PDA

View Full Version : Ball fuzz on crosses

shogun90
10-26-2009, 07:29 AM
I was looking at my strings yesterday and noticed that the ball fuzz was only on the crosses. My setup is prototype Luxilon mains and Klipper Pearlzone crosses. I've noticed people putting spin polys in the crosses and wondered why since it seemed to make sense that the spin strings should be in the mains. Now I'm thinking that spin the crosses could help add spin. What are your thoughts?

purple-n-gold
10-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Tennis ball remnants(ball fuzz)tends to stick easier to softer strings in my experience, seems like multi's especially pick up fuzz more often in my hybrids than do the poly strings.

shogun90
10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Tennis ball remnants(ball fuzz)tends to stick easier to softer strings in my experience, seems like multi's especially pick up fuzz more often in my hybrids than do the poly strings.

Are your multi's usually in your crosses?

THESEXPISTOL
10-26-2009, 08:13 AM

True. I use hybrids and the main polys don't get fuzz and the crosses are full of it.

purple-n-gold
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Yes they are. Multi's seem to pick up way more fuzz than either nat gut or syn gut as well in the cross, most multi's seem pretty "sticky".

shogun90
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone that has poly in the crosses notice ball fuzz on them?

MomentumGT
10-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Anyone that has poly in the crosses notice ball fuzz on them?

Full bed of poly and there is very little fuzz on the string bed at all. After a full hour of hitting drills with new balls I do get a small but significant amount of ball fuzz landing on my face and sticking to my face along with the sweet. LOL. It has to be coming from hitting the ball because the felt is pretty torn apart after about a half hour to a hour.

-Jon

goosala
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Poly mains are slick so the ball felt does not stick to them. Syn gut or multis will wear down the coating which allows the felt to stick.

liftlobby2
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
its the string type thats causing all the "catching".fuzzy multi for me.

jefferson
10-30-2009, 06:14 AM
I thought that when you string test you are supposed to do full string job. In order to answer their questions on the survey.
I too have the proto lux, I like it alot. (So far) It has only been a day of hitting but they felt great.