident slam performer right now. I sort of see Nadal on a slide from here, but for as long as Nadal is atleast at 90% he is a big hurdle to Djokovic at the French, Wimbledon, and maybe even the Australian, even though Djokovic playing well should atleast have no problem with him at the U.S Open. I dont see Roddick winning another slam but if Djokovic plays him for the time being in a slam he will be worried. Others who could give him trouble based on the last couple years would be Kohlschreiber, Haas, Verdasco, and even Simon. I think Djokovic's next slam will be down the road a bit, and I very much doubt it will happen in 2010. We will see though.

Hmm I wouldn't say he's the favourite going in, he's got a good shot, but he needs a few things to fall into place. I agree that if he meets Federer, unless he's playing like he was in 2008 (I don't know if this is likely) he'll most likely lose. If he's lucky enough to face off against Nadal or Del Potro instead of Federer, I like his chances at beating both of those guys. I say this because Novak has a 5-3 winning H2H on hardcourts against Rafa, plus Nadal hasn't been playing nearly as well since he injured both knees. Djokovic has a 3-0 record against Del Potro as well, although admittedly there last match was on clay in Rome this year and they haven't played on hardcourt since Del Potro's impressive summer. Murray is always a worry except when it comes to Grand Slams he usually comes up short. The other guys you mentioned: Kohlschreiber, the loss was a big surprise and on clay not hardcourt. The loss to Haas was on grass, Verdasco and Simon I doubt would trouble him at all at the Australian.

Roddick's owned him this year but he's been playing horrible ever since the Wimbledon final.