PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Elbow?

NoirX252
10-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Was just thinking about this recently.

Around 4 years ago just starting tennis, I tried to emulate the Sampras serve, as I attempted to hit the ball, my arm did something weird during the "racquet drop" position as the it lagged towards the ball, and I felt/heard a rip in my elbow.

As a result, it was painful to hold/swing a racquet I think, although I still attended my group lessons despite it.

fast forward to now. I was just curious to see if I had tennis elbow, and read up on it, turns out I don't match the "symptoms" of tennis elbow, golfer's elbow or Bursitis.

it only hurts when i extend my arm to the max trying to crack my elbow joint. (which i do frequently along with cracking it at other angles)

I have a very "wristy" so to speak forehand/backhand, doesn't bother it one bit, although my elbow sometimes hurts a bit when serving, it has never been a big issue with me.

Is this tennis elbow still? I am asking mostly because I am curious what this elbow pain is, it's not affecting my tennis game at all. compressed nerve?

SystemicAnomaly
10-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Probably not TE. Should post this in the Health & Fitness forum. See a medical expert on this if you've not done so already.

NoirX252
10-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Oh yeah, thank you, gonna post it there now :)

Bungalo Bill
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Was just thinking about this recently.

Around 4 years ago just starting tennis, I tried to emulate the Sampras serve, as I attempted to hit the ball, my arm did something weird during the "racquet drop" position as the it lagged towards the ball, and I felt/heard a rip in my elbow.

As a result, it was painful to hold/swing a racquet I think, although I still attended my group lessons despite it.

fast forward to now. I was just curious to see if I had tennis elbow, and read up on it, turns out I don't match the "symptoms" of tennis elbow, golfer's elbow or Bursitis.

it only hurts when i extend my arm to the max trying to crack my elbow joint. (which i do frequently along with cracking it at other angles)

I have a very "wristy" so to speak forehand/backhand, doesn't bother it one bit, although my elbow sometimes hurts a bit when serving, it has never been a big issue with me.

Is this tennis elbow still? I am asking mostly because I am curious what this elbow pain is, it's not affecting my tennis game at all. compressed nerve?

If you heard a "rip" in your arm, you best get it checked by Doctor to rule out things.