PDA

View Full Version : CyberFlash alternative

ManuGinobili
10-27-2009, 01:40 AM
CyberFlash seemed to be the only thing that worked great for my youtek speed mp (besides ALU for 6 hours). But I cannot find any of it in my city anymore (order from TW not a possibility). Can you guys recommend something with a similar package of spin, power (not too lively like nrg2), and control? Some of the strings I'm looking to try are Sonic Pro, Gamma Professional and Kirschbaum Proline2, Wilson NXT... thanks for the help

THESEXPISTOL
10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
CyberBlue
BigAce
Unique Big Hitter

BigT
10-27-2009, 06:49 AM
doesn't TW ship everywhere?

Lefty5
10-27-2009, 07:07 AM
unique big hitter is almost identical, you can buy on TW, one of my favorite strings... personally I love the Blue version, little softer.

ryangoring
10-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Unique Big Hitter

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-27-2009, 09:17 AM
WeissCannon Turbotwist

PROTENNIS63
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Unique Big Hitter.

jackson vile
10-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Big hitter or try Silver String

couch
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I switched from SPPP to Cyberflash for a little extra power and pop on the serve. Had great spin on groundies but didn't seem to hold tension nearly as well as the SPPP. I have since switched to Signum Pro's new blackline strings. They seem to offer some nice pop and offer the tension maintenance Cyberflash, and a lot of other polys, seem to lack. Can't decide if I'm going with Tornado or Hyperion. Tornado seems to offer a little more spin while Hyperion offers a little more power.

If you can, try these strings out.

ClubHoUno
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I switched from SPPP to Cyberflash for a little extra power and pop on the serve. Had great spin on groundies but didn't seem to hold tension nearly as well as the SPPP. I have since switched to Signum Pro's new blackline strings. They seem to offer some nice pop and offer the tension maintenance Cyberflash, and a lot of other polys, seem to lack. Can't decide if I'm going with Tornado or Hyperion. Tornado seems to offer a little more spin while Hyperion offers a little more power.

If you can, try these strings out.

^^^^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID !!!!!

The two new Signum Pro Blackline strings are my new CoPoly favorites.
I've suffered from TE some time ago, and couldn't stand using Luxilon strings for more than 3 hours, after that they died - tried 5 different Luxilon strings and they all die very fast, in fact too damn fast.

Then I found the new 3.rd and now 4.th generation CoPpoly's from Germany and France and from starting last month, I simply dumped the Belgium Luxilon for good until they release a string, that keeps it good playing characteristics for more than 3 hours and don't kill the elbow and arm.

Weisscannon Silverstring, Signum Pro Poly Plasma Pure and Tecnifibre Red Code all were very good CoPoly's - also liked the CoPoly from Kirschbaum. Then came the MSV FOCUS HEX string and it played great with its new spin shape.

Signum then released the 4.th generation CoPoly succesors to their old popular strings and I've been testing them for 3 months now and my elbow and arm is in fine condition.

Both Signum Blackline Pro Hyperion and Signum Blackline Pro Tornado are excellent CoPoly strings.

I use the Hyperion in 1.24 gauge as cross string in a hybrid with Babolat VS 16 NAT GUT, and it plays really well up untill I break the gut or the Hyperion after 12-15 hours.
The Hyperion offer better power and as good control as Tornado and maintains tension FANTASTICLY well. It's not super durable, so I use the 1.24 gauge in my VS NAT GUT hybrid, and on occasion it's the Hyperion cross string that breaks and not the VS 16 NAT GUT main string to my surprise. A thinner gauge Hyperion would have cut through the mains VS GUT faster and do not maintain the tension quite as well as the 1.24 gauge in my view.

I use the Tornado in 1.17 gauge as my main string in a hybrid with Tecnifibre X-One 1.24 gauge in 2 other racquets, and I really love this combo - and I can also use it in humid and wet weather.
The Tornado is more spinny than the Hyperion and has a bit more comfort, it keeps the tension very well, but not not quite as good as the Hyperion (but the Hyperion is a MONSTER, when it comes to tension maintenance). I really enjoy how the Tornado and X-One mix well together in this hybrid, and I sometimes actually prefer this setup to my Hyperion-Vs nat gut setup, it plays that well.

So give the Signum Tornado and Signum Hyperion a serious look and chance!

kaibaNYC06
10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
CyberBlue
BigAce
Unique Big Hitter

Not sure about big Hitter. But i liked cyberflash much more than BA or CyberBlue.

ManuGinobili
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
whoa thanks guys ive never learned so much about ... well... cool strings. Luxilon's getting lamer and lamer.
Lmao @Thesexpistol: did not expect cyberblue to be the first recommendation- if u can find cyberblue at a shop then u can definitely find cyberflash, dont u think?
I'm lookin for other options before TW because, I'd have to pay shipping (ridiculous for asia) AND a 15% tax rate... might have to buy 10,15 packs of strings to spread out the shipping. I actually tried Sonic Pro out last night, and for $8 it was pretty good. Didn't have the easy spin of cyberflash, but I could hit some heavy balls with it... The Kirschbaum ProLine2 is next in line!

nickarnold2000
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
whoa thanks guys ive never learned so much about ... well... cool strings. Luxilon's getting lamer and lamer.
Lmao @Thesexpistol: did not expect cyberblue to be the first recommendation- if u can find cyberblue at a shop then u can definitely find cyberflash, dont u think?
I'm lookin for other options before TW because, I'd have to pay shipping (ridiculous for asia) AND a 15% tax rate... might have to buy 10,15 packs of strings to spread out the shipping. I actually tried Sonic Pro out last night, and for $8 it was pretty good. Didn't have the easy spin of cyberflash, but I could hit some heavy balls with it... The Kirschbaum ProLine2 is next in line!
I also live in Asia and what I do is wait until a friend is going back to the States and then order string to that address and they bring it over for me. Of course, you can't order too much but a reel packs very nicely between shirts in a suitcase or separate string packages are no problem for a traveller.
BTW, I'm in Taiwan, where are you?

Cup8489
10-28-2009, 09:26 PM

buy a reel,
better deal.

a reel of cyberflash is 726 feet long, but when you do the math it's significantly cheaper than the same number of sets.

crocon
10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Like other people are saying big hitter is very close.

If you're willing to spend some extra bucks PLII is better in just about every category IMO.

jazzyfunkybluesy
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Like other people are saying big hitter is very close.

If you're willing to spend some extra bucks PLII is better in just about every category IMO.

Except for tension maintenance which is dismal for Pro Line II

AlpineCadet
11-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I'd recommend getting a job so you can have enough funds to buy from TW.com.

ManuGinobili
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I have a job- as a super sub for the san antonio spurs :)