10-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Gaucho has notified me that they now have the following gut in stock:
16G Red Spiral
16G/17G Blue Spiral
15L Natural
15L Red

JavierLW
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Me too. Too bad I already ordered 10 sets of Global. (and received them by now)

Let us know how they work out for you if you are ordering them.

(it seems that my latest batch of Global worked out fine for me though)

alidisperanza
10-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up

Lakers4Life
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I just placed me order.

Bud
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Gaucho has notified me that they now have the following gut in stock:
16G Red Spiral
16G/17G Blue Spiral
15L Natural
15L Red

I just placed me order.

I emailed them last night after seeing your thread and never received a reply :-?

I was also supposed to be on their notify list.

The last time I emailed them, I received a prompt response.

Lakers4Life
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I e-mail asking for an update right after I saw dan's post. He e-mailed me this morning. I too was on their notify list, but that was over a month ago. Must be a long list.

rogernext
10-27-2009, 11:04 AM

How much did they cost you, if you don't mind sharing the info?

schenkelini
10-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I am on the list too and have not received an email. I just sent them one.

TennezSport
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah we just received the same notice and placed an order already. The great thing for us is that the distribution center is literally a mile away, so they will deliver the string to us for free on Thursday. :wink:

Let you know how it turns out, but so far the demo string they sent us was pretty sweet for the price.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

catfish
10-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I odered a set of each. Can't wait to see how it plays.

I was also on their email notification list and did not receive a notification. Maybe they have a huge list.

Hotrocks
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I emailed them last night after seeing your thread and never received a reply :-?

I was also supposed to be on their notify list.

The last time I emailed them, I received a prompt response.

It took them a day to reply after my email. I believe they are extremely busy filling orders!!! This gut was posted on this site, as I recall. a few months back.......and everyone & there brother was ordering from them. May have been this forum, on Guacho Gut, that caused unexpected sales and a depleted supply? All I can say is I use to buy VS, now swirl red & blue Gaucho. I am sure there doing there best and some need to lighten up with there comments.

JavierLW
10-28-2009, 08:03 PM
How much did they cost you, if you don't mind sharing the info?

$120 for 10 sets. (of Global) That includes shipping.

rogernext
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM

Thank you very much. that's a good deal.

Pwned
10-29-2009, 09:18 AM
I was supposed to be on their list as well. I'd like to buy 17 but they haven't responded yet. The 15 is ridiculous to string. Once its in it works fine but it sucked to string.

JavierLW
10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I was supposed to be on their list as well. I'd like to buy 17 but they haven't responded yet. The 15 is ridiculous to string. Once its in it works fine but it sucked to string.

Is it too thick?

Pwned
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Is it too thick?
Not too thick. Just damn near it! Needed to use the awl to enlarge nearly every grommet by quite a bit. I did a hybrid with the gut 15 in the crosses at 64lbs and Black Code mains at 61 and it gives a nice crisp response so far.

JavierLW
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Not too thick. Just damn near it! Needed to use the awl to enlarge nearly every grommet by quite a bit. I did a hybrid with the gut 15 in the crosses at 64lbs and Black Code mains at 61 and it gives a nice crisp response so far.

My stringer said he had to do the same thing with the "16g Global" that I bought for the A300 racquet.

(he had the same issue with Titan as well on a Head racquet)

steve728
10-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Is it too thick?

The black 16G, in particular, was pretty thick. I found that the black coating made it easier to handle, but more difficult to get through every grommet. The natural was better, IMO. I may try the 17G or the spiral, but I'm through with the black (or any other coated one).

LafayetteHitter
10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Just received my order, I have some 17g Blue and 16g Red. Quality on these look superb. I think they have more coating the the naturals I ordered with my first order.

schenkelini
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I just sent my order in. I am looking forward trying them out.

TennezSport
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Well our Gaucho rep just left and he dropped our order by. String looks really interesting, much like the Victor Imperial NG of old. The rep stated that it is made much like the old Victor string but with a poly top coating for durability.

He also stated that they are currently working on a load of new colors and testing to see how the colors may effect the string. There is a lot of coil memory due to the poly top coat but a good pre-stretch takes care of that. Let you know how they turn out.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Lakers4Life
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Did he charge you for hand delivery?

High Roller
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
String looks really interesting, much like the Victor Imperial NG of old. The rep stated that it is made much like the old Victor string but with a poly top coating for durability. :cool:

This is the same as my impression. Guacho has set natural gut back a few decades. I find it a little jumpy compared to VS, but it actually plays quite nicely, especially at the price point.

Pwned
10-29-2009, 11:53 PM
From Gaucho:

"We currently only have 15L natural, 15L red and 15L hunter green available. We will have additional 16G in towards the end of next week. As for 17G, we will have an unlimited supply by December 1."

Lakers4Life
10-31-2009, 12:22 PM
My order showed up on my mailbox today. I finally got the colors I orginally wanted. The Red Spiral looks orange, probably from the natural being a bit yellow.

schenkelini
11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I got my order today. The difference in the thickness of the 16 and 17 gauge is hardly noticeable. I ordered 16 & 17 gauge blue spiral and a 16 gauge red spiral. The quality looks better than I expected. It looks better than the Global Gut I received in the past.

C-3PO
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
anyone has hunter green? post pictures if you can.. i'm still waiting for natural 16G

Loopy07
11-04-2009, 09:05 PM

Can you give me the info on how or where to place an order for these? Think I'll give these a try.

I might try Gaucho strings as well at http://www.gauchostrings.com/ for $14 a set. Anyone know if there are discounts when buying more sets?

Thanks.

smself
11-05-2009, 07:24 AM
I received my order yesterday also. 2 each of 17g blue spiral, 16g blue spiral and 16g red spiral. The strings look good and the packages are sealed. It is very hard to tell the difference between the 16g and 17 g. When I get the string out of the package maybe it will be more apparent.

I am going to get a couple of racquets strung for my son and I and see how the string plays this weekend. My son has Tonic in one of his rackets for comparison and I have NXT Tour in one of mine.

Steve

steve728
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Can anyone compare this recent spiral batch with the black 16g in terms of thickness? I thought the black coating made the 16g way too thick. Thanks!

aussiegrinder
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Can anyone compare this recent spiral batch with the black 16g in terms of thickness? I thought the black coating made the 16g way too thick. Thanks!

I did not order any spiral in my first batch but had red, natural and black I did not like the black at all. I agree the coating made the string way to thick and played much stiffer than the red and natural which i thought played very well with good durability.

My new batch arrived yesterday I ordered 17g and 16g spiral it looks and feels much thinner and more consistent than my last order. Can't wait to test it out well done Gaucho.

kato669
11-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Got my first batch of Gaucho. 2 sets of the 16g blue spiral. Arrived in 4 days to the Chicago area. No foil packaging, sets just came together in a ziplock bag with a Gaucho label. Will try a Gaucho mains/Syn-gut cross hybrid this weekend. Very cool! Haven't played gut in ages because of the cost so I'm excited about trying this.

peli_kan
11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Just placed an order for 3 sets of Natural 16g, hopefully they'll hybrid well with Syn Gut crosses.

Lakers4Life
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Personally, I would use Black or Natural in the crosses and the other colors/spirals in the mains.

hoodjem
11-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Is there a higher breakage-during-stringing for the 17g versus the 16g?

kato669
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Just strung a hybrid with my Gaucho Gut, wanted to give feedback.

- I opened the first set of Gaucho (16g blue spiral) and took the first spool, noticed the thickness and coating on the first spool was not that consistent. Did some light pre-stretching to get rid of coil memory.
- Checked the tension on my machine. Tension measured accurate.
- Mounted racquet (Babolat PDR)
- Set crank tension head on my Eagnas Combo 910 to 60 lbs.
- Noticed some inconsistent diameter on 1RM. Hesitated going forward but hoped for the best.
-Set anchor clamp, and set tension to 1RM. String broke right at the point of the inconsistent diameter. Not too encouraged.

However, the second spool of my first set of Gaucho strung up fine at 60 lbs. I was able to complete the hybrid with Prince SG-D 17g with the crosses at 56 lbs.

Played with the newly strung racket after about 15 hours to let strings set. Racket played great! Nice feeling and excellent pocketing. Spin achieved was also great with minimal string movement (for now). Liked the power achieved and my tennis-elbow recovering right elbow felt good afterwards.

Overall, I should have skipped the 1st spool and asked for a replacement after sensing the diameter issues with it. However I'm pleased with the play of the Gaucho so far. Granted I've only played 2 hrs on it (Hit about 350 balls on a ball machine and then just hit around with a partner for about 30 min). I plan to keep my second racquet with PSGD for now, though I am very tempted to cut it put the same hybrid in :) Will write later on durability after I get a few more hours in.

andtapes
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM

What is Global website?
Thank you

dancraig
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Just strung a hybrid with my Gaucho Gut, wanted to give feedback.

- I opened the first set of Gaucho (16g blue spiral) and took the first spool, noticed the thickness and coating on the first spool was not that consistent. Did some light pre-stretching to get rid of coil memory.
- Checked the tension on my machine. Tension measured accurate.
- Mounted racquet (Babolat PDR)
- Set crank tension head on my Eagnas Combo 910 to 60 lbs.
- Noticed some inconsistent diameter on 1RM. Hesitated going forward but hoped for the best.
-Set anchor clamp, and set tension to 1RM. String broke right at the point of the inconsistent diameter. Not too encouraged.

However, the second spool of my first set of Gaucho strung up fine at 60 lbs. I was able to complete the hybrid with Prince SG-D 17g with the crosses at 56 lbs.

Played with the newly strung racket after about 15 hours to let strings set. Racket played great! Nice feeling and excellent pocketing. Spin achieved was also great with minimal string movement (for now). Liked the power achieved and my tennis-elbow recovering right elbow felt good afterwards.

Overall, I should have skipped the 1st spool and asked for a replacement after sensing the diameter issues with it. However I'm pleased with the play of the Gaucho so far. Granted I've only played 2 hrs on it (Hit about 350 balls on a ball machine and then just hit around with a partner for about 30 min). I plan to keep my second racquet with PSGD for now, though I am very tempted to cut it put the same hybrid in :) Will write later on durability after I get a few more hours in.

Gaucho has a satisfaction guaranty. You should contact them. They might send you a replacement set.

dancraig
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
What is Global website?
Thank you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=global+natural+gut

kato669
11-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Gaucho has a satisfaction guaranty. You should contact them. They might send you a replacement set.

Yes, I did right after it happened. Gaucho offered to send me another 1/2 set (that's what I asked for). I'll ask for it on my next order. Good service and guarantee.

hoodjem
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm getting some Gaucho Gut 16g in later this week for my AG100s (90 sq. in).

I am planning on hybriding it with a soft multi (as an imitation to the famous Mojo set-up) Isospeed Pro or Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17g.

I've never had nat gut in one of these racquets, only polys and poly hybrids. What tensions would you guys recommend?

dancraig
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Yes, I did right after it happened. Gaucho offered to send me another 1/2 set (that's what I asked for). I'll ask for it on my next order. Good service and guarantee.

This is huge. One of the biggest concerns with buying low priced gut is premature breakage on the machine. Knowing they will make it right makes it much easier to place an order.

Standupnfall
11-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Cant wait! Will be contacting them later to order about 4 sets.
I have some pending Paypal $$$ coming in today.

Should I try the 17 or would most customers want 16 like myself?

I'm thinking I'll order 1 red spiral 16, 1 Blue Spiral 16, 16 and 17 in Natural.
Im in NY so shipping should be quick

LafayetteHitter
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
No problems stringing Gaucho so far. They ship out very fast.

Standupnfall
11-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Just sent an email for 3 set
1) Spiral Red
1) Spiral Blue
1) Natural, all in 16g

Ill keep you guys posted on how the, trans shipping, stringing and playing goes

smself
11-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Thought I would follow up on our Gaucho strings that arrived last Wednesday. We received 2 sets of each of the 16g red spiral, 16g blue spiral and 17g blue spiral.

First racket my sons Wilson KZen team. Stringing with 16g red spiral at 58 pounds last Thursday. Mains break while stringing on the next to last main. Restring with 16g blue spiral with no problems. He hits with it Saturday and Sunday. Likes the string as well as the 16g Tonic in his other racket. Check his bag at lunch today and the mains have broke between Sunday and today.

Second racket my Wilson K5.0. String with 16g blue spiral at 58 pounds last Friday with no problems. The mains broke overnight. Restring with 16g red spiral with no problems Saturday. Hit with it Sunday. Check my bag at lunch today and the mains have also broke.

Bags have been stored in the house. All of the string that I used had several rough spots in them which looked like prime breaking points. The breaks were too frayed to know if they occurred at one of these spots.

I know many other people have had good luck with Gaucho strings. Ive got 2 packs of 17g blue spiral and I will use them. However, I will not be buying anymore. Even if Gaucho replaces the string it is not worth it to me to keep using them.

Steve

jim e
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Thought I would follow up on our Gaucho strings that arrived last Wednesday. We received 2 sets of each of the 16g red spiral, 16g blue spiral and 17g blue spiral.

First racket my sons Wilson KZen team. Stringing with 16g red spiral at 58 pounds last Thursday. Mains break while stringing on the next to last main. Restring with 16g blue spiral with no problems. He hits with it Saturday and Sunday. Likes the string as well as the 16g Tonic in his other racket. Check his bag at lunch today and the mains have broke between Sunday and today.

Second racket my Wilson K5.0. String with 16g blue spiral at 58 pounds last Friday with no problems. The mains broke overnight. Restring with 16g red spiral with no problems Saturday. Hit with it Sunday. Check my bag at lunch today and the mains have also broke.

Bags have been stored in the house. All of the string that I used had several rough spots in them which looked like prime breaking points. The breaks were too frayed to know if they occurred at one of these spots.

I know many other people have had good luck with Gaucho strings. Ive got 2 packs of 17g blue spiral and I will use them. However, I will not be buying anymore. Even if Gaucho replaces the string it is not worth it to me to keep using them.

Steve

Nice honest report Steve.
Its incidences like this where posters give a true post on a product where others would have no idea that the product is inferior,at least with some random sets out there. It would be very troublesome to string this for a client and they have this issue, as it would not look too good for the stringer even at a cheap price.
By the way Steve, for the record, have you strung with nat. gut before, and if so were there any incidences like this for you with other gut strings?

wrxtotoro
11-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I broke 2 sets of 17G blue spiral, 1 during stringing and another 1 after stringing at only low 50s lb. The 2 set of 16G I ordered a few months ago were fine with way higher tension.
I am a natural gut user/stringer and use Klip, Pacific, VS and Prince. I have strung over 20 sets of full gut or poly gut hybrid. Only Prince broke prematurely once.

smself
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Nice honest report Steve.
Its incidences like this where posters give a true post on a product where others would have no idea that the product is inferior,at least with some random sets out there. It would be very troublesome to string this for a client and they have this issue, as it would not look too good for the stringer even at a cheap price.
By the way Steve, for the record, have you strung with nat. gut before, and if so were there any incidences like this for you with other gut strings?

I have strung 8-10 sets of natural gut, either Tonic or VS, and have not had any issues with breakage. I mainly string for my son and me but I do string for a few other folks.

I would not put Gaucho in someone elses racket. Even if they were to offer to pay me to restring it if it broke like the string in our rackets did. I would not feel good about doing that.

Also, I checked the tension on my Revo 4k after the first string broke and it is calibrated correctly. Thought it might have got out of whack and I was pulling the string at a much higher tension than I thought.

Steve

treo
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I ordered two sets of Gaucho. I'll just use them on the crosses from what I'm hearing about mains breaking. It should string easily on my speedports since I don't have to worry about the grommet holes being too small.

Standupnfall
11-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Just sent the Paypal money for 3 sets.

They said they just got a shipment in today that has Natural 16G and Blue Spiral 16G, and more varieties coming next week.

Don't Let It Bounce
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I'd previously emailed to ask, "Do you have a target date for when the new colors (aqua, orange, green) will be available in 16g, and when the blue will be once more available?"

Gaucho promised to let me know, and on Tuesday they notified me: "We wanted to let you know that we now have orange and green aqua in 16G in stock."

I'd guess from previous posts about a Hunter Green color that green and aqua are two different colors.

peli_kan
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I received 3 sets of 16g Gold. A quick visual inspection reveals variances in thickness, no surprise there. Ends look like they'll fray easily, we'll see how it stands up when I hybrid them with synthetic gut. There are surface imperfections with some spots on the string, hopefully they're inconsequential.

dancraig
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd previously emailed to ask, "Do you have a target date for when the new colors (aqua, orange, green) will be available in 16g, and when the blue will be once more available?"

Gaucho promised to let me know, and on Tuesday they notified me: "We wanted to let you know that we now have orange and green aqua in 16G in stock."

I'd guess from previous posts about a Hunter Green color that green and aqua are two different colors.

I think the hunter green was only in 15L.

smself
11-16-2009, 06:43 AM

Steve

Further follow-up on the Gaucho gut. I restrung my sons KZen with 17g blue spiral last Thursday at 55 pounds. Wanted to string it at 58 but did not think it would hold up based on what happened with the 16g. The string looked and felt really good. No rough spots or areas that looked like potential breaking point. Much better looking than the 16g.

My son played 4 matches in a tournament with it this weekend and the string made it through them fine. It is fraying slightly from use but nothing out of the ordinary. Still have 1 set of 17g left that I will keep for him when this breaks. Still not planning on buying any more but if the 17g holds up well I may rethink my position.

Steve

The_Question
11-16-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm wondering how the heck people keeps breaking them?? I strung at 60lbs, and they're fine.

The only problems I have with them are, it's very yellow looking...goldish, and it's very dirty...

Standupnfall
11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Wow, fast shipping. Paypal Friday and Delivered today. Look like nice quality but itll be a little while before I string any up

Orion
11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Quick question for those of you having problems with Gaucho popping.
Are you clamping directly on the string? If so try using a piece of index card or paper inside the clamp to keep from biting the strings. I've strung 4 sets in mains without incident. I' in love with Gaucho in my mains....it plays great!!

kato669
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
This is huge. One of the biggest concerns with buying low priced gut is premature breakage on the machine. Knowing they will make it right makes it much easier to place an order.

Agreed. I'm satisfied with their response.

Just Strung up my #2 Babolat PDR with Gaucho 16g blue spiral mains with Prince SG-D crosses, 60/56. No problems.

First PDR racquet is going strong, about 9-10 hrs of play. Some notching and small frays here and there. Nothing I don't expect from gut. Very happy with the performance so far.

Standupnfall
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
ready to give one of my sets a try so I can get familiar with it before I string any for the people at my club.

Ill be stringing one of my backup racquets which I use for doubles, a Prince 03 Tour.
I love the Prince with MSV hex 1.18 at 53-54 in the mains and Gosen Syn gut 16g at 58-59.
I recently strung my HPS with VSgut16g at 63 and gosen at 61 and liked it a lot.

Im thinking Ill string this Goucho 16g Blue Spiral at 61 mains and gosen crosses at 58.
good? no good? any suggestions?

Orion
11-18-2009, 01:07 PM
You may wanna go down to 58-59 on the Gaucho in the mains, 58 is good for the Gosen in the crosses.

Standupnfall
11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Ill do 59 Goucho 58 or 59 Gosen depending on how the mains feel when there tied. The gosen looses a good amount the first couple hours anyway

Orion
11-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks Ill do 59 Goucho 58 or 59 Gosen depending on how the mains feel when there tied. The gosen looses a good amount the first couple hours anyway

Standupnfall-

Post your feedback. I kinda stumbled into my current setup (Gaucho/Black Magic) but it's the best string combo I've EVER played. Just the right amount of power and control. I want to experiment with Gosen or Gamma Syn in the crosses but I think the poly gives me the pop I'm looking for. I tried the poly main, syn cross hybrid and found it somewhat lacking.

It's takes about 3 hours for the string to settle down and liven up but once there there I'm getting 12-15 hours of NICE hitting.

Standupnfall
11-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I have some black magic. Maybe Ill try that next.
I got delayed so Im not stringing till this weekend after Friday nights sets

drummerdan
11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
It's official. I'm on the Gaucho bandwagon. Just ordered a couple trial sets - natural 16 gauge. After reading through the posts, it looks like this is the one that has caused the least amount of issues. I guess we'll see from here. I'll post my thoughts after giving it a go.

On Tilt EX
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Purchased three sets (1 orange 16, 1 red 16, 1 red 15). Strung up the a half in the crosses of the pure storm last night. Took my time, strung up fine. Did not feel as dry as say Titan does, but not as nice as the typical VS or Tonic. Hit with it for about 30 min tonight, just to give it a go. Played nice, mains are Isospeed baseline. Will keep you guys updated about how it goes the rest of the way till it breaks. So far so good.

downs_chris
11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
i enjoyed the gaucho gut 16g...with msv focus hex in the cross...besides being a really really ridiculously comfortable setup -- the poly really keeps the gut from moving all around...

On Tilt EX
11-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Strung a second half set of the natural gut. This time I strung the 15g Red in the Pure Storm. Crosses are just a basic nylon. Plays really nice. More similar to how I remember gut playing from the other times I have played with it.

First one I strung is still going strong with minimal fraying after about 8 hours of play. The 15g red in the mains is still looking brand new with about an hour on the strings. I am certainly pleased with the two half sets I have strung so far, and more than likely will be ordering more afer this first 3 sets are gone.

I will be back to the thread when one finally goes to give the final review and time frame it took to break.

gameboy
11-30-2009, 11:36 PM
My first set of Gaucho finally popped over the weekend. I probably put in about 20 or 30 hours on it. I went through 3 sets of other strings on the other racquet while Gaucho ran strong.

Now I am bummed since my pro won't string another racquet with Gaucho for me because it was such a hassle (it is pretty thick).

It may be a time for me to buy a stringer and start stringing myself. The feel is very very addictive.

drummerdan
12-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Six days after ordering, I received my 2 sets of natural. It came in the clear package and it looks like it'll be ok. It looks like it's consistent with no lumps or bumps. I'll string it up this Friday and give it a go. I'll be testing it against my normal setup (see signature).

drakulie
12-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Wow! Haven't posted in here in a while. Have anyone people received the red spiral??

downs_chris
12-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Six days after ordering, I received my 2 sets of natural. It came in the clear package and it looks like it'll be ok. It looks like it's consistent with no lumps or bumps. I'll string it up this Friday and give it a go. I'll be testing it against my normal setup (see signature).

yeah...i just received some last week -- it also came in a clear package...

Lakers4Life
12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow! Haven't posted in here in a while. Have anyone people received the red spiral??

I have about a month ago, it broke after about 4 hours of play in the bag. I had hybrid it with blue sprial. The colored thread started to peel off before I got it on the racket. I'm a bit disappointed with the sprials.

dancraig
12-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I've got several hours on a set of the 15L green. There is a little fraying, but still plays great.

downs_chris
12-02-2009, 03:49 AM
i also "stumbled" upon Gaucho Gut (sprial red) with MSV Focus Hex in the crosses (it came with a recent racquet purchase)...it's a very comfortable setup -- i love how the poly in the crosses keeps all the strings in place (just like a full bed of poly would)...but yeah, so far, so good...i just received 5 sets of the natural 16 gauge stuff...we'll see how this compares to the spiral red i have...

LaverAtor
12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
My Xmas frame. Gaucho 16G red spiral in the mains and Gaucho 16G red in the crosses. Strung at 56 lbs on my old school drop weight.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2159/frameshot1.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7480/micro1.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7619/micro3.jpg

dancraig
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Cool set-up, candy cane ish.

Bud
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
My Xmas frame. Gaucho 16G red spiral in the mains and Gaucho 16G red in the crosses. Strung at 56 lbs on my old school drop weight.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2159/frameshot1.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7480/micro1.jpg

Is that a 2nd generation PD?

LaverAtor
12-04-2009, 06:32 AM
^^I believe it is. I liked it so much I bought 4 of them before Babolat updated the frame.

star 5 15
12-04-2009, 07:24 AM
How do you buy this string. I kind of want to try this stuff and global after there being so much hype. I am a longtime VS user.

Standupnfall
12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm feeling nice today so I Googled it for you

http://www. gauchostrings .com/ <remove spaces

Just click around the site to find there email
tell them what you want and your Payp@l info and they will send you a request for payment

downs_chris
12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
How do you buy this string. I kind of want to try this stuff and global after there being so much hype. I am a longtime VS user.

http://www.gauchostrings.com/

you send them an email, and which strings / how many you want...they then send you a pay pal invoice -- for me it went very smoothly...received my strings within a few days...

dancraig
12-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Just got this message from Gaucho:

We are currently running two holiday specials through the end of December: 1) $13.00/set (any color/gauge). 2) Free shipping within the US for orders of 10+ sets. We currently have the following available:

15L
Natural
Hunter Green

16G
Natural
Gold
Green Aqua
Red
Dark Blue
Dark Purple

parasailing
12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I had the gaucho strung last week and last night I heard a pop sound. It broke while in my tennis bag, that sucks!

dancraig
12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I had the gaucho strung last week and last night I heard a pop sound. It broke while in my tennis bag, that sucks!

They have a "satisfaction guaranty". I would tell them if I wasn't happy with my purchase.

Lakers4Life
12-16-2009, 07:05 AM
They have a "satisfaction guaranty". I would tell them if I wasn't happy with my purchase.

I have not heard of them refunding money, other than replacing the string set on the next order. Though I would like to order, I still have a lot of stock I have not used yet.

dancraig
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
I heard from the Gaucho guys this week. They are upgrading their string line. The new string should be out soon.

We are currently developing our new line of natural gut (ICE) which will be available in 15L, 16G and 17G. The new line will be released in a few months time (roughly around April). In the interim, we will be selling strings in limited quantities. Our website (www.gauchostrings.com) will be the best place to check for updates, but we will also contact you when our new line is available. The new line is going to be our best yet, with increased durability during stringing/on court and flawless consistency in gauge and coating.