PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when...

NoirX252
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm attempting kick serves, they "twist" but they don't bounce "high"?

bbbbbb
10-27-2009, 04:41 AM
it means one of three things,your hitting through it more then swining up,You arnt hitting a kick,or your lackin racquet speed

sh@de
10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Not enough racquet head speed is probably why.

LeeD
10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Clear the net by more distance, so the arc of the ball is greater, so the bounce is higher. If you hit it near the netcord, it's the lowest bounce you can get.
And swing slightly upwards on the contact stroke, so it starts out over 10' high, clears the net by 3', and gets a nice, head high bounce at the baseline of your opponent.
Think.... A R C = high bounce.

paulfreda
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
High bounce really comes from high trajectory, not the spin. This is true for groundies too. Topspin actually makes the ball jump forward, not up.

If you toss it more toward the back fence behind you, you will be forced to swing up more while still being able to pronate. It will then be easier to get under the ball and create the higher trajectory you need.

Also, get the butt to face the sky just before the forward swing and you should see some good spin.

NoirX252
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. I've been tossing it a bit out in front without "chasing" it to simulate a toss which is more backwards. A friend said it was definitely "twisting" as he was forced to go pretty wide on the ad side when I kicked it to the backhand corner, but the bounce was very weak.

I'll try and exp with my motion/toss

wyutani
10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
hit thru the ball. rookie.

Nellie
10-28-2009, 07:14 AM
If you open up too early, you swing path (which should be parallel to the line of the baseline) won't let you brush up the back of the ball, and ball won't jump.